• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

With Howard looking to sign with the Nets or a team that could win it all, no one with any valuable pieces can afford to gut their team just to acquire him. I think ORL has already received and turned down their best offer...

Dwight can't sign with the Nets.

Omega

Banned
Orlando knows they won't get anything of real value back.

Brook Lopez isn't worth having, neither is Metta World Peace or a bunch of forwards from Houston. The only way they benefit is if they get Jeremy Lamb, if not, there's no point. Those draft picks will be meaningless because any team with Dwight is instantly a playoff team and you can't rebuild with 20th and later picks.

Maybe they will just let him walk as a "fuck you" because he won't be able to sign with the Nets or Lakers since they don't have the cap space to do so.

Branduil

Orlando knows they won't get anything of real value back.

Brook Lopez isn't worth having, neither is Metta World Peace or a bunch of forwards from Houston. The only way they benefit is if they get Jeremy Lamb, if not, there's no point. Those draft picks will be meaningless because any team with Dwight is instantly a playoff team and you can't rebuild with 20nd and later picks.

Maybe they will just let him walk as a "fuck you" because he won't be able to sign with the Nets or Lakers since they don't have the cap space to do so.

Honestly he might resign with them if they take the chance. Can he really turn down the fifth guaranteed year when his back could be going bad?

Omega

Banned
Honestly he might resign with them if they take the chance. Can he really turn down the fifth guaranteed year when his back could be going bad?

Would they want keep him? He's made it pretty clear he wants nothing to do with that city.

In my opinion there's really no point in him staying. Orlando hates him and I don't see them forgiving him so easily.

This is true.

But why have not attempt to bring in quality players to compliment him? You can't just let a star player like him walk it's crazy!

It'll just be a Lebron situation again. They should've been working on building a solid team around him for a while, may as well just trade him for picks and cap relief and start the tank properly. Although I would like to see a GM with the balls to not trade him and make him give up that extra money if he walks.

So, I have no idea why the Jazz signed ***** ****, not seeing any point for him on this roster.

KG hasn't really been declining at all recently.

haha. He played no one out East. The moment Bosh returned, KG looked old again. 12 & 5 and 14 & 7 with 43% and 50% shooting.

KG exploited the fact that the other teams had no one 6'8 or above of any worth due to injuries and crap teams.

Last season KG shot the worst he has in 7 seasons by a significant margin. And his 2nd worst rebounding performance for a season this century for him (the 1st being the season after his knee injury).

confirmation bias is affecting you. KG was worse last season and he's only going to get worse. I don't mind his contract, mind you, because he's still a good player. But to think he didn't get worse and won't continue to do so is silly (he also looked very old at times).

edit: regarding Dwight staying, this could simply be Orlando trying to convince teams to up their offers. I don't think it will work.

Because they are stupid and desperate, and are more worried about how they will look and what PR to run than actually moving on and rebuilding their team.

The end. They still think they can convince him to stay.

Maybe. But they're planning on trading him, the deals won't really get sweeter. The leverage shifts after a while.

regarding Dwight staying, this could simply be Orlando trying to convince teams to up their offers. I don't think it will work.

Neither do I, I just think it's funny to watch Orlando basically between a rock and hard place.

shira

It'll just be a Lebron situation again. They should've been working on building a solid team around him for a while, may as well just trade him for picks and cap relief and start the tank properly. Although I would like to see a GM with the balls to not trade him and make him give up that extra money if he walks.
The idea was give him lots of 3 point shooters. Spread the floor,

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
die-hard.jpg

fp_spo16.jpg
lol nba noob

last year was the first that dj didn't make rose look stupid

ask defunct-bulls-age

Mamba, the Cz have shown us twice now that their regular season performances mean nothing because they always turn it up in the postseason. Half this board had them losing to the Hawks in the first round. And I doubt KG's numbers in the last 2 games had much to do with Bosh's defense, he destroyed Bosh in their last regular season meeting.

If they stay healthy (a big if), they are a solid #2 in the conference.

haha. He played no one out East. The moment Bosh returned, KG looked old again. 12 & 5 and 14 & 7 with 43% and 50% shooting.

KG exploited the fact that the other teams had no one 6'8 or above of any worth due to injuries and crap teams.

Last season KG shot the worst he has in 7 seasons by a significant margin. And his 2nd worst rebounding performance for a season this century for him (the 1st being the season after his knee injury).

confirmation bias is affecting you. KG was worse last season and he's only going to get worse. I don't mind his contract, mind you, because he's still a good player. But to think he didn't get worse and won't continue to do so is silly (he also looked very old at times)

Do you know who also shot worse last season? The entire NBA because it was a lockout season. If I wanted to use stats that are biased by the lockout, I could argue that KG anchored the greatest defense in the no handchecking era based on their DRtg, but that would be stupid because all teams were better defensively because the league was worse offensively.

I don't think this Boston team is good, I think they got super lucky that Horford, Rose, Noah, and Bosh all got injured or they would have been a first or second round exit. They're a completely terrible offensive team as well and not really a threat in the East, but this is a bad argument for why.

Mamba, the Cz have shown us twice now that their regular season performances mean nothing because they always turn it up in the postseason. Half this board had them losing to the Hawks in the first round. And I doubt KG's numbers in the last 2 games had much to do with Bosh's defense, he destroyed Bosh in their last regular season meeting.

If they stay healthy (a big if), they are a solid #2 in the conference.

He didn't really destroy Bosh in that game. He was just hitting all his jumpers and fadeaways no matter what

SamuraiX-

Yay! GAF is back!

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Knicks continue to build backcourt, agreeing 2 terms with ex-Bull Ronnie Brewer on one-year deal, per source. Check the Hang Time Bkog soon.

Quality pick up.

Wonder how much the deal is worth.

He was getting ~$4-5M/yr on the Bulls, so I assume it's around that.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Ronnie Brewer is basically perfect for the Knicks. He doesn't want to shoot and they have enough players that demand shots. He's an amazing defender (IMO the Bulls top perimeter defender the past 2 seasons) and doesn't make any mistakes. NY will love him.

I'll miss our Bench Mob and their amazing Defense. Watson, Brewer, Deng, Gibson, Asik lineup was almost impossible to score on.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
James Johnson will wear #52 to honor former Kings great B-Rad Miller. The two became friends in Chicago and share a love of ‘outdoors’

Amazing.

Do you know who also shot worse last season? The entire NBA because it was a lockout season. If I wanted to use stats that are biased by the lockout, I could argue that KG anchored the greatest defense in the no handchecking era based on their DRtg, but that would be stupid because all teams were better defensively because the league was worse offensively.

Yeah, and mostly because of increased minutes for crappier players, not because the already good players all played a lot worse. If you look at the top 50 players in the NBA, they averaged to produce the same as the previous year.

KG is declining. You addressed shooting percentage and ignored rebounding. That shouldn't be lockout affected, either.

The moment Bosh came back he went back to being the KG we saw the 1st half of the season. The one people argued was done.

I don't think this Boston team is good, I think they got super lucky that Horford, Rose, Noah, and Bosh all got injured or they would have been a first or second round exit. They're a completely terrible offensive team as well and not really a threat in the East, but this is a bad argument for why.

I didn't argue Boston's offense sucks because of KG at all. Where did you get that from. I argued their offensive rebounding kills their team's offense.

I said their gains by acquisitions will be offset by Pierce and KG's continual decline. Those two are going to get worse every season from here on out (really, this has been true for at least 2 seasons now).

Getting worse does not mean bad. KG at 75% of his 2008 self is still better than most of the league. But it's still worse. And a team like Boston isn't getting better without a bigger splash.

If this was 2008 KG, Boston would have beaten the Heat. But it wasn't. He isn't close to that anymore which was elite. Now he's just good.

Asik is Official!

Lin / Douglas
Martin / Lamb
Parsons / White
Patterson / Jones
Asik / Donuts

Looks good enough for a top 8 seed!
In the Draft!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom