• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Banned
so... what? They just talk about NY because it's NY? That doesn't happen in any other Sports-GAF at all, and I should know: I post in almost all of them.

that makes even less sense.

It makes sense.

Timberwolves, Bobcats, Raptors, Detroit off the top of my head are all run worse.

One team drafted two point guards back to back. That same team also drafted two Syracuse players. One of them gave Charlie Villanueva and Ben Gordon $10mil/year contracts.

But who gives a shit about Minnesota, Charlotte, Toronto or Michigan.

Suns Med staff said Amare knees had two to three years left at his style of play. You're mad at guys saying he was gonna get injured and the knicks will have to eat his uninsured contract?

Again, people are laughing at how shit knicks fo is, not Amare being hurt.

Knee injuries often lead to back problems by the way.

thekad

Banned
You once were a troll that garnered some level of appreciation and respect but now youre the kosmo of NBA Age and I have taken your place.

/bow

kobev.gif

*sigh*

h3ro, please tell reilo how Amar'e actually got injured. He wrenched his back on a dunk in practice before Game 2 of the playoffs, and was never the same. Said back injury never received proper treatment during the lockout (which Amar'e said himself) and developed into a disk problem.

Would Amar'e maybe come back a bit faster if the knee injuries didn't exist? Possibly, he admittedly would've still been a zombie for some time though.
Would Amar'e have shrugged off a wrenched back/disk problem + lockout w/o treatment and be dunking on fools like 2010? No.

I already know knee issues lead to further back issues. However, having 100% healthy knees doesn't suddenly prevent you from injury and allow you to pull a Celtics Tony Allen, bounce up and be "hey I'm fine!"

Now, if you're going to use THAT stance, that's impossible to use. By that notion he should've wrenched his back in Game 1, because he was making moves I never saw him make the whole year.

Karakand

h3ro, as a fellow Knicks fan, can you please explain to The Frankman how knee and back injuries are directly related?

Thanks.

*sigh*

h3ro, please tell reilo how Amar'e actually got injured. He wrenched his back on a dunk in practice before Game 2 of the playoffs, and was never the same. Said back injury never received proper treatment during the lockout (which Amar'e said himself) and developed into a disk problem.

It's like my parents are still married.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It makes sense.

Timberwolves, Bobcats, Raptors, Detroit off the top of my head are all run worse.

One team drafted two point guards back to back. That same team also drafted two Syracuse players. One of them gave Charlie Villanueva and Ben Gordon $10mil/year contracts.

But who gives a shit about Minnesota, Charlotte, Toronto or Michigan.

Explain to me how the Bobcats, under Michael Jordan, are run poorly.

g23

European pre-madonna
Bored @ Work question of the day: Who will have the better career, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist or Harrison Barnes?

best inexpensive FA out there - Ivan Johnson.

Is this guy a nutcase or something? Why is he not signed?
Bored @ Work question of the day: Who will have the better career, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist or Harrison Barnes?
MKG will be more of a solid player w/ better D, Barnes the higher upside with his scoring. I'd kinda say MKG, because at least he'll be a effective role player. If Barnes doesn't improve his D and efficiency on O isn't he kinda like a poor man's Jerry Stackhouse then?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The choices are really down to a candidate that coached the Hawks and Bucks in the mid-00s to a .400 record, and an assistant coach that was editing video footage for the head coach just a couple of years ago.

Oh, and three of the four finalists share the same agent as Neil Olshey.

SamuraiX-

Bunch of motherfucking YNBs on the freeway today.

Fuck rush hour.

And how has no GM spoken with Nate McMillan about a head coaching position? Unless of course he's taking some time off.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
And how has no GM spoken with Nate McMillan about a head coaching position? Unless of course he's taking some time off.

He interviewed with Charlotte, no?

But I'd say he's in a position where he doesn't need to take a bad gig like Orlando or Washington. He can wait for something better to come along.

I just heard that the ESPN 30 for 30 series is now on Netflix....checking....

it's true! time to watch some more John Starks embarrassment on the iPad later

Been awhile since I've posted...

So when do we play Tunisia?

I read somewhere TEAM USA was scheduled to play them on Monday, but I guess Tunisia never showed up?

Fjordson

Tunisia was actually keeping pace somewhat with our starters in the first quarter. We were playing pretty lazily until the bench came in.

France and Tunisia arr playing in about an hour and a half. Might have to catch some of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom