• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/32931/fauxlusive-lebrons-email-hacked

grant_lebroninbox2_576.jpg

This is fucking gold, I'm dying here.

Vyer

The story was picked up in the U.S. press, and it gave us an opportunity to crack jokes about Rodman's father because he has fathered 29 kids by 16 mothers and his name is Philander and he runs a restaurant in Angeles City called Rodman's Rainbow Obamaburger and he wears a red hat that says YES DENNIS RODMAN IS MY "SON." He's definitely a character, but I think Dennis Rodman was right when he wrote, in I Should Be Dead by Now, "People tell me he's living in the Philippines and reportedly brags about having a couple of dozen children. What an asshole."

wat

shira

Might want to spend less time typing PEACE and more time actually reading what I said, dumbass.

I wasnt comparing make believe rosters, I was comparing the ACTIVE ROSTERS.
I wonder if he types it in or has it on paste all the time.

I'm hoping Spain was playing coy and saving their agame for the finals.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Olajuwon helping out Stoudemire ugh *vomits*

Nice amount of money for Dream.

Can dream teach Asik how to catch the ball for free!? :(

Omega

Banned
The Knicks may have new jerseys next year, as hinted by the new t-shirts:

Black accents on the side of jerseys are rumored to be gone too.
(woohoo!)

Is this for real?

I don't even care if we go 0-82, this season is a victory if those are gone.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
That kirilenko signing could cripple the wolves and end up costing us rubio, pekovic, AND Love.

Because it's going to make upgrading our 2/3 spots that much more difficult, and that's where we need to add depth over the next couple years.

I hope it fails

Here is the official list of tax paying teams, and their amounts paid, in the 2011/12 NBA season.

Los Angeles Lakers: $12,557,264.
Boston Celtics: $7,365,867.
Miami Heat: $6,129,340.
Dallas Mavericks: $2,738,843.
San Antonio Spurs: $2,514,275.
Atlanta Hawks: $666,199.

Total: $31,971,788

By opting to keep Jerry Stackhouse for the full year, then, Atlanta paid the price.

It is of note that that is the smallest amount of league-wide tax paid in any season since its inception, and by quite a long way. The previous lowest was the $55,564,006 paid in 2006-07. And in that season, $45,142,002 of that bill was New York's.

lol hawks so dumb.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Blackace

Love is so dope on the boards. Hopefully he keeps getting more time.

And I still say Davis could contribute behind Chandler at the 5.

He is like the odd love child of Dennis Rodman and Sam Perkins

That kirilenko signing could cripple the wolves and end up costing us rubio, pekovic, AND Love.

Because it's going to make upgrading our 2/3 spots that much more difficult, and that's where we need to add depth over the next couple years.

I hope it fails

I don't see how. AK's contract would expire before Rubio needs to get paid, there aren't that many good wings in next year's free agency, and the team can still trade Derrick Williams for a wing player.

Blackace

2 years 18 million of anybody in the league is better than Joe Johnson.

Joe Johnson is a really damn good basketball player.. You are pretty much only looking at his contract and not the fact that he is a very productive and dangerous player who will be even better next year playing with Williams..

Yeah he is overpaid, but he good player in a weak position in the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom