• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPREME1

Banned
Yeah, it is hard for me to understand.

For one, what hurdles did other teams face that the Heat did not that gave the Heat such an edge? The only injury that really made an impact this playoff season was the Rose injury and, I guess, the Bosh injury. I'd still have put money on the Heat beating the Bulls, and the Thunder were at full strength when they got worked over by LBJ. I believe Dwight just quit.

Thunder's path to a chip:
Mavs
Lakers
San Antonio
Heat

Heat's path to a chip:
Knicks
Pacers
Celtics
Thunder

Heat had the much easier path to a chip. They were fresher, but they were also more experienced as individual players.

We need to just make a argue about Miami/LeBron thread so this thread won't get shit up with it.

It's like the Kobe/MJ bullshit from RealGM.

The truth is often times simple.

You spent a good amount of time making an ass of yourself yesterday... actually arguing that Dwight was trash and that you wouldn't want him on your team. That in itself is enough to prove that you are not a sensible man once you've decided to take a certain position. You even claimed he was skating by on his physical attributes, yet here you are a day later defending McGee... the epitome of getting by on physical attributes. I just find it extremely funny how you came to his defense like you're Capt. Save-A-Hoe.

I was only stooping down to the level you fucks make a living at.

And did I every say McGhee was a good player or something? He isn't the smartest player but he was also given a unfair shake playing in the worst situation in the NBA with the biggest group of knuckleheads and one of the worse coaches in the NBA. He's one of the most athletic bigs the league has seen, you should want to see that develop in to something some day and he actually has a chance now playing with Carl and that group in DEN.

Anyway, thats beside the point. Saying he is one of the worse defenders is disgustingly stupid hyperbolic drivel that I had to call that dude on. Like you said simple.

numble

Odom was the heart and literally the center of the FIBA World Championship team. He deserves to be on the Olympic Team.

SUPREME1

Banned
I was only stooping down to the level you fucks make a living at.

And did I every say McGhee was a good player or something? He isn't the smartest player but he was also given a unfair shake playing in the worst situation in the NBA with the biggest group of knuckleheads and one of the worse coaches in the NBA. He's one of the most athletic bigs the league has seen, you should want to see that develop in to something some day and he actually has a chance now playing with Carl and that group in DEN.

Anyway, thats beside the point. Saying he is one of the worse defenders is disgustingly stupid hyperbolic drivel that I had to call that dude on. Like you said simple.

...and yet you somehow managed to trash Dwight yesterday. The guy who is the league's most imposing defensive presence. Heh. Interesting.

You also best chill on the name calling fucker, or I'll drop dime on you like I was part of Heat-Age.

And Kobe was called out for it and will be until Kingdom Come. Just as LeBron shouldn't be let off the hook for CONTINUALLY not showing up. But as others have said, you defend McGee but say Dwight Howard isn't as good as DWade/Bosh. So yea.

Yeah but thats far from whats going on. This is what you said.

This was his first year of playoff domination.

This is bullshit and you know it. Newsflash, he didn't play amazing every single game this postseason(neither did any other of the GOATs). Difference is somebody else was able to actually step up.

SUPREME1

Banned
Odom was the heart and literally the center of the FIBA World Championship team. He deserves to be on the Olympic Team.

Yeah, I'm guessing people are staying away from him due to his state of mind this season. That and the fact that they want to let some of the younger guys have some of the spotlight (originally Blake, now Davis).

Yeah but thats far from whats going on. This is what you said.

This is bullshit and you know it. Newsflash, he didn't play amazing every single game this postseason(neither did any other of the GOATs). Difference is somebody else was able to actually step up.

Playoff domination includes the entire playoffs that he took part in. If his team was eliminated/swept in four games in the first round, he still could've dominated those games. This was the first time that he dominated the entire playoffs that he took part in.

...and yet you somehow managed to trash Dwight yesterday. The guy who is the league's most imposing defensive presence. Heh. Interesting.

You also best chill on the name calling fucker, or I'll drop dime on you like I was part of Heat-Age.

meme-badass-9.jpg

Heat had the much easier path to a chip. They were fresher, but they were also more experienced as individual players.

It's not even about that so much as it's about lockout seasons just being bad in general. We're talking about no summer league, training camp, accelerated season...these things affect health of players, preparation for younger ball clubs, quality of basketball...

I mean it's just a ton of reasons why a lockout season is inferior to a full season. And a byproduct of that is that rings won during lockout years are also inferior.

Don't even understand why I'm arguing this.

It's not going to matter if Bron keeps chipping but it's going to be brought up on the regular if its the only ring he ever gets.

It's not even about that so much as it's about lockout seasons just being bad in general. We're talking about no summer league, training camp, accelerated season...these things affect health of players, preparation for younger ball clubs, quality of basketball...

I mean it's just a ton of reasons why a lockout season is inferior to a full season. And a byproduct of that is that rings won during lockout years are also inferior.

It's not going to matter if Bron keeps chipping but it's going to be brought up on the regular if its the only ring he ever gets.

OKC, Heat and Spurs and all those team who made almost no changes to their squad had an advantage going in the season for sure. Though that doesn't discount what the Heat have done.

SUPREME1

Banned

Oh, I agree. You want to be a true champion, you gotta go through an entire season. How many teams are hot 60 games into a season and go cold during the last stretch? Always happens. Some teams coast and coem together at the very end.

82 game season + playoffs makes a legit champion.

If you mean inferior by being alot harder on the body and mentally challenging than a regular season than yeah. Its hell of a lot more inferior.

The 2012 Spurs had a ton of differences from the 2011 Spurs. Introduced Green, Kawhi, Diaw, gave Splitter more time, reintroduced Jax, control of the offense switched from Manu to Parker since Manu was out the first half of the year. Definitely not close to "no changes"

The 2012 Spurs had a ton of differences from the 2011 Spurs. Introduced Green, Kawhi, Diaw, gave Splitter more time, reintroduced Jax, control of the offense switched from Manu to Parker since Manu was out the first half of the year. Definitely not close to "no changes"

Ah! I guess I was wrong about the Spurs. They meshed so well that I seemed to have forgotten.

I wonder if that Spurs team could have beaten Miami last season.

Tell the Triple-Ls to stop posting crap. Every inane arguments has had their fingers all over it.

Wouldn't happen in NFL-GAF because LLLs get shut down fast there. Pretty much the same in MLB-GAF outside of 1-2 guys (and unfortunately he got perm'd later :[ )

Can we please stop

This isn't realgm levels here. This is ISH level vitriol.

Let's talk about summer league instead of Lebron-kobe-does-the-heat-chip-have-an-asterisk-or-is-javale-the-greatest-C-of-all-time

Robbie Hummel has been unremarkable.

Can we please stop

This isn't realgm levels here. This is ISH level vitriol.

Let's talk about summer league instead of Lebron-kobe-does-the-heat-chip-have-an-asterisk-or-is-javale-the-greatest-C-of-all-time

Robbie Hummel has been unremarkable.
real talk.

Have you read the last 15-20 pages?

This basically IS RealGM, just have a different logo up.

Choose to confuse.
Lie to get by.
Plan to strawman.
Troll for max vitrol.

Omega

Banned
I guess at this point it's impossible for Simmons to write articles without terrible gimmicks like "I just watched that show everyone was talking about, how can I tie that into an NBA article?"

I haven't read Simmons in about 2-3 years.

He had a good year or two around the time Mike Dunleavy became the coach of the Clippers.

mc emcee

Neo Member
Thunder's path to a chip:
Mavs 4-0
Lakers 4-1
San Antonio 4-2

Western confrence record 12-3
note they never loss at home

Heat's path to a chip:
Knicks 4-1
Pacers 4-2
Celtics 4-3

Eastern confrence record 12-6

How can anyone say that the heat had a easier path and were fresher

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
How can anyone say that the heat had a easier path and were fresher
something something knicks and pacers and a celtics team that got taken to 7 by the sixers

but this is thread has got so fucking stupid

thekad

Banned
The first time EviLore banned Best-Gaf I thought it was a sick joke but I'm starting to understand why. Guys are getting real personal and visceral up in here lately. Lets cool it down.

That's definitely not the reason the thread was locked :lol

This place has been plenty more personal; the reason it's shitty right now is because people get too easily trolled by shadowlllark.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The first time EviLore banned Best-Gaf I thought it was a sick joke but I'm starting to understand why. Guys are getting real personal and visceral up in here lately. Lets cool it down.

talk to the debate team captain and charsace then

also, its not why the thread got closed but fuck it. ynot

mc emcee

Neo Member
Fellas I completly agree that the east was no competition but lets not act like the thunder didn't steamroll thru the west and had fresher legs

Fellas I completly agree that the east was no competition but lets not act like the thunder didn't steamroll thru the west and had fresher legs

Just because one steamrolls doesn't mean it was less competition. Just means that the Okc were a better team against the West than the Heat were against the East on a consistent basis.

Who cares about what team had the easier path to the Finals? The Heat beat the Thunder and are therefore champions. The shortened season nonsense is just as retarded. Yeah, playing 16 more regular season games would have a HUGE impact on the playoffs. /sarcasm

Who cares about what team had the easier path to the Finals? The Heat beat the Thunder, and are therefore champions. The shortened season nonsense is just as retarded. Yeah, 16 more regular season games would have a HUGE impact on the playoffs. /sarcasm

Anything to discredit the Heat's 2nd championship amirite?

Who cares about what team had the easier path to the Finals? The Heat beat the Thunder and are therefore champions. The shortened season nonsense is just as retarded. Yeah, playing 16 more regular season games would have a HUGE impact on the playoffs. /sarcasm
Exactly, you could do this for every finals run...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom