• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It's nice to see Knicks fans optimistic about their team year after year, I honestly don't get it but its nice to see. I wonder if theres ever a tipping point for a fanbase that hasn't gotten past the first round in more than 10 years.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Are you a Knicks fan or a miserable Orlando Magic one?

Magic fan. It's not really miserable, there are no expectations this year, we are gonna be Bobcats bad.

I wasn't being sarcastic though, the Knicks have been one of the worst franchises in the NBA for the past decade and yet their fans keep believing that the following year things will get better - even when they don't. Like I expected more Knicks fans to jump ship to the Nets, but they didn't.

Magic fan. It's not really miserable, there are no expectations this year, we are gonna be Bobcats bad.

I wasn't being sarcastic though, the Knicks have been one of the worst franchises in the NBA for the past decade and yet their fans keep believing that the following year things will get better - even when they don't. Like I expected more Knicks fans to jump ship to the Nets, but they didn't.
I support my team, through the downs and downs.

Jump ship to a historically worse run franchise? WTF?

see it's hit like this where I have to ask you to take a step back and legitimately ask yourself this: Are you an NBA fan (watch games from every team) or just a Magic fan? Because I watched all local ball in the 90s, and outside of a few years the Nets were moribund. Like you have to use SAT words or some shit to describe them.

Chris Gatling. Yinka Dare. Chris Morris. The O'Bannon bros. Dwayne Schintzius. Shawn Bradley. Lloyd "I was a playground legend" Daniels.

Now Kendall Gill and Armen "THE HAMMER" Gillam were nice.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jump ship to a historically worse run franchise? WTF?

Well for all intents and purposes they're pretty much a new franchise, they've done a great job running away from their past (even the good times) and disassociating themselves from having anything to do with New Jersey. They also have a brand new arena and spent a shitload on building a team that should be pretty good this year.

see it's hit like this where I have to ask you to take a step back and legitimately ask yourself this: Are you an NBA fan (watch games from every team) or just a Magic fan? Because I watched all local ball in the 90s, and outside of a few years the Nets were moribund. Like you have to use SAT words or some shit to describe them.

Chris Gatling. Yinka Dare. Chris Morris. The O'Bannon bros. Dwayne Schintzius. Shawn Bradley. That dude who was a playground legend who started at G for them.

Now Kendall Gill and Armen "THE HAMMER" Gillam were nice.

You're forgetting the Big 3 of Kidd, Carter and Jefferson! They had some good years in the early 00s. Reminds me though how much shit Keith Van Horn used to take even though he wasn't nearly that horrible.

I'm almost as sick of the Knicks fans hate as much as the Knicks fans overconfidence not only here on Best-Gaf but IRL. True fandom in the face of shit tastic management even if some of them can be annoying douchebags

charsace

I'm almost as sick of the Knicks fans hate as much as the Knicks fans overconfidence not only here on Best-Gaf but IRL.

We're overconfident because we think the Knicks can make the playoffs after making the playoffs the last 2 years? We got two Olympic team members I would hope we have a good enough team to make the playoffs. Oh, wait, that's being overconfident.

Dickhead.

I'm almost as sick of the Knicks fans hate as much as the Knicks fans overconfidence not only here on Best-Gaf but IRL.
Here's the thing: WHERE'S THE OVERCONFIDENCE???? Where's the pages of WE ALREADY WON posts? Real Talk: Heat and Laker-GAF have that arrogant shit on lockdown. C'mon Heat-GAF, over the last 2 years you know that was the case. Maybe not now that LeBron "chipped", but I'll have to evaluate it when the season starts.

Saying the Knicks might have a shot at #4 seed but will probably get #6 seed is overconfidence? In the East? Really now?

EDIT: Ok see ywhat you did NBA-GAF? All those years of beating down chars... you know if the Knicks have the smallest semblance of playoff success he's going to embrace the hate now. Goddamit.

Fox318

I'm almost as sick of the Knicks fans hate as much as the Knicks fans overconfidence not only here on Best-Gaf but IRL. True fandom in the face of shit tastic management even if some of them can be annoying douchebags

If Novak can create a shot the Knicks have a chance to pull something good.

But if they resigned lin...
CY7W2.jpg

Well for all intents and purposes they're pretty much a new franchise, they've done a great job running away from their past (even the good times) and disassociating themselves from having anything to do with New Jersey. They also have a brand new arena and spent a shitload on building a team that should be pretty good this year.

You're forgetting the Big 3 of Kidd, Carter and Jefferson! They had some good years in the early 00s. Reminds me though how much shit Keith Van Horn used to take even though he wasn't nearly that horrible.

The Marlins spent a bunch of money on a new stadium and players. They moved to Miami and changed their colors and essentially became a new franchise so to speak, but guess what? They're still the same shitty ass Marlins.

The Marlins spent a bunch of money on a new stadium and players. They moved to Miami and changed their colors and essentially became a new franchise so to speak, but guess what? They're still the same shitty ass Marlins.

Miami/Florida don't give a fuck about baseball.

I hear Brooklyn is pretty fond of basketball.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Technically they were always in Miami.

Also the Marlins have won 2 titles in like the last 15 years. Most fanbases would kill for that.

But yeah the Nets were ass last year. Hard to improve that much in one season, Joe Johnson aint Lebron.

Technically they were always in Miami.

Also the Marlins have won 2 titles in like the last 15 years. Most fanbases would kill for that.

But yeah the Nets were ass last year. Hard to improve that much in one season, Joe Johnson aint Lebron.

The Nets have always been ass. Like, what part of that you don't get? The Brooklyn Nets will never be as popular as The Knicks.

Kidd, Carter and Jefferson! They had some good years in the early 00s. Reminds me though how much shit Keith Van Horn used to take even though he wasn't nearly that horrible.
I loved watching Jayson Williams and Keith Van Horn, they complemented each other so well. Plus the stories JWill would tell were so hilarious, like the time Nets were beating Chicago.

"Final seconds of the game, we're winning by 1 over the Bulls but we didn't know we were 1 man short on the court. I'm on the sidelines pumped up and then David Benoit says something. Now he's from the South and you know all those brothers talk real slow, so he's like 'Jayy, thereeeee'sss onnlyyyyyy foooooooouuurrr peeeeeeeopllllleeeeeeeeee oouttttt thhhhheeerree'

I'm like ''What the Hell you talking about man? So he goes again 'Thhereeeeeeee onnnlyyyyyyyyyyy foooourrrr outtttt therrrrrreee broooooooooooothhhhhhhhaaa'. I'm trying to figure out what he said and suddenly Ronnie Brown inbounds the ball and Bulls dunk and get fouled to take the lead! I'm trying to figure out what the Hell is going on and then David Benoit is like 'Thhhattt's whhattt I was tryyin' to telllllll youuuuu brothhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa FOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUURR PEEOPLLLLLLEEEEEEE'"

I remember watching that game and I couldn't believe they lost in that manner. They played their asses off vs. the Jordan/Pippen Bulls and to lose in that manner.
Knicks-age overconfidence was beaten to a pulp last year and then diced up and snorted this year. They're just trying to learn to love again.
Poor sweet deluded fool. Talking in non-statements and dancing in metaphors will get you nowhere.
The Nets have always been ass. Like, what part of that you don't get? The Brooklyn Nets will never be as popular as The Knicks.
Why do you always show up to torpedo Knicks-GAF arguments? Seriously dude, we're not arguing popularity.

Knicks will remain popular despite being shit because new york loves basketball.

Nets won't become popular despite being better run, making better decisions, having a better team and New york loving basketball?

They may not be as popular but they'll be fine and could very well be better for a while. They only have to hit .500 to have a better franchise record.

Knicks will remain popular despite being shit because new york loves basketball.

Nets won't become popular despite being better run, making better decisions, having a better team and New york loving basketball?

They may not be as popular but they'll be fine and could very well be better for a while. They only have to hit .500 to have a better franchise record.

They won't. Remember that little run The Jets had? They still were second to The Giants and always will be.

If the Knicks were shit the last 2 years the Nets have been nuclear waste.

Yes MorisUkunRasik, half-truths, shitty facts and bias is part of your game.

FEED ME MORE.

They won't. Remember that little run The Jets had? They still were second to The Giants and always will be.

Giants also had tons more success than The Jets. Jets won a superbowl back 68 and were in the playoffs 4 times in the last decade during "that little run" while the Giants were in the playoffs 5 times and won it all twice. Not a very good comparison to the last 10 years of knicks and last 10 years of nets, both have been bad and nets have a brighter future.

How bad off will The New York Nets be when Knicks are still running in place while the new franchise is winning more games and improving year after year.

Giants also had tons more success than The Jets. Jets won a superbowl back 68 and were in the playoffs 4 times in the last decade during "that little run" while the Giants were in the playoffs 5 times and won it all twice. Not a very good comparison to the last 10 years of knicks and last 10 years of nets, both have been bad and nets have a brighter future.

How bad off will The New York Nets-
OHDAMNLOL.gif

Omega

Banned

Yes, because that's going to happen anytime soon..

They're almost 500 games under .500 while we're only 25 under.

Now I could bring up the situation in the Staples Center, but that would be deflecting. It's always better to stay on topic and point out there errs in your argument.

This started about overconfidence, and then people jumped in. This is not about popularity, it's about how teams are being run. Knicks fans know Dolan is and idiot; nmo one debates that. But Wals and now Grunwald have made solid acquisitions/drafts since then. It's not like Mikhali/Billy King has been hitting them out of the ballpark over the last 2 years. Crappy drafts (Boone? Williams?), weird signings (Outlaw? Vujacic? Farmer was ok I guess), and then the recent deals... maxing Crook Mopez? Deron forcing them to trade for Joe Johnson?

Now I could bring up the situation in the Staples Center, but that would be deflecting. It's always better to stay on topic and point out there errs in your argument.

This started about overconfidence, and then people jumped in. This is not about popularity, it's about how teams are being run. Knicks fans know Dolan is and idiot, but it's not like Mikhali has been hitting them out of the ballpark. And then the recent deals... maxing Crook Mopez? Deron forcing them to trade for Joe Johnson?

Dominican Power brought up popularity, I was just responding.

Despite Brooklyn's questionable moves, they're still a better built ball team, which is what really matters.

Edit:as for Lakers/Clips v Nets/Knicks, not really the same. Lakers have a strong history and recent streak of winning.

This is more like the Jersey Clippers moved down the street from New York Clippers.

Omega

Banned
Dominican Power brought up popularity, I was just responding.

Despite Brooklyn's questionable moves, they're still a better built ball team, which is what really matters.

How? They were awful last season.

It blows my fucking mind how a team that can't even win 25 games is somehow better than us because they got Joe Johnson.

and you've all been laughing this whole offseason because of the supposed Brook Lopez for Dwight trade so don't act like he's going to make a difference. He didn't do much for them the year before when they still couldn't win 25 games.

Ok, then this whole page of "discussion" means nothing. Brooklyn is a better built ball team.

Blackace, can you delete the last 35-40 posts? Nothing to see here.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Figures a Yankees fan would trot out the "but we will be forever more popular!" line.

It blows my fucking mind how a team that can't even win 25 games is somehow better than us because they got Joe Johnson.

and you've all been laughing this whole offseason because of the supposed Brook Lopez for Dwight trade so don't act like he's going to make a difference. He didn't do much for them the year before when they still couldn't win 25 games.

Joe Johnson isn't shitty, just over paid. Playing off the ball with Deron should work wonders for his game. Deron giving a shit should be nice, there's already an avatar bet in place if you'd like to take it.

Bet is who has the best record at the end of the season.

Dude, calm calm down. Nets are built better :jnc

Crook Mopez
Kris Kardashian
Thing Formerly knows as Gerald Wallace
Joe "Just gave salary cap relief to ATL" Johnson
Deron "Allergic to Tunisian PGs" Williams

The funny thing is if this was Crash from 5 years ago and maybe Brook pre-emo it'd be true. The problem with the Nets is that lineup is giving up 100 points a night regularly and they don't have many players who play D on the team. JJ is going to have to stand on his head on D this year.
Yankees/Rangers/Knicks/Giants will always be the teams that matter the most here.
Except the fact that the Jets are far more popular in the media than the Giants, and have been over the Rex Ryan era.

Crook Mopez
Kris Kardashian

The funny thing is if this was Crash from 5 years ago and maybe Brook pre-emo it'd be true. The problem with the Nets is that lineup is giving up 100 points a night regularly and they don't have many players who play D on the team. JJ is going to have to stand on his head on D this year.

Except the fact that the Jets are far more popular in the media than the Giants, and have been over the Rex Ryan era.

If you could analyze the knicks roster the same way you did the new york nets', you might understand why everyone else is laughing.

Gonna take me up on that avatar bet?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
SpearsNBAYahoo
Free agent guard Roger Mason has agreed to terms on a contract with the New Orleans Hornets, a source tells Yahoo! Sports.

so uh, when are they going to sign a point guard?

If you could analyze the knicks roster the same way you did the new york nets', you might understand why everyone else is laughing.

Gonna take me up on that avatar bet?
Chandler - the Defensive Player of the Year at C
Amar'e - Amar'e (who at the very least will not be a zombie like last year)
Carmelo - after losing a shitton of weight and is balling right now
Brewer - Very good defender, you know... something the Knicks need
Svelton - hated playing in Portland and is back in the place he never wanted to leave. BUT OH OF COURSE HE'LL PLAY THE SAME WAY IN PORTLAND! AND HE'S FAT!!!

Look, all Knicks fans know Amar'e needs to not be a zombie, and the man has been working out like a demon. Their success hinges on Amar'e and Felton finding that connection again and Carmelo staying engaged and healthy. And right no Carmelo seems to have taken Woodson's (and Coach K's) message to heart.

charsace

How bad off will The New York Nets be when Knicks are still running in place while the new franchise is winning more games and improving year after year.
You know nothing about the Giants. The Giants had been mediocre during the 90's up until Kerry Collins lead them to the superbowl. And they were still more popular than the Jets who had Parcells as coach and were having success. You're thinking of the Kerry Collins superbowl until now Giants. And we still had some bad seasons during this time or else we wouldn't have Eli. And even when we got Eli people outside of NY were still going after the giants and of course those critics said Eli would never win the big one (sounds like a Knicks player you all love to hate right) but now everyone is quiet and act like they've been backing Eli the whole time.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Did Amare suddenly become healthy again or is expected to play 75+ games?

Brewer and Felton suck.

But Felton sucks.

Like, really really sucks.

Oh my god he sucks so bad.

Also, did you guys know Amare turns 30 on November 16?

Brewer and Felton suck.

But Felton sucks.

I can't wait until Felton comes back to Portland and drops 20 on them. I will laugh my ass off. Playing in Portland done crushed his soul, but truly he has found happiness coming home.
You know nothing about the Giants. The Giants had been mediocre during the 90's up until Kerry Collins lead them to the superbowl. And they were still more popular than the Jets who had Parcells as coach and were having success. You're thinking of the Kerry Collins superbowl until now Giants. And we still had some bad seasons during this time or else we wouldn't have Eli. And even when we got Eli people outside of NY were still going after the giants and of course those critics said Eli would never win the big one (sounds like a Knicks player you all love to hate right) but now everyone is quiet and act like they've been backing Eli the whole time.
Stop, chars. You're making too much sense. Obviously Noris the Giants fan knows what he talking about.

Omega

Banned
Joe Johnson isn't shitty, just over paid. Playing off the ball with Deron should work wonders for his game. Deron giving a shit should be nice, there's already an avatar bet in place if you'd like to take it.

Bet is who has the best record at the end of the season.

Never said he was shitty, just don't think he's going to make that big of a difference.

What's the bet? I'll take it. I don't expect much from the Knicks this season, but being better than the Nets is something I'm confident in.

Crook Mopez
Kris Kardashian

Same can be said for amare and melo. If it was them from 5 yrs ago...

charsace

Brewer and Felton suck.

But Felton sucks.

Want to avatar bet that Amare plays 75 or more games next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom