• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, what?

McGee has no idea when or when not to contest shots and thus gives up a million easy putbacks to the guy he's defending. Faried is incredibly slow to react to dribble penetration. The Nuggets were pretty close to the worst defensive team in the NBA when those guys were in the game.

McGee has no idea when or when not to contest shots and thus gives up a million easy putbacks to the guy he's defending. Faried is incredibly slow to react to dribble penetration. The Nuggets were pretty close to the worst defensive team in the NBA when those guys were in the game.

Dude quit making shit up. Faried was one of the top rooks last year and Javale is one of the best shot blocking bigs in the game. Its okay to not like a player but when you say the hyperbolic shit you do it makes you sound like a bitter teenage girl...

abuC

Where are the stats that prove they are arguably the worst defensive frontcourt in the league?

You can't just make a statement like that and not have actual data to back it up.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Dude quit making shit up. Faried was one of the top rooks last year and Javale is one of the best shot blocking bigs in the game. Its okay to not like a player but when you say the hyperbolic shit you do it makes you sound like a bitter teenage girl...

Faried was a good rookie but it damn sure wasn't because of his defense and Javale is even dumber than Ibaka when it comes to racking up blocks while playing shit D

SUPREME1

Banned
If Vegas has Bulls 8-1 to chip, it wouldn't be LeBron for Boozer. It'd be Bosh for Boozer.

No Bosh, no chip for Miami. Bosh was like Gandolph in Return of the King. Bron kept looking from him to show up and save the day.

Faried was a good rookie but it damn sure wasn't because of his defense and Javale is even dumber than Ibaka when it comes to racking up blocks while playing shit D

It didn't say Faried was good on D. Im just wondering WTF this guy is talking about when he says he doesn't have a feel for the game. Faried ain't no slouch though, I've seen him block a Blake special head up at the Pepsi center. He can learn.

Oh and Javale isn't shit on D.

squicken

When I heard this a few years ago my keeper fantasy bball team has been called Blatches Poop Shoes.

I realize I'm very late to this news, but was it ever explained why he chose to poop in his shoe? It's such a bizarre "prank". I'm actually having trouble understanding how it would ever cross someone's mind to do that. That's why I always thought it was a joke b/c it was so absurd

JaValle blocks a lot of shots but he also gives up a shitton of points because he always goes for blocks.

Justr because you block a ton of shots doesn't make you a great defender. Faried is too hype at times too so he is often out of position as well.

Denver isn't exactly a defensive team anyway..they look to put points on your head and get you into a shootout that most teams can't keep up with.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WojYahooNBA
Shannon Brown has reached agreement with the Suns, agent Mark Bartelstein says.

KBergCBS
Shannon Brown's deal with Phoenix is $7 million for two years.

charsace

Faried and McGee are pretty close to the worst defenders at their position in the NBA. Neither has any feel for the game.

McGee I can understand, but you're wrong about Faried having a bad feel for the game. Yes, he's a mediocre defender, but Faried is one of those guys that is in a good spot a lot of times on both sides of the ball.

JaValle blocks a lot of shots but he also gives up a shitton of points because he always goes for blocks.

Justr because you block a ton of shots doesn't make you a great defender. Faried is too hype at times too so he is often out of position as well.

Denver isn't exactly a defensive team anyway..they look to put points on your head and get you into a shootout that most teams can't keep up with.

He also alters a shitton of shots, which is part of being a good defender. I never said he was great but he is far from being as bad as you say.

I don't know what a "click" is but no, i was not.

OFF/DEF per 48 are not the same as individual stats per 48 , either.

just admit when you are wrong dude

No its not that different at all. Extrapolation is extrapolation.

Anyway they also allow 4% FG% with him off the floor, slightly more EFG, and block less shots.

Something something ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom