• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chizmiz

Banned
Well, what do you know, the most shameful display of anti-sportsmanship comes from Spain tonight, with the lamest cheating ever in the 4th quarter. This is Espana, dude. I hope France kills them next round.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Spain got an easy ride. Nice 4Q tank.

Aih+

Are they even a lock to beat France?

chizmiz

Banned
Are they even a lock to beat France?

Nah, they're not. But they have had our number for a while now. Their backcourt is not doing too well, with Navarro having poorly recovered... I just hope Séraphin comes up big so we don't get killed inside too much, and our guards have their best day ever. If Parker and Batum combine for 40 again, we have a shot.

Fjordson

That sack tap will probably hurt Argentina. Melo is just going to go off if they play them again. Was in foul trouble today, but nobody on that team can guard him.

SamuraiX-

Watching a replay of the USA-Argentina game.

smh @ Argentina

What a bunch of sourpusses. Since when did Scola become such a little bitch?

Fjordson

What a bunch of sourpusses. Since when did Scola become such a little bitch?
That's what I was wondering. Admittedly I haven't watched Houston a ton the last year or two, but damn. He was acting like that in their exhibition game also.

I was laughin' when he decided to come all the way towards the U.S. bench by himself after Melo got hit and it almost looked like he was arguing with Coach K or something. What an idiot.

Fjordson

What happened in ARG-USA? Why are people calling the Argentinians sourpusses?
Chris Paul wacked one of their players, hit him in the chest I think? Not quite sure, I missed it. So later on after USA goes off and is up by 30, Carmelo gets hit below the belt by Argentina's point guard as he's in the air shooting a three.

Announcers said both benches started walking onto the court, but I didn't really see it. Broadcast just showed Scola approaching Coach K and the U.S. bench by himself :lol

Like I said, was probably a dumb move to piss off Melo if they have to play again.

I've been thinking about this.

I really want Russia (in the Gold Medal game, should we get there) now, for basketball reasons.

40 year old, basketball reasons.

Well, what do you know, the most shameful display of anti-sportsmanship comes from Spain tonight, with the lamest cheating ever in the 4th quarter. This is Espana, dude. I hope France kills them next round.

yeah, Im rewatching that fourth quarter now. SPAIN called NO time outs in the last 4 minutes of the fourth quarter. They tanked on purpose. The French press is livid.

linsivvi

yeah, Im rewatching that fourth quarter now. SPAIN called NO time outs in the last 4 minutes of the fourth quarter. They tanked on purpose. The French press is livid.

According to the official play by play they did call a timeout with 1:54 left. They are not that dumb. They know how to tank in a way that no one can accuse them of anything.

thekad

Banned
David Aldridge said:
This summer, after players gave back 12 percent of their salaries, and the richest teams agreed to start giving up some of their profits to help the poorer teams, there are no more excuses about market size or local television contracts. You either get it done or you don't. Putting together a contending team should be no harder in Milwaukee or Charlotte than it is in New York or Los Angeles

wtf

<reads the thread>

jobber still hating on the team that represents his country.

Never change, my man.

It's completely despicable and disgusting. So unpatriotic. I remember in '08 when he and others (Brandy was the other clear one) were openly rooting against our country hoping they would "fall flat on their faces".

GTFO OF MY COUNTRY

Doug Collins does commentary for that game too right?

This has to happen.

Has to.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Iggy is always the MVP when it comes to international competition. The guy just does it all out there.

Insane they keep playing Kobe over him.

I love how Kobe announced this is his last olympics. Guess what you wouldn't even have a shot of making the team in 4 years.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Iggy is always the MVP when it comes to international competition. The guy just does it all out there.

I love how Kobe announced this is his last olympics. Guess what you wouldn't even have a shot of making the team in 4 years.

Fjordson

Lmao. I like him overall, but yeah what the fuck was a 37 year old Kobe going to do for them in Rio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom