• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Kings will not entertain trading 5th pick until they see who is available, sources tell Y! Word is Sacramento loves Kansas' Thomas Robinson.

Good thing he won't be there then.

We need a reliable wing. Our FO better not be fucking talking about drafting a big.

SamuraiX-

I feel for you bro.

I know my FO is lazy and won't o shit...you know your FO is dumb and will do bad things.

They are going to over think it

I will flip my fucking shit if we are able to take MKG and then trade him away or if he's available but T-Rob is gone and we make a trade to move down the board to draft Drummond, Zeller, or Henson.

That would be it. I'm talking some full-retard, permaban level shit up in here. Fuck no. Fuck that.

Smokey

i'm so sorry

lets play bf3 later

viakado was a dumb and was playing on 64 player CQC servers lolololololololololol

i havent tried to play on anything higher than 32, and that's already crowded to me. i will be on this weekend..i try to avoid bf3 during the week. i start playing it and it goes for hours and gotta work next day etc

although depending on the outcome of tonights draft i might make an exception and head on just to rage

any Live 13 footage?

Draft talk always has me anticipating a new basketball game.

Leaning towards Live 13 for working online mode.

cmon son

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Gonna love the Wiz board when the Cats draft T-Rob at 2 and we draft MKG anyway.

Literally no shooters on the roster lol

And I aint even mad

You can find dudes that can shoot on the cheap every summer. They could easily pick up somebody like Danny Green or Bellineli.

‏

Then why did we trade the pick in the first place?
Because

timberfail.gif

benjipwns

Banned
Adrian Wojnarowski:
Spurs are shopping forward DeJuan Blair, league sources tell Y! Spurs have Euro picks they could bring over next season, need roster space.

Boston is aggressively working to move up into the late lottery, if not higher, league sources tell Y!. Celtics own No. 21 and 22 picks

benjipwns

Banned
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--syracuse-s-dion-waiters-drawing-interest-from-cavaliers.html
Cleveland has intensified its background checks on Waiters, and sources in direct contact with Cavs officials believe Waiters would be the franchise's choice over Kansas’ Thomas Robinson should the Charlotte Bobcats select Michael Kidd-Gilchrist at No. 2, and the Washington Wizards take Beal at No. 3.

The Toronto Raptors have stayed aggressive in their pursuit to move past the Golden State Warriors at No. 7 and secure Waiters, league sources said. Multiple league executives believe Toronto (No. 8) and Phoenix (No. 13) made it clear to Waiters’ agent they wouldn’t let him slide past them. At the start of the process, Waiters was projected to go in the Nos. 15-25 range. He has rapidly ascended into the top half of the lottery.

There’s a small pocket of Golden State management that’s a proponent of drafting UConn center Andre Drummond with the seventh pick, but several Warriors officials are less enthusiastic about him. Waiters has strong support among the Warriors' front office and coaching staff, along with North Carolina’s Harrison Barnes. Waiters' ability to attack the basket and get to the foul line is appealing for a Golden State team that ranked among the league’s worst in free-throw attempts.

Golden State has also shown a willingness to trade the No. 7 pick and move back in the first-round if none of the team's desired targets are available. The Warriors also own the 30th pick.

Bowser

lol, I just read this:

According to sources, the Cavs have narrowed their list down to three players: Florida's Bradley Beal, Kentucky's Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and North Carolina's Harrison Barnes.

The Cavs covet Beal, but are convinced that the Wizards will select him with the No. 3 pick. They have had discussions about swapping picks with the Bobcats at No. 2 to select Beal, but as of Thursday afternoon, they still didn't have a deal with Charlotte.

If the Cavs stay at four and Beal is off the board, their front office has been torn between Kidd-Gilchrist and Barnes. While Barnes provides more punch offensively, the Cavs are intrigued by the defensive abilities and leadership qualities of Kidd-Gilchrist. Kidd-Gilchrist and Irving were high school teammates and won a state championship together.

Sources say that as of Thursday, Kidd-Gilchrist had a slight lead over Barnes for the No. 4 pick.

The Cavs have also shown interest in Dion Waiters and Terrence Ross, but sources say that interest doesn't extend to the No. 4 pick. The Cavs have been trying to acquire another Top 10 pick and would consider those players there if they can make a deal.

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/st...y-beal-michael-kidd-gilchrist-harrison-barnes

So much smoke out there, I'm choking!

SamuraiX-

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/st...t-charlotte-bobcats-weighing-offers-no-2-pick
That doesn't mean the Bobcats will be more inclined to use the No. 2 pick on a small forward, Cho said.

Cho lives by the philosophy of "draft talent and trade for need," meaning the Bobcats could still fill the small forward position in free agency or via trade. Cho's philosophy means the Bobcats will draft "the best player available" regardless of who's on the roster.

Higgins said drafting a small forward simply because that is the team's most glaring need right now would be "shortsighted."

"You have to look at all things considered, and the draft is just the next order of business in terms of building your team," Higgins said. "You also have the ability to trade and free agency is right around the corner where you can upgrade, too."

Pretty much confirms Cats are taking T-Rob.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/06/28/nba-mock-draft-2012/index.html
Also, I've been assured that it's possible that the Kings would pass on Kidd-Gilchrist if he remained available.

yKThd.gif
yKThd.gif
yKThd.gif

Bowser

T-Rob is so underwhelming to me. I'm sure he'll be a solid pro but I'd rather gamble on MKG, Beal or Barnes being a star.

edit:
Draftexpress said:
Sources say Minnesota offered Derrick Williams to Charlotte in exchange for the #2 pick. Bobcats quickly rejected.

lol sorry Kahn, not every GM in the league is dumb like you. Give us Rubio or Love and you'll be in business.

Brinbe

Holy crap, if SAC passes on MKG.... GSW would be laughing at their f'n luck, potentially get their pick of Barnes/MKG/Waiters

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...ines-jared-sullinger/index.html#ixzz1z6cEs1Ag

These are trade pieces either for Orlando's Dwight Howard or another star, but that doesn't mean Morey will be able to make that play before they actually become Rockets players. He knows this, of course, and that's why sources said Houston asked Baylor power forward Perry Jones to come in for a second visit on Wednesday night, a surprise meeting as part of the team's 11th-hour prospect homework. Jones could become the selection with one of the three picks, but it's sure convenient that, as one of the sources said, Jones is high on the Magic's list (they pick at No. 19) and thus plays this role to perfection.

SamuraiX-

Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress
Derrick Williams is a good reminder of how fickle perceived value can be at times. One year ago, he was untouchable. Today, he's trade bait

Not really fair. His only season played in the NBA is a condensed lockout season that was castrated of the typical resources rookies usually have at their disposal when coming into the league and he still showed enough promise to warrant taking him @ #2.

Although it'll be difficult for him to break out on the Wolves if he doesn't learn how to play the SF position better.

SamuraiX-

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Kings (owners of 5th) also high on Harrison Barnes, too.

You know what? If MKG is gone, I'll fucking take him. Fuck it.

Just please, please, please don't trade the pick or instead draft Lillard, Drummond, or Henson.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...ines-jared-sullinger/index.html#ixzz1z6cEs1Ag

These are trade pieces either for Orlando's Dwight Howard or another star, but that doesn't mean Morey will be able to make that play before they actually become Rockets players. He knows this, of course, and that's why sources said Houston asked Baylor power forward Perry Jones to come in for a second visit on Wednesday night, a surprise meeting as part of the team's 11th-hour prospect homework. Jones could become the selection with one of the three picks, but it's sure convenient that, as one of the sources said, Jones is high on the Magic's list (they pick at No. 19) and thus plays this role to perfection.

I wouldn't be upset with Jones. I doubt we keep the picks but if somehow we do, Jones, Ross, Lamb, Drummond, and Zeller are all people I'm okay with.

thekad

Banned
Drummond, Lamb, and Jones III would be hilarious. So much jumpoutofthegym with a lot of bust potential. Actually, I would be okay with not trading those guys if we got them, though slightly disappointed.

Jonm1010

Banned
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/46800/truehoop-tv-thomas-robinson-and-jayla

Thomas Robinson talking about his life with his baby sister since they have both lost their whole family.

Now, here's someone who is not a kid. I have always said I really like Robinson, but this video just shows so much character, I can't help but being a fan already.

He really is probably the most driven and highest character guy in the draft. No way this kid fails at the next level based solely on his will and determination NOT to fail. Great, great kid.

He still has holes in his game he needs to improve and honestly he would have benefitted from another year in college. You have to remember when Rivers started with Duke, his lone offensive move was driving to the hoop, flailing into someone for contact, that was it and he was not good. When refs stopped calling that shit, he had to improve his finsih and did. He still needs to go left and develop a mid range.

I just don't want people to misinterpret River's shot selection as selfish when usually the second option was jack a 3 or hope Mason Plumlee could put up a shot without having to hold the ball for 2 seconds before he did something with it. The team had all sorts of problems, Rivers supposed attitude was not one. If it was, then the BBall program is doing a far better job of hiding it than they did with McRoberts. I think its lazy analysts promoting a narrative that people want to believe. They look at numbers and percentages, and not the actual games

very good to hear since I'm pretty sure hornets are taking him since both our GM and coach have known the kid since he was 4 years old apparently.

Question though, can he actually convert to the point? And do so without being a hinderence to offensive flow? Basically have you seen or heard anything that suggests he isn't going to end up playing asshole ball most of the time, taking shots away from better players aka Gordon.

Drummond, Lamb, and Jones III would be hilarious. So much jumpoutofthegym with a lot of bust potential. Actually, I would be okay with not trading those guys if we got them, though slightly disappointed.

Why not go for potential? Since apparently no superstar wants to be here, we should just roll the dice with a bunch of high potential prospects. Though, that's pretty much what happened with the '09ers and Morey might still feel burned.

You know what? If MKG is gone, I'll fucking take him. Fuck it.

Just please, please, please don't trade the pick or instead draft Lillard, Drummond, or Henson.
I dunno, I hear alot of people high on Lillard as more complete that Barnes. Not as a high ceiling and definitely not the star potential, but will be solid.

Although Kings don't need to draft a PG, you're right.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
LOL at these rumors:

Sam Amick said:
One executive said on Wednesday night that Cleveland (No. 4) was under the impression that Portland was attempting to use its No. 6 pick to get Washington's No. 3 pick and draft Syracuse shooting guard Dion Waiters. Then Yahoo! Sports reported that the Cavs -- who were at the front of that line of teams trying to get to No. 2 in order to pick Florida shooting guard Bradley Beal -- were seriously considering Waiters at No. 4.

Where is this Dion Waters shit coming from?

thekad

Banned
Why not go for potential? Since apparently no superstar wants to be here, we should just roll the dice with a bunch of high potential prospects. Though, that's pretty much what happened with the '09ers and Morey might still feel burned.

To be fair, Flynn and Thabeet had no potential; they sucked from the beginning. Jordan Hill was alright. Terrence Williams was the only one with the potential of Drummond/PJIII/Lamb, but now we've got better odds at hitting on at least one of them.

SamuraiX-

I dunno, I hear alot of people high on Lillard as more complete that Barnes. Not as a high ceiling and definitely not the star potential, but will be solid.

Although Kings don't need to draft a PG, you're right.

I'd be okay with Lillard if Zeke 2.0 didn't have such a break out season in his rookie year. I like him as our PG of the future for now, despite his stature.

I just can't understand how his team is trying to find a big that can complement DMC in this draft over a desperately needed and reliable wing. Drummond and DMC in the front court has crossed my mind, but too much of a risk.

If we draft Barnes he'd instantly be the 2nd best player on our roster in terms of offensive capability.

Question thoug, can he actually convert to the point? And do so without being a hinderence to offensive flow? Basically have you seen or heard anything that suggests he isn't going to end playing asshole ball most of the time, taking shots away from better player aka Gordon.

He spent very little time as the primary ballhandler at Duke. Most of the time they would have Curry/Thornton/Cook bring the ball up the court with Rivers running off of one or two screens to get to the ball. Most offensive possesions where he touched the ball ended up with him taking the shot
or more accurately, him turning the ball over
. Now you could argue that he had to be that way, because he was far and away the team's best offensive threat and he'll be less "assholish" at the next level.

Or he could turn into YNOTRIVERS.

So Giri, do we agree on hoping Lamb falls to us? My only slight concern is the reports about a supposed lack of motivation at times. Don't want to suffer the frustration Diaw used to cause me again.

h3ro

How do you guys feel about Chad Ford?

I feel like he's getting forced down our throats because ESPN is desparate to have a basketball Mel Kiper.

At least he's not Broussard.

Jonm1010

Banned
How do you guys feel about Chad Ford?

I feel like he's getting forced down our throats because ESPN is desparate to have a basketball Mel Kiper.

At least he's not Broussard.

Hasn't he been fairly right on with drafts and talent evaluation in the past? Which is why his old website got bought out or something?

If so he's certainly no Mel Kiper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom