• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to avatar bet that Amare plays 75 or more games next season?

You'll take that bet but not the overall record bet?

Never said he was shitty, just don't think he's going to make that big of a difference.

What's the bet? I'll take it. I don't expect much from the Knicks this season, but being better than the Nets is something I'm confident in.

Season record bet. If Nets record is better than Knicks after 82 games you get to Don a Nets avatar with "Nets record > Knicks record", if Knicks win you pick my avatar with "Knicks record > Nets record".

I think the entire offseason is a good length for the avatar.

20 pounds of fat?
Felton-loses-500x436.jpg

He's halfway there! With 2.5 more months to go!

Omega

Banned
You'll take that bet but not the overall record bet?

Season record bet. If Nets record is better than Knicks after 82 games you get to Don a Nets avatar with "Nets record > Knicks record", if Knicks win you pick my avatar with "Knicks record > Nets record".

I think the entire offseason is a good length for the avatar.

Simple enough.

thekad

Banned
I don't know why Frankman doesn't get it. Melo and Amare aren't that great by themselves, but together they're terrible.

Manhattan Knicks won't be good until they blow that team up. The New York Nets are better.

charsace

What's in it for me? I don't care if you got a shitty humiliating avatar of a half-naked Fatlon.

You'll be the one wearing a dumb looking avatar. I've made a few of these bets on GAF and I haven't lost yet. I've seen Amar'e and he's in much better shape. He's at least 10lbs lighter. Still think he won't play 75 or more games.

And what was the record bet? I gotta see what Faton and Drunkard look like in the preseason first and how much Wood Mike has for JR this season.

The Nets have a lot more good players than the Knicks, the Nets have five while the Knicks have three or four and two of those players are just limited role players in Brewer and maybe Camby.

I don't know why Frankman doesn't get it. Melo and Amare aren't that great by themselves, but together they're terrible.

Manhattan Knicks won't be good until they blow that team up. The New York Nets are better.

Yea.

Melo and Chandler compliment eachother pretty well, but Amare and Melo are pretty bad together.

Melo needs a PNR showrunner like Lin, Melo needs defensive bigs who can rebound.

Let them hold on to their delusions of relevance, been the first time in years.

Yea.

Melo and Chandler compliment eachother pretty well, but Amare and Melo are pretty bad together.

Melo needs a PNR showrunner like Lin, Melo needs defensive bigs who can rebound.
Ignoring the Felton/Amar'e PnR in 2010? Wait, Chandler and Camby aren't defensive rebounding bigs?

Seriously, you guys are awesome today with the half-facts.

thekad

Banned
Fact: The Knicks were a net negative with Amare and Melo on the court at the same time.

They should have went into the season with: Lin/Whoever/Whoever/Melo/Chandler as their starting lineup.

Ignoring the Felton/Amar'e PnR in 2010? Wait, Chandler and Camby aren't defensive rebounding bigs?

Seriously, you guys are awesome today with the half-facts.

I said Melo and Chandler compliment eachother well...the problem is Melo/Stat

PnR isn't nearly as effective when the guard running the play can't shoot very well. Can Felt bring back old Amare? Will Melo give him the ball enough for that to even happen?

Camby is alright too, but he's a really old 38.

charsace

Let them hold on to their delusions of relevance, been the first time in years.

The knicks are always relevant. You guys wouldn't be talking about them all the damn time if they weren't. Most Knicks discussions are started by people on here that want people to know the knicks will suck. You never see these posts in regards to the Hawks, Suns, Bucks, Warriors, Blazers, etc. Its always the Knicks. If the Knicks weren't relevant people on here would target another team.

Fact: The Knicks were a net negative with Amare and Melo on the court at the same time.

They should have went into the season with: Lin/Whoever/Whoever/Melo/Chandler as their starting lineup.
Fact: Amare was shit most of the year due to his back issue and Carmelo played hurt for 20 games.

Knicks fans already know the Carmelo/Amare dynamic didn't work well. Or at all at times. Last year wasn't the best year to use that argument unless you're going to ring up the "Carmelo had most of his success at the 4" issue, which is another argument altogether.
I said Melo and Chandler compliment eachother well...the problem is Melo/Stat

PnR isn't nearly as effective when the guard running the play can't shoot very well. Can Felt bring back old Amare? Will Melo give him the ball enough for that to even happen?

Camby is alright too, but he's a really old 38.
I think STAT will be better by having a full offseason to work out and try and get back his jumper. Regarding Camby, put it this way:

Marcus Camby
59 games played, 53 games started
22.9 minutes/game
4.9 points/game on 48% shooting
9.0 rebounds/game
1.4 blocks/game
16.2 PER (league average is 15)
#1 in rebounding percentage
2012-2013 Salary – Approx. $4 million

Spencer Hawes
37 games played, 29 games started
24.9 minutes/game
9.6 points/game on 48% shooting
7.3 rebounds/game
1.3 blocks/game
18.1 PER (league average is 15)
Not in top 10 for rebounding percentage
2012-2013 Salary – Approx. $6.5 million

Samuel Dalembert
65 games played, 45 games started
22.2 minutes/game
7.5 points/game on 50% shooting
7.0 rebounds/game
1.7 blocks/game
16.9 PER (league average is 15)
#7 in rebounding percentage
2012-2013 Salary – Approx. $6.7 million

Roy Hibbert
65 games played, 65 games started
29.8 minutes/game
12.8 points/game on 49% shooting
8.8 rebounds/game
2.0 blocks/game
19.3 PER (league average is 15)
Not in top 10 for rebounding percentage
2012-2013 Salary – Approx. $14.5 million

So let’s see here…

For $2.5 million more than the Knicks spent on their backup center, you could have Philadelphia’s starting center who missed most of last season with an injury and puts up similar, sometimes inferior numbers.

For $2.7 million more than the Knicks spent on their backup center, you could have Milwaukee’s starting center putting up similar numbers, who lost his starting job to Camby when he was traded to the Houston Rockets with 20 games remaining in last year’s regular season

For $10 million more than the Knicks spent on their backup center, you could have someone that plays 8 more minutes per game, averages the same amount of rebounds, barely one more block, rebounds at a lower rate and will eat up 20% of a team’s cap space for the next 4 years. That’s a steep price for 8 more points per game…
It's still a good deal, I'll be interested to see how many minutes Camby gets a night though.

The knicks are always relevant. You guys wouldn't be talking about them all the damn time if they weren't. Most Knicks discussions are started by people on here that want people to know the knicks will suck. You never see these posts in regards to the Hawks, Suns, Bucks, Warriors, Blazers, etc. Its always the Knicks. If the Knicks weren't relevant people on here would target another team.
or maybe it's because they're a NY team

charsace

Because they don't fail in a hilarious fashion.

You mean like when they were the Jailblazers or recently the IR Dynasty? Because I remember blazers fans talking about winning multiple titles and I don't see people going after them for that. If Knicks fans pulled that shit after a terrible season we would be hearing about it every day. So don't pretend there haven't been other teams that screwed up a lot.

Chars, let it go. We've seen this shit for years, it never stops getting pathetic. If it was calling out the shit wherever it is, that's fine. Knicks have had plenty of hilarious mistakes over the years, and they're probably have a few more. But the talk is so over-dramatized on this board considering the other shittalkers on other NBA Team-GAF it's hilarious.

There is no iamshadowlark on Knicks-GAF (makes logic irrelevant)
There is no TripleU on Knicks-GAF (The Three U's)
There is no thekad on Knicks-GAF (overhyped troll w/o a team)
Hell, you can make a case there isn't even a reilo on Knicks-GAF (equal opportunity troller that can't judge his own team fairly)

So why the effort to shout people down who don't crow much? NBA-GAF is the only Sports-GAF who does this, and it's hilarious.

thekad

Banned
I'm not a shittalker. I just call em how I seem em. The Manhattan Knicks have sucked and will continue to suck for the forseeable future.

charsace

Oh man, the laughs I get about catastrophic knee injuries.

You mean like how guys want to see Amar'e get hurt next season so that they can laugh at the Knicks? People don't want to see him play 75 games this year. They want him to have serious injuries like he had last season so they can call Amar'e washed up and call the Knicks dumb for paying him. Saying anything about the Blazers is a big no-no though.

btw chars:
Jared Zwerling:
Source: Knicks acquired Chris Smith so they could assign his rights to their D-League team, the Erie BayHawks #Knicks
about 3 hours ago

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/new_york_knicks#ixzz22KmEwk90
so basically stashing him in the minors.
I'm not a shittalker. I just call em how I seem em. The Manhattan Knicks have sucked and will continue to suck for the forseeable future.
You're not. You're not the troll this board wants, you're the troll this board doesn't need.
Knicks fans are a little sensitive today
I wonder why... couldn't be the slanted commentary.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Trail Blazers have been Knicks West? How does that even make sense?

You mean like how guys want to see Amar'e get hurt next season so that they can laugh at the Knicks? People don't want to see him play 75 games this year. They want him to have serious injuries like he had last season so they can call Amar'e washed up and call the Knicks dumb for paying him. Saying anything about the Blazers is a big no-no though.

nobody said that, nobody has the same stupid and pointless confidence you have about his health

and for you to criticize others for carrying a "i told you so" attitude is fine irony

nobody said that, nobody has the same stupid and pointless confidence you have about his health
Err, two years ago? Or did the "It'll be so funny when Amar'e gets hurt and Knicks have to eat the contract" posts get deleted? How about the "do I hear the sound of a retina detaching?" post?

C'mon now, even in a trollish manner they exist.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Yes, changing the subject will do wonders for an argument. How foolish of me, of course the doctors have said that and I'm being completely irrational. Excuse my folly.

Have people been wrong about Amare's injuries these past two seasons?

Have people been wrong about Amare's injuries these past two seasons?
... yeah. He had another knee injury I didn't know about? He detached his retina again?

If people were saying he was going to get injured again back then, hey it's a crapshoot. People get injured in the NBA, and he did have a higher chance of getting hurt. But he never suffered an injury directly related to his previous ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom