• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm I wonder who will actually be on the 2016 team?

I don't see Kobe, Chandler, Harden, Iggy, or DWill making it back. I'd say these 6 are probably locks:

Dwight
Lebron
Durant
Westbrook or Rose (depending on health)
Carmelo
Love

These two are probably safe bets:
Griffin
Aldridge

The next 4 will probably be up and coming stars, maybe:

Cousins
Irving
Davis
and whoever the best SG is at the time

Hmm I wonder who will actually be on the 2016 team?

I don't see Kobe, Chandler, Harden, Iggy, or DWill making it back. I'd say these 6 are probably locks:

Dwight
Lebron
Durant
Westbrook or Rose (depending on health)
Carmelo
Love

Griffin
Aldridge

Cousins
Irving
Davis

I say this but with Harden on the team.

chizmiz

Banned
It's completely despicable and disgusting. So unpatriotic. I remember in '08 when he and others (Brandy was the other clear one) were openly rooting against our country hoping they would "fall flat on their faces".

GTFO OF MY COUNTRY

Hey you know what, sometimes, people and their worth on different levels are given more emphasis than artificial communities such as nations. But feel free to stroke it while you think about mythical fairytales on the greatness of your country.

thekad

Banned
Aren't they changing to 23 and under format?

And why the hell would you think Klay Thompson would make the team over Harden?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Aren't they changing to 23 and under format?

And why the hell would you think Klay Thompson would make the team over Harden?

I didn't say over harden I mentioned Klay as the new SG that would get one of the open spots at SG. I think Harden should be a lock since he should be a better overall player by 2016.

SamuraiX-

Kings look to rename Sacramento arena by opener as Power Balance era nears end

The Sacramento Kings are working on a new naming rights deal for the building now known as Power Balance Pavilion, according to multiple sources.

While there are still “five or six” different companies in the running, Cowbell Kingdom has been told the goal is to land a new deal in time for opening night, Oct. 31.

Regardless of how negotiations go, word has it that the franchise will distance itself from the Power Balance brand, including removing signage from outside the building before the start of the 2012-13 season.

Thank God.

In other news:
J6yiu.png

kill yo self

NJ is being sued by NBA, NCAA, MLB, NFL, and NHL for allowing sports betting.

ESPN said:
"The sponsorship, operation, advertising, promotion, licensure, and authorization of sports gambling in New Jersey," the lawsuit states, "would irreparably harm amateur and professional sports by fostering suspicion that individual plays and final scores of games may have been influenced by factors other than honest athletic competition."

I'm new to the whole issue, but why is sports betting in Jersey any more harmful than Nevada, Montana, Delaware, or Oregon? Is it because we actually host pro teams?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Sadly, he never rocked the stache, though. He posted that and then showed up to Wolves practice clean shaven, saying that his sister was making fun of the picture.

SamuraiX-

Thank goodness for his sister then. Love really needs to go back to clean shaven.

Wtf is with these new styles of attire and appearance in today's league that makes all the players look like a homeless person, a hipster, or both?

Griffin
Aldridge

Cousins
Irving
Davis

Don't sleep on Wall. He's the best transition point guard available next to Rose and the ability to make plays off of PNR and have high assist numbers ala Deron/CP3 have proven to be pretty worthless. He'd be perfect for the transition style of play that our international teams use. He'd definitely be an upgrade over Deron on the current team.

chizmiz

Banned
Don't sleep on Wall. He's the best transition point guard available next to Rose and the ability to make plays off of PNR and have high assist numbers ala Deron/CP3 have proven to be pretty worthless. He'd be perfect for the transition style of play that our international teams use. He'd definitely be an upgrade over Deron on the current team.

Deron is amazing in international ball. He proved it with Besiktas.

Man, Kobe....his tournament stats are embarrassing

14-36 FGA, .389% from the field, 5-16 and .313% from deep, 4 assists through all 5 games and 9 points a game.

Dude is fucking up the flow of the offence with his forced shots.

In contrast, Durant:6 29-56 FGA, for .518% from the field, 20-33 from deep for 60% and 19 assists.

Man, Kobe....his tournament stats are embarrassing

14-36 FGA, .389% from the field, 5-16 and .313% from deep, 4 assists through all 5 games and 9 points a game.

Dude is fucking up the flow of the offence with his forced shots.

In contrast, Durant:6 29-56 FGA, for .518% from the field, 20-33 from deep for 60% and 19 assists.

Kobe has played terrible in the Olympics.

On the other hand, he totally gets the Olympics. Him going around and meeting all the other lesser known athletes is something all the big superstars should do.

I think he just wants to be there to watch other sports and when playing he's just in KOME mode. At least until it matters (I hope).

The new Jazz GM is getting some nice buzz from most smart NBA writers so that's cool.
Dude knows what he's doing. When he interviewed for the Wolves job, one of his sticking points was that the scouting department needed to be revamped as well as other parts of the FO. Glen Taylor was too cheap/stubborn to budge so he wasn't hired.

I'm jealous.

linsivvi

Kobe has played terrible in the Olympics.

On the other hand, he totally gets the Olympics. Him going around and meeting all the other lesser known athletes is something all the big superstars should do.

I think he just wants to be there to watch other sports and when playing he's just in KOME mode. At least until it matters (I hope).

Kobe understands the true Olympic spirit, what the real gold medal is. Unfortunately Vanessa is determined to stop him from obtaining it.

Omega

Banned
Jazz and Spurs always hire properly.

Small market teams should take notice. These teams have rarely missed the playoffs.

Kobe understands the true Olympic spirit, what the real gold medal is. Unfortunately Vanessa is determined to stop him from obtaining it.

haha, too true.

Being a swimmer must be the best, though. You do your stuff the 1st week, then 2nd week it's like a giant orgy party.

I have not doubt Phelps has gone around the world in 80 beds.

linsivvi

haha, too true.

Being a swimmer must be the best, though. You do your stuff the 1st week, then 2nd week it's like a giant orgy party.

I have not doubt Phelps has gone around the world in 80 beds.

Moral of the story: If you're a world class athlete, don't get married until you've retired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom