• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
source? I heard that two minutes ago, and was confirmed a fake account.

tumblr_m4uu7i1ILU1qk9z3lo1_1280.jpg

pilonv1

Lakers never lose a trade. NEVER.

February 22, 1993
The Seattle SuperSonics traded Benoit Benjamin and Doug Christie to the Los Angeles Lakers for Sam Perkins.

October 13, 1994

The Phoenix Suns waived Duane Cooper.

The Los Angeles Lakers traded Doug Christie to the New York Knicks for a 1997 2nd round draft pick (Paul Rogers) and a 1998 2nd round draft pick. The 2nd round draft pick traded to Los Angeles was conditional and was not exercised.

note: Paul Rogers is an Australian.

Flynn has identified six teams -- the Lakers, Portland, Phoenix, Toronto, Chicago, and Brooklyn -- as potential destinations and should find mutual interest from the potential suitors, according to a source close to the unrestricted free agent point guard.

Please no Flynn.

Also lol @ delonte. He's not even a Mav as of July 1st.

Mothman91

If Beal does go 2nd, we would go get MKG. We got Okafor/Booker, but then we got Singleton/Vesely(barf).

I wouldn't mind either way.

WoJ talking about Waiters to 4th.

Cavs definitely love their statistical models for drafting, that's definitely clear. Not sure I love those models though since competition and defensive attention is so wildly different for every player...

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
WoJ talking about Waiters to 4th.

Cavs definitely love their statistical models for drafting, that's definitely clear. Not sure I love those models though since competition and defensive attention is so wildly different for every player...

Is the thought here that if Cavs take Waiters, Barnes or Beal might be available at 6th?

pilonv1

Is the thought here that if Cavs take Waiters, Barnes or Beal might be available at 6th?

I think Waiters is #4 if Beal goes #3. Then one of Barnes/Drummond is there at six provided the Kings don't do something stupid and take someone other than MKG

kamspy

I don't see how Drummand is posed to go so low. Seems like a younger Bynum. Big as fuck with absolutely no ball skills, but you can't teach big as fuck.

Is he too much of a goon to be coached? 7'0 280lbs seems too good to go so low. Especially in this class.

reilo

I don't see how Drummand is posed to go so low. Seems like a younger Bynum. Big as fuck with absolutely no ball skills, but you can't teach big as fuck.

Is he too much of a goon to be coached? 7'0 280lbs seems too good to go so low. Especially in this class.

I think 10 years ago Drummond goes top 2. But in those 10 years, a lot of teams have become somewhat smarter about drafting for potential that high.

Hisham Thabeet was also big as fuck

kamspy

I think 10 years ago Drummond goes top 2. But in those 10 years, a lot of teams have become somewhat smarter about drafting for potential that high.

With the real NBA Center drought, I don't see how teams can pass him up for a bunch of SF slashers who are destined to become future iterations of Jamario Moon or JJ Hickson.

With the real NBA Center drought, I don't see how teams can pass him up for a bunch of SF slashers who are destined to become future iterations of Jamario Moon or JJ Hickson.

JJ Hickson is a big...

Kwame. Thabeet. Darko. And others.

Drummond smells like a big time bust.

reilo

Yeah, even if Drummond turns out to be good (say, a Hibbert type), he would truly be the exception to the rule than the trend.

Yeah, even if Drummond turns out to be good (say, a Hibbert type), he would truly be the exception to the rule than the trend.

and the #2 pick is big money. They make like what, $4 mil the 1st year? Up to $7 the last year? You want at least a top 6 player on your team for that price.

If he's taken at 7 or 8 and gets $1.5 up to $3, it's completely different.

I wouldn't risk taking him in the top 3 at all. If he busts, your team is set back quite a bit. Memphis got lucky with Thabeet that their team built up without him.

On the other hand, had they drafted harden, they are likely the team in the NBA Finals this season instead of a 1st round exit.

giri

and the #2 pick is big money. They make like what, $4 mil the 1st year? Up to $7 the last year? You want at least a top 6 player on your team for that price.

If he's taken at 7 or 8 and gets $1.5 up to $3, it's completely different.

I wouldn't risk taking him in the top 3 at all. If he busts, your team is set back quite a bit. Memphis got lucky with Thabeet that their team built up without him.

On the other hand, had they drafted harden, they are likely the team in the NBA Finals this season instead of a 1st round exit.

Yeah, the suns Lopez was a #13 or #14 pick, so wth all his injuries/ inconsistency i aint mad at all about the pick. had to give it a shot.

But it's so different if you're drafting top 3.

To this day I have no clue how Thabeet went number 2.

This isn't even some hindsight shit...dude was ass then. He got sonned b y Blair on a regular basis.

Drummond at least is young and an athletic freak and good in HS. Thabeet was just tall and sucked his entire life.

This isn't even some hindsight shit...dude was ass then. He got sonned b y Blair on a regular basis.

Drummond at least is young and an athletic freak and good in HS. Thabeet was just tall and sucked his entire life.

You can't teach height!

diehard

Fleer
2 years ago i wanted Evan Turner somehow, last year i wanted Derrick Williams and was hoping Kemba fell to 12.

I'll never laugh put too much emotion on the line at the draft ever again.

abuC

Everyone says he's coachable and he seems like a good kid-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chWgVc-NDck

Listening to him speak he's the definition of man-child, his voice is still breaking.

There are only a couple of teams I think he would develop on, and with him not many teams/coaches will have the patience to wait it out. If he's ever a player, it won't be for a few years.

giri

Can't teach Height!

Thabeet was drafted because he was 7'2".

Thats it.

He was athletic, but he somehow manages to look stiff while doing it.

i dunno, i never got it either.

Can't teach Height!

Thabeet was drafted because he was 7'2".

Thats it.

He was athletic, but he somehow manages to look stiff while doing it.

i dunno, i never got it either.

I completely forgot Thabeet was on the Blazers. Is he the fastest top 5 pick to ever hit "who he play for?" status?

I also want to say Nikoloz Tskitishvili...and I am impressed myself that I was able to spell that right the first time without google

cdyhybrid

You guys need to email your GMs. If winning an NBA championship is something that interests you, lobby your GM/head coach to draft the outstanding players out of the University of Washington, specifically Terrence Ross, SG/SF and Tony Wroten Jr., PG/SG. But only if you want rings.

diehard

Fleer
You guys need to email your GMs. If winning an NBA championship is something that interests you, lobby your GM/head coach to draft the outstanding players out of the University of Washington, specifically Terrence Ross, SG/SF and Tony Wroten Jr., PG/SG. But only if you want rings.

no player from Washington has ever got a ring, true story.

Pkaz01

Yeah, the suns Lopez was a #13 or #14 pick, so wth all his injuries/ inconsistency i aint mad at all about the pick. had to give it a shot.

But it's so different if you're drafting top 3.

Remember him during that lakers series? He was actually playing well and looked solid, it all went downhill after that though. Everything did. fuck you ron artest.

kamspy

JJ Hickson is a big...

Kwame. Thabeet. Darko. And others.

Drummond smells like a big time bust.

Hickson isn't 280. Drummond is a big boy. Bynum, Shaq big. Not just tall.

Everyone says he's coachable and he seems like a good kid-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chWgVc-NDck

Listening to him speak he's the definition of man-child, his voice is still breaking.

There are only a couple of teams I think he would develop on, and with him not many teams/coaches will have the patience to wait it out. If he's ever a player, it won't be for a few years.

I agree with this. It would really take the right team, which none of the high picking teams are. But for a veteran team, I dunno, might be worth trading up for. We've had 7'0's, but they've been lanky. This dude's got beef. If he's got a head on his shoulders at all I think he'll do good. Better than unibrow. Though, Unibrow will easily produce more in his first 3 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom