• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Man

Argentina looked like ass sans Manu and DAT Scola

Everybody on France looked like they were playing for something.

Good game...better than I expected. Back and forth.

4.5 stars

charsace

You know nothing about his work ethic or what happens if he bulks up so quickly.
So easy to mess up your back or lose mobility/vertical with weight gain.
Dwight Howard was a freak dunking on 12" rims. I don't think Davis is that kind of guy.

Kobe should sign it
Anthony Davis is an elite athlete and from all reports the kid has a great work ethic. Before the growth spurt he was a 3 star guard recruit. He had to have worked hard to become the top recruit in his class after his growth spurt. And he was thinner in HS compared to how he is now and he's actually improved athletically.

LEBRON-DURANT-STAR.gif

Awkward.

CJ Miles really doesn't do anything the Lakers need. I guess he's alright on defense and can run and jump so maybe he'll be good for them.

edit: Don't expect more than 34% from three, Laker fans...

He'll be on the Anthony Randolph workout routine. 20 lbs of muscle every summer!

Davis has put on 14 pounds of muscle over the last year.

chizmiz

Banned
Everybody on France looked like they were playing for something.

It's true, but the rotation is fucked due to the staff's sense of hierarchy. Our veterans suck: Diaw and Turiaf should be benched for Séraphin and Florent Pietrus, or at least played much less.

CJ Miles really doesn't do anything the Lakers need. I guess he's alright on defense and can run and jump so maybe he'll be good for them.

Lakers bench desperately needed some defense. Better than getting Meeks imo. Meeks would just chuck and play shit D. Lakers already got Jamison for that.

If Nash is intent on running Nash/Miles/Ebanks/McRoberts/ Hill could be interesting.

jobber

It's true, but the rotation is fucked due to the staff's sense of hierarchy. Our veterans suck: Diaw and Turiaf should be benched for Séraphin and Florent Pietrus, or at least played much less.

with Parker playing so bad, I have to give props to France's bench for stepping up.

Jonm1010

Banned

Davis has put on 14 pounds of muscle over the last year.

Did not know that about Davis, but it makes sense. If he continue that for a couple years then and maintain most of his athleticism he will be a freak.

......now we just need one more good tank to nab a nice up and coming center to pair with him.

charsace

Did not know that about Davis, but it makes sense. If he continue that for a couple years then and maintain most of his athleticism he will be a freak.

......now we just need one more good tank to nab a nice up and coming center to pair with him.

He looks like a better athlete to me compared to what he was in the Micky D's HS game. I thought he would be a good player at best, but watching how he physically developed at Kentucky changed my opinion of him. In 2 to 3 years he can be the best big in the league.

SUPREME1

Banned

He does a little of everything, which is what the Lakers need from a backup 2-guard:

- Can hit an open three (34% is more than what the Lakers have come to expect off the bench)

- somewhat create his own shot

- Slash/Finish at the rim

- Solid defense

Yeah, he does none of the things above especially well, but he's competent at them. That's huge, lmao. Lakers have had shit pieces on the bench for so long.

jobber

NBC Olympic Basketball channel has some epic music between games. Why can't the NBA have nice things like this :(

thekad

Banned
Glad Valanciunas is looking ordinary. Maybe we can flip our pick and the Toronto pick for Jerry Stackhouse 2.0 come draft time.

Lin
Lamb
Shabazz
Donuts
Asik

all I do is tank

I think he'll be a center. Guys like Chandler or even David Robinson were thinner than he was at this age.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Glad Valanciunas is looking ordinary. Maybe we can flip our pick and the Toronto pick for Jerry Stackhouse 2.0 come draft time.

Lin
Lamb
Shabazz
Donuts
Asik

all I do is tank

you aint about that life thekad

you'll fold before the all-star break

shira

and neither do you so lolz lets make a dumb argument about it

fact is he can't survive with his frame the way it is now. whether he turns into a workout machine or not doesn't matter - he'll add muscle just by showing up his job on time. Its like comparing Tyrus and LMA. Both were far from being NBA ready because of their frames. One put in the work and turned into a tank while maintaining the mobility that makes him the most underrated defender in the league and the other well... he doesn't come to camp out of shape or anything but he's an NBA body by surviving alone.
We'll see what happens. But adding 40lbs of muscle over 2 years is a pipe dream.
He's nowhere near guaranteed being the next Howard.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
soul playa wins again.
he finally gets pau and cj miles on the same team.
Miles will help shore up the bench defensively, which is really needed. They won't need him to do much, and while his shooting isn't great, he is athletic, and he can get to the basket with some effort.

It feels great being a fan of a team that actively addresses their needs. The team just needs to stay healthy, so hopefully, Brown will actually come up with a competent rotation strategy this offseason to make up for last year.

I thought CJ Miles was considered a pretty horrible defender?
He isn't great, but in the right situations (bench play), he'll be fine.

After a whole day of ball, some thoughts:

I wanted GB to get that upset over Brazil. Luol was straight ballin towards the end. Nigeria vs. Lithuania was painful to watch, the Nigerians literally have zero perimeter game. They made three or four jumpshots in the entire game.

The Aussies tried to put up a fight against Spain, but their work ethic on the defensive end was awful. They would see a man open at the top of the arc, then run half heartedly at him, not even getting a hand up. elementary school shit.
Spain not as strong as they were in Beijing, Ricky Rubio was that extra punch that's sorely missing.

France getting it in on Argentina was hilarity.

USA was embarrassing through the first quarter, Kobe and Chris Paul were awful.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Gimmicks like this are usually a red flag that they haven't done anything else but updated the roster.

Yeah its a given with it basically being the last year of this console generation. Pretty much every sports game is mailing it in, Madden looks like it might be the only exception (and thats probably marketing shit I am inexplicably buying into).

It's also amazing that they wont have 2K13 on launch for the Wii U. Seems pretty crazy but I guess they know what they're doing.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yeah its a given with it basically being the last year of this console generation. Pretty much every sports game is mailing it in, Madden looks like it might be the only exception (and thats probably marketing shit I am inexplicably buying into).

It's also amazing that they wont have 2K13 on launch for the Wii U. Seems pretty crazy but I guess they know what they're doing.
Even if Wii U sells great for a launch, will that be enough to justify a port?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
marathoning casshern is the worst decision of my life

i'm all of wrists to slit

fuck earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom