• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple U

Banned
Much like the Heat's championship, it wouldn't have been legit due to it being a shortened season.

You know I never get this. I never hear anybody taking away the spurs chip. I get that there is somewhat a special aside to it but saying it "isn't legit" just seems...........bitter?

You might be just trolling though

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
You know I never get this. I never hear anybody taking away the spurs chip. I get that there is somewhat a special aside to it but saying it "isn't legit" just seems...........bitter?

That's because you started watching basketball 4 years ago.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

You might be just trolling though
What? Plenty of people do the asterisk thing with the Spurs' first championship.

That's because you started watching basketball 4 years ago.

iIea1dk7DzBTT.gif

Triple U

Banned
The asterisk devalues the significance of the championship.

Yes a little bit but thats still a far cry from "its not legit". Unless 16 playoff wins didn't happen or something. You can't just scoff at a 66 game season as nothing.

I really doubt that the 16 games missed would have stopped the Heat(who were this close last year).

Yes a little bit but thats still a far cry from "its not legit". Unless 16 playoff wins didn't happen or something. You can't just scoff at a 66 game season as nothing.

I really doubt that the 16 games missed would have stopped the Heat(who were this close last year).
there is enough variables in a 16 games to suggest injuries, fatigue, hot and cold streak.

Triple U

Banned
there is enough variables in a 16 game season to suggest injuries, fatigue, hot and cold streak.

Yeah and?

Its not like the heat were uninjured.
Its not like they weren't playing some of the ugliest ball ever for a championship team.

They got thru a much tougher east last year( with a year younger Celtics and a pretty healthy Rose on a top of the league Bulls squad) in less games than they did this time around. Only thing different is that LBJ showed up in the Finals.

Of all the questionable and downright dirty shit that happens in the league, a 16 game shorter regular season is what makes a title "not legit"? When the 09 Magic beat our team in 09, with Shard killing us left and daggering us right and it came out that he was on roids the entire time(and consequentially began to blow after being caught) , was that "not legit"?

Yeah and?

Its not like they weren't playing some of the ugliest ball ever for a championship team.

They got thru a much tougher east last year( with a year younger Celtics and a pretty healthy Rose on a top of the league Bulls squad) in less games than they did this time around. Only thing different is that LBJ showed up in the Finals.

Of all the questionable and downright dirty shit that happens in the league, a 16 game shorter regular season is what makes a title "not legit"? When the 09 Magic beat our team in 09, with Shard killing us left and daggering us right and it came out that he was on roids the entire time(and consequentially began to blow after being caught) , was that "not legit"?

what they went through last year is unimportant.
the important thing to note is that anything could've happened in a 16-game span.
You can do this for any year though
every season is shortened now?

Triple U

Banned
what they went through last year is unimportant.
the important thing to note is that anything could've happened in a 16-game span.

every season is shortened now?

So play the hypothetical game.

What if DAL wasn't phantom called out of the finals?
What if SAC wasn't cheated out of a finals bid?
What if CLE got to play an unroided ORL squad?

What if...

that totally makes sense.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah and?

holy false equivalency batman

So play the hypothetical game.

What if DAL wasn't phantom called out of the finals?
What if SAC wasn't cheated out of a finals bid?
What if CLE got to play an unroided ORL squad?

What if...

that totally makes sense.

you're equating a lockout season where a single game can cause an injury to any player which i might add is out of his control to piss poor officiating?

Triple U

Banned
you're equating a lockout season where a single game can cause an injury to any player which i might add is out of his control to piss poor officiating?

Any player can get injured at anytime, I don't see your point. You really gone sit here and act like those 16 games are the end all-be all that decides legitness?

You said we can play hypothetical game, tell me why somewhat conspiracy level officiating and downright cheating doesn't measure up to 16 regular season games?

I know rationality have never been this thread's M O but comeon dude....

Any player can get injured at anytime, I don't see your point. You really gone sit here and act like those 16 games are the end all-be all that decides legitness?

of course you see my point, the fact a player can get injured at any point further shows that an injury can easily happen in a 16 game span.
You said we can play hypothetical game, tell me why somewhat conspiracy level officiating and downright cheating doesn't measure up to 16 regular season games?
well it doesn't measure up. its apples and oranges argument.
you're argument is something im not even remotely mentioning.

DY_nasty

I don't see it.....

You're comparing a guy - who wasn't even the 2nd most important player on his team at the time - and his issues with PEDs (which is hilaaaaaaaaaaaarious considering the context) to a shortened season. When its clear that every lockout season has an asterisk or some kind of note attached to it to devalue it in the future.

Lockout seasons have always been bullshit. Welcome to the NBA new guy.

Triple U

Banned
of course you see my point, the fact a player can get injured at any point further shows that an injury can easily happen in a 16 game span.
LoL ok my dude.
well it doesn't measure up. its apples and oranges argument.
you're argument is something im not even remotely mentioning.

...OK?

So are you gonna actually explain why it doesn't measure up like I asked or can I start asterisking titles?

Triple U

Banned
You're comparing a guy - who wasn't even the 2nd most important player on his team at the time - and his issues with PEDs (which is hilaaaaaaaaaaaarious considering the context) to a shortened season. When its clear that every lockout season has an asterisk or some kind of note attached to it to devalue it in the future.

Lockout seasons have always been bullshit. Welcome to the NBA new guy.

He was the reason they won at least two games with his overall shooting and timely buckets. The whole reason we got Twan was to check this guy....

I already said that this lockout season has an asterisk, but im questioning why some people treat it likes its nothing when there have been even bigger headscratchers that just get swept under the rug.

injuries can't be controlled.
everything else can.

Ok so I can, thanks.

DY_nasty

He was the reason they won at least two games with his overall shooting and timely buckets. The whole reason we got Twan was to check this guy....

I already said that this lockout season has an asterisk, but im questioning why some people treat it likes its nothing when there have been even bigger headscratchers that just get swept under the rug.
lol please

When you get beat 4-1, the better team won. Even Knicks fans don't play the what if bullshittery game about the asswhooping they took from Miami.

and those headscratchers remain headscratchers as well - but they belong in a different category (or categories). All of which are separate from lockout seasons.

Triple U

Banned
lol please

When you get beat 4-1, the better team won. Even Knicks fans don't play the what if bullshittery game about the asswhooping they took from Miami.

and those headscratchers remain headscratchers as well - but they belong in a different category (or categories). All of which are separate from lockout seasons.

We loss in 6 which is by far the most common outcome of a series...

Basketball Reasons said we have to play the "what if bullshittery game" because lord knows what can happen in those 16 games(but those games where teams were cheated apparently don't have that standard)....

And those headscratchers can be in a separate category for whatever reason you want them to be but that still doesn't explain my simple question of why those wins don't have an asterisk....

Wait hold on, US can fuckball with the best of them. Plus you assume Nigeria can put up enough points.

Who does Nigeria even have that's an NBA/former NBA player? Dunno the roster.

linsivvi

Wait hold on, US can fuckball with the best of them. Plus you assume Nigeria can put up enough points.

Who does Nigeria even have that's an NBA/former NBA player? Dunno the roster.

They'll slow the game down to a halt and drag the scoring down. They'll lose by probably 30 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom