• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/32931/fauxlusive-lebrons-email-hacked

grant_lebroninbox2_576.jpg

The Stephen Jackson email is the best.

Shurs

That's not possible because New Orleans renounced Landry. Zgoda is terrible.

Then I have no idea.

I don't see anyone on the Hornets roster who is worth a 1st Round pick and it's doubtful that Phoenix is giving up anyone else if they're already giving up Lopez and Warrick.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WojYahooNBA
At least part of package back to Minny would include Brad Miller (his contract), Jerome Dyson and draft picks, sources say.

Better than nothing?

Pimpwerx

Marc is hurt
Sergio is hurt
Navarro is coming from foot injury
Rudy is coming from back surgery
Ricky is out

So 4 out of our starting 5 are not in proper shape or injured out of the tournament, against the US that aint gonna cut it.

The non NBA guys are role players and have a deer in headlights look, but theyre capable of doing more (Sada, San Emeterio)

Im not making excuses, but with everyone healthy well be a lot more competitive.

The US is more injured than Spain. Missing Dwight, Wade, Bosh and Blake. If we had our full roster, there wouldn't even be a chance, with or without a full Spanish roster. PEACE.

My condolences, Rodeo.

I thought the same would be happening with us given that VDN is basically playing the GM, but luckily our offseason hasn't been half-bad.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
The US is more injured than Spain. Missing Dwight, Wade, Bosh and Blake. If we had our full roster, there wouldn't even be a chance, with or without a full Spanish roster. PEACE.

Might want to spend less time typing PEACE and more time actually reading what I said, dumbass.

I wasnt comparing make believe rosters, I was comparing the ACTIVE ROSTERS.

LOL giri

So the Wolves give up Johnson and a 1st for nothing?

You're laughing at the wrong team. I will HAPPILY take Wes' 4 mil to get rid of Warrick early alone, but we get their first rounder too? Fuck yeah! I think Minny will be a good young team this year but they could just as easily miss the playoffs, especially if Rubio doesn't stay healthy. Would be awesome to stack on another lottery pick. I'd prefer to keep RoLo on the cheap but he's not worth a bidding war.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
uh, minny can't trade back for Miller I thought by rules.

I think this is true. Until the final deal is known, it's whatever.

Another strike again Kahn's talent evaluation, though. Flynn and Johnson both taken with high lottery picks and unloaded after 2 seasons. Plus his guys Lazar and Ellington. And all the guys he traded for (Randolph, Webster) all gone.

Pimpwerx

Might want to spend less time typing PEACE and more time actually reading what I said, dumbass.

I wasnt comparing make believe rosters, I was comparing the ACTIVE ROSTERS.

Your argument is stupid, period. If you want to talk about injuries, then consider all injuries. If you want to create some weird, partitioned argument about injuries, then go for it...it's not gonna make anymore sense. The reason the active US roster is the way it is is due to injuries. Point being, neither team is fielding a full roster right now, so searching for excuses for why your boys got that ass spanked is pretty pointless. PEACE.

Rodeo Clown

They could have just declined the 4th year option on Wes and have his expiring contract.

I think potential is the operative word in "potential signing or deal" because they never do anything with the cap space. Win now, bitch, forget cap space. All I've heard about for years is cap space and windows of opportunity.

SUPREME1

Banned

Several years back I worked along side an older Filipino dude (late 50s at the time) who would tell me how he was once a pretty famous basketball player in the Philippines. His knees were bad when I met him and he walked a little slow, but he would tell me stories about how he would go to various parks in L.A. and would absolutely school the dudes on their own court. He said he wasn't fast at that point anymore but that hit was all a skill and mental game.

I thought he was bullshitting, until I started asking Filipinos I'd come across if they'd ever heard of Horacio "Ace" Moreno (RIP buddy). I was surpried when people replied that yeah they remembered him and said he played in the Filipino league(s) some time in the early 80s.

The thing with this dude is that for an older dude, he was a real ladies man. He had a megawatt smile and had women blowing up his work phone all day everyday. They'd take him out to lunch all the time and would buy him expensive clothing and jewelry. He was a handsome dude and he milked it. Most of the women were themselves Filipino and were always pretty. Dude had great taste.

Rest in Peace playa.

Edit: All I can find online is:

Horacio Moreno, G/F, 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m), 176 lb (80 kg), September 26, 1952

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Your argument is stupid, period. If you want to talk about injuries, then consider all injuries. If you want to create some weird, partitioned argument about injuries, then go for it...it's not gonna make anymore sense. The reason the active US roster is the way it is is due to injuries. Point being, neither team is fielding a full roster right now, so searching for excuses for why your boys got that ass spanked is pretty pointless. PEACE.

Your injured all starts were replaced by other all stars. My injured players were not replaced at all, they started the goddamn game.

Its not that complicated.

Several years back I worked along side an older Filipino dude (late 50s at the time) who would tell me how he was once a pretty famous basketball player in the Philippines. His knees were bad when I met him and he walked a little slow, but he would tell me stories about how he would go to various parks in L.A. and would absolutely school the dudes on their own court. He said he wasn't fast at that point anymore but that hit was all a skill and mental game.

I thought he was bullshitting, until I started asking Filipinos I'd come across if they'd ever heard of Horacio "Ace" Moreno (RIP buddy). I was surpried when people replied that yeah they remembered him and said he played in the Filipino league(s) some time in the early 80s.

The thing with this dude is that for an older dude, he was a real ladies man. He had a megawatt smile and had women blowing up his work phone all day everyday. They'd take him out to lunch all the time and would buy him expensive clothing and jewelry. He was a handsome dude and he milked it. Most of the women were themselves Filipino and were always pretty. Dude had great taste.

Rest in Peace playa.

Edit: All I can find online is:

Horacio Moreno, G/F, 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m), 176 lb (80 kg), September 26, 1952
My friend's uncle was called the MJ of the Filipino league. He retired in the last 90's. I guess he is really famous over there.

pilonv1

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Several league executives believe Minnesota is pursuing free agent Andrei Kirilenko. He's no longer considering Brooklyn, sources say.

Kahn wants to out-Morey Morey

Pkaz01

WojYahooNBA
Along with Lopez, Suns would send Hakim Warrick to Hornets. Minny would send Wesley Johnson and a 1st round pick to the Suns, sources say.
lool so suns get rid of warricks contract get a first and wes and they dont overpay rolo? damn babby why u doin em like that

Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro
Warrick could go to MIN in a 3-way Lopez deal. I mistakenly mentioned 2013 cap space but Warrick & Johnson both have 2013 team options.

Warrick is more or as expensive as Johnson, basically. IMO, this is about unloading Williams for a wing player at some point and Warrick will be the backup for Love.

Rodeo Clown

Warrick is more or as expensive as Johnson, basically. IMO, this is about unloading Williams for a wing player at some point and Warrick will be the backup for Love.

But Warrick is terrible. Worse than Cunningham, who the Wolves acquired today. At best, it's unnecessary. You don't give up assets like picks for Hakim fucking Warrick.

But Warrick is terrible. Worse than Cunningham, who the Wolves acquired today. At best, it's unnecessary. You don't give up assets like picks for Hakim fucking Warrick.

He backs up Pek. Plus, with a team option, no commitment going forward if he doesn't play well.

This move makes no sense unless Williams is going to be traded this season, though.

Pkaz01

since the trade isnt complete i can see the suns throwing in the laker picks not that it makes much of a difference

Mxrz

Any official word come down on the whole Brian Shaw interview thing? Hard to imagine him being turned away after all the hype. Last I saw was Shaq trolling.

What I saw of Nicholson looked pretty good. But it might've been nice to pick up a guard. Jameer/Redick/J-Rich/Duhon future is depressing.

Flipping hell. Just watched the First take clip. SAS pulling the race card on Hennigan. Really? Good grief. This past year, Skip has been the closest thing ot a sane person on ESPN. Maybe he hates on LeBron too much, but so does the rest of the world. Blargh.

Any official word come down on the whole Brian Shaw interview thing? Hard to imagine him being turned away after all the hype. Last I saw was Shaq trolling.

What I saw of Nicholson looked pretty good. But it might've been nice to pick up a guard. Jameer/Redick/J-Rich/Duhon future is depressing.

Flipping hell. Just watched the First take clip. SAS pulling the race card on Hennigan. Really? Good grief. This past year, Skip has been the closest thing ot a sane person on ESPN. Maybe he hates on LeBron too much, but so does the rest of the world. Blargh.

Shaw pulled out well over a week ago.

The Mavs are going to have one of the best defensive backcourts in the NBA.

Their defense was perimeter oriented last season, too. Problem was a lack of scoring outside of Terry (who was their whole on D out there).

Dallas has way too many guards that can play.

Collison
Carter
West
Roddy
Jones
Mayo

Someone is getting moved. Probably Roddy, possibly Carter too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom