• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

diehard

Fleer
LOL I clowned the Jazz before we even landed the Big 3. We still had more titles than you before that so....

Buh Bu But the refs amirite?

didn't you join GAF after the superfriends were formed?

and nobody gives a shit about your * title.

you can win the next 20, i'll still "clown" on your sorry ass franchise and terrible fans.

please, tell me, exactly what is it that makes you a Heat fan anyway?

didn't you join GAF after the superfriends were formed?

and nobody gives a shit about your * title.

you can win the next 20, i'll still "clown" on your sorry ass franchise and terrible fans.

please, tell me, exactly what is it that makes you a Heat fan anyway?

Born and raised in the gardens bitch.

And I did have a life before I joined GAF.

And yeah I figured you would come with the weak ass * shit.

And yeah I do root for a sorry ass franchise and we have terrible fans.

So what does that make the Jazz?

Pimpwerx

Born and raised in the gardens bitch.

And I did have a life before I joined GAF.

And yeah I figured you would come with the weak ass * shit.

And yeah I do root for a sorry ass franchise and we have terrible fans.

So what does that make the Jazz?

1 of 29 irrelevant teams, I assume. PEACE.

If the NBA brings in ads on jerseys I hope the Raptors do take up that My Little Pony suggestion. Might as well take it all the way, right?

Probably just end up with Ford or a bank though :(

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If the NBA brings in ads on jerseys I hope the Raptors do take up that My Little Pony suggestion. Might as well take it all the way, right?

Probably just end up with Ford or a bank though :(

Dammit if any team is going to get away with MLP on their jerseys its Orlando.

Basketball is Magic. I just came up with the new Magic team slogan for 2013.

Pimpwerx

LAS VEGAS – The Board of Governors on Thursday voted to expand the use of instant replay beginning this season and indicated that advertisements on jerseys, a revolutionary idea for the league, will be coming as soon as 2013-14.

The board – an owner from all 30 teams or someone on their behalf – approved replays on three fronts, without vote totals being released:

Referees will call “Flagrant” on the court and immediately use the courtside television screen to determine whether the foul was Flagrant 1, Flagrant 2 or actually a common foul. Previously, any changes were made following a review by the league office at least a day later.

Referees will use replays in the final two minutes of regulation and all overtime to verify block/charge fouls that involve whether a player is in the restricted area.

Referees will use replays in the final two minutes of regulation and all overtime to review goaltending calls. Non-calls will not be reviewed because that would require stopping play.

While no vote was taken on putting advertisements on jerseys for the first time, the discussion in the ballroom inside the Encore hotel on the Strip showed a strong preference to move forward, deputy commissioner Adam Silver said. The final decision will likely come in an e-mail vote in September and be implemented for 2013-14, giving teams the chance to line up sponsors and uniform makers the time to add the patch of 2 ½ inches-by-2 ½ inches just above the heart.

“My sense is that every team would do this in some form,” Silver said, indicating the mass support for the idea that has been years in coming, not to mention the mass support for the $100 million annually he estimates would be generated with the new revenue stream.
Also Thursday, commissioner David Stern said the sale of the Grizzlies from Michael Heisley to Robert Pera is proceeding and should be finalized in “the next couple months.”
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/07/19/33799/

I don't mind the change, I just hope it doesn't make the games tedious. I kinda wish there was a time limit on the review, but whatever. Refs need either a larger screen courtside, or they need better tools to zoom in and out. Some plays are just way too close to be viewed adequately on a 20" monitor, or whatever smallish screen they keep courtside. PEACE.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/07/19/33799/

I don't mind the change, I just hope it doesn't make the games tedious. I kinda wish there was a time limit on the review, but whatever. Refs need either a larger screen courtside, or they need better tools to zoom in and out. Some plays are just way too close to be viewed adequately on a 20" monitor, or whatever smallish screen they keep courtside. PEACE.

The flagrant change seems amazing. Should really help.

squicken

The flagrant change seems amazing. Should really help.

I was hoping for something on the flopping. After every game go over the tape and give guys points for flops. Accrue enough and suspensions occur. It's just gotten so bad. Can't believe they kicked it down the road

miamiheat6jamesadidasje.jpg

wpid51xksacbvrl.jpg

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Since I still haven't decided.... was it IMAX good? I know you've never been, but now that you've seen it do you think you would've shelled out the extra $$ to see it in IMAX?

I don't know how much of it was shot in IMAX, but there are some shots pretty big in scope that would definitely benefit. Think in the vein of the Hong Kong stuff in The Dark Knight.

diehard

Fleer
I would be pretty stoked if AK47 went to the Nets like he is thinking about, i think he got some of his swag back in russia.

its funny how only iamshadowdork or pimp alone can shit up a thread.
and its funny both are heat fans.
can we get a mod to clean up their act?
it really is deplorable.
Royce Young: Dwight Howard's agent insists he will enter free agency next summer. http://cbsprt.co/NDoJFa Here's why that is and is not news. about 49 minutes ago
so this deal is dead? or lakers supremely confident he'll resign with us if traded.

Shadow, really... fall the fuck back before Ace gives you the Pimpwerx treatment.

When an entire board is calling you out for being a complete tool, you need to take a look in the mirror.
Entire what? Wtf are you even talking about. Do I need to need to post the wack ass shit you all were saying last nIght or???

Maybe you and the clown posse should step back...

Why is Dwight waiting until the offseason to resign with his team news? Wasn't this always known? Doesn't he get a longer contract if he waits until then?

SUPREME1

Banned
Entire what? Wtf are you even talking about. Do I need to need to post the wack ass shit you all were saying last nIght or???

Maybe you and the clown posse should step back...

Okay, if that's how you wanna go about things.

Just remember I tried to warn you when you're on your mod-imposed vacation, fucker.

squicken

Why is Dwight waiting until the offseason to resign with his team news? Wasn't this always known? Doesn't he get a longer contract if he waits until then?

I think teams want a handshake deal from he and Bynum that they will re-sign next summer. Someone mentioned earlier that could be against the CBA rules

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I think teams want a handshake deal from he and Bynum that they will re-sign next summer. Someone mentioned earlier that could be against the CBA rules

It is against the CBA, there is no way at all to get a binding agreement of any sort to make this happen.

Which is why its so ridiculous for Dwight and his agent to take his stance. Just say you'll agree to do an extension and then change your mind later on once you're shipped out of town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom