• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
lack of American centres in the nba

I think a player like Hibbert or LMA (don't know if he was considered and turned them down or what..) would have been good fits...

Edit: guess Jamica got to got to Hibbert first....

LMA is injured, Bynum turned them down, Monroe is pretty bad and a horrible fit for the Olympics until he learns how to defend at all, Al is a terrible fit for the team.

Blackace

LMA is injured, Bynum turned them down, Monroe is pretty bad and a horrible fit for the Olympics until he learns how to defend at all, Al is a terrible fit for the team.

And any of them would have been better than what they have at center after Tyson..

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Orlando and Charlotte are in the same boat. Magic are destined to get the #2 pick for the next few years.

Like in all seriousness, you could go 0-82 chances are you are not going to get the #1 pick. Tanking hard is a waste of time.

dude, you got the #1 pick over an expansion team - that got the fourth pick in that draft and had to trade up

thekad

Banned
Wiggins is going to turn some team around. Unfortunately, the Bobcats will probably be bad enough to have a 25% chance again.

Didn't your team draft Shaq and C-Webb back to back? Lol

The Magic history was changed on May 17, 1992, when the franchise won the first pick in the 1992 NBA Draft Lottery.[7] The Magic selected big-man Shaquille O'Neal from Louisiana State University, the biggest prize in the draft since the Knicks won Patrick Ewing.[9] O'Neal, a 7-foot 1 inch center, made an immediate impact on the Magic, leading the club to a 41–41 record.[10] The Magic again became the NBA's most improved franchise, as they improved by 20 games. O'Neal was the first rookie to be voted an All-Star starter since Michael Jordan in 1985.[7] He also became the 1992–1993 NBA Rookie of the Year. Despite O'Neal's presence, the Magic missed the 1993 NBA Playoffs because they were tied with the Indiana Pacers for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference with the Pacers holding the tiebreaker.

Despite barely missing the playoffs and receiving the least chance of gaining the top draft pick with only one ball in the lottery, the Magic won the first pick in the 1993 NBA Draft Lottery.[7] Prior to the draft, Guokas stepped down as head coach, and Brian Hill was promoted to become the Magic's second head coach.[11] In the draft, the Magic selected Chris Webber, but traded him to the Golden State Warriors for the number three pick, guard Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway and three future first-round draft picks.[12]

If Stern rigs the Wiggins draft...he's going to Toronto.

Stern love gifting hometown boys when he can (Rose and Bron).

Plus he would stay unlike all of the other Raptors stars

Poor Orl always done wrong

I am just sitting here amazed though. To have Shaquille O'neal and Penny with DScott, Nick Anderson and not winning a finals game. Then to have Dwight Howard in the weakest era of big men since like George Mikan and only having two NBA finals wins to show for it. So many teams have done more with less.

I don't think its a coincidence that both of these superstars wanted to get the hell out of dodge. I mean that they didn't match the Lakers offer for Shaq initially, what in the world were they thinking?

thekad

Banned
Three franchise players in 23 years (and what, 10 drafts?) is pretty silly.

Yeah, Wiggins is going to the Magic. It's preordained.

Blackace

We had Lary Grandmama Johnson (aka Tyler Perry's hero) back in the day, but that was 20 years ago. If you give NOLA the entire Hornets history, then yeah we've never had a top pick.

They have your history I thought...

giga

Marc gain some weight? Arms looking a bit flubby

oly_g_gasol1x_576.jpg

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Alright Best-GAF, I'm looking to take a break from GAF for a while, as I only have a small bit of vacation left, and I don't want to spend so much time on here anymore. I may still post if I have a question, and I'll likely be back soon, but I just wanted to say best of luck with everything. You guys are great.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Alright Best-GAF, I'm looking to take a break from GAF for a while, as I only have a small bit of vacation left, and I don't want to spend so much time on here anymore. I may still post if I have a question, and I'll likely be back soon, but I just wanted to say best of luck with everything. You guys are great.

Moving to LA or something?

Flash

If Stern rigs the Wiggins draft...he's going to Toronto.

Stern love gifting hometown boys when he can (Rose and Bron).

Plus he would stay unlike all of the other Raptors stars

i will pray... but it won't happen. Colangelo will know that it's a threat to the Bargnani era and ensure that we don't get the #1 pick:(

Make sure you keep us updated while on your vacation.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Make sure you keep us updated while on your vacation.
Lol, I'll be back in a few weeks when classes start. I've just got a bunch of games to play/books to read/friends to see, but I spend too much of my time here for that to happen. At least when classes start, I'll have an excuse, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom