• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well let's not go crazy now. Tony Parker isn't above the occasional flop, but yeah I don't think he has a rep for flopping.

Flopping is the worst play in basketball, the act of a man who knows he has no integrity and looks for a ref to make a mistake constantly to be bailed out of actually working hard on Defense.

I'm not completely condoning the nutshot, obviously Batum did it out of complete anger. But the refs should get blame also.

Jimmer Fredette would NEVER flop.

The worst play in basketball is trying to intentionally injure another player. Which is what Batum was aiming for. There's no defending it whatsoever. Slice it how you like, the facts remain unscathed.

chizmiz

Banned
Man code? When you just cried about getting hit in the nuts by a basketball some time ten years ago, and still remember it? That's manly?

The worst play in basketball is trying to intentionally injure another player. Which is what Batum was aiming for. There's no defending it whatsoever. Slice it how you like, the facts remain unscathed.
Okay, how about a flop where you injure another player? What then?

And yes, it's happened.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Are you kidding? Navarro is always flopping. Look at that fucker overselling the contact on a pick in the 4th, right side of the floor, 3/4 to the basket.

France does not have a single flopper. Not about that life. Name one that has that reputation in the NBA. No one comes close to Rudy who just acted like he was about to die for 5 whole minutes, before getting up to celebrate.

Do you mind telling us more about how much of an upstanding classact Calderon is also?

Please enlighten me on your thoughts of the Spanish national soccer team.

Okay, how about a flop where you injure another player? What then?

And yes, it's happened.

That's a fucking reach if I've ever seen one. There's a minute probability of inury happening when it comes to flopping. What is more likely going to injure a player a) an intentional punch to the nuts or b) flopping? I know what the answer is and you do too.

Karakand

When Max isn't doing his hyperbolic shtich or playing devil's advocate he can school dudes on the regular. I'd be much more interested in a show of him just voicing his honest opinions without the typical sports talk circus bs.

I like the dynamic Marcellus and he have, tbh. But "liberating" him wouldn't be the end of the world.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Look at those upstanding Spanish there, last year in the Final of the European Championship:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd0L3DynejQ/

They had it coming. They always play like that. French player are just tired of it by now, most people just don't know the history.

I see a hard foul and then Rudy raising his arm immediately, meaning that he acknowledges the foul.

You know what I dont see? A fucker with his closed fist chasing down our smallest player whos already playing hurt on a play that doesnt even matter and then hitting him in the nuts.

Also, thats the final you guys got to by throwing a game in the previous phase, right?

Stop saying a violent response is acceptable you fucking douche.

That's a fucking reach if I've ever seen one. There's a minute probability of inury happening when it comes to flopping. What is more likely going to injure a player a) an intentional punch to the nuts or b) flopping? I know what the answer is and you do too.
... Wilson Chandler was nearly knocked out cold by a Kobe flop. Carmelo gets hit in the nuts and bounces back up.

And there's a slight problem with your logic there: Just because a move is unintentional doesn't take away the injury risk. Amare Stoudemire had to have surgery for a detached retina for an inadvertent eye poke by Boris Diaw. Many NBA players get injured unintentionally.

Heck, Manu Ginobili has injured HIMSELF flopping before! I'll say this AGAIN: I do not exactly condone the move (I'm not chizmiz here)...

chris-rock.jpg

but I understand...

chizmiz

Banned
Thank you for this gem. I now know to ignore everything you post from here on out.

Should I care? Call that a gem all you want, when Spain came for a friendly in France in July, we booed them more than ever because of what Rudy had done there in september 2011. Add a collective lifelong achievement in flopping to that.

He GRABS HIS NECK while he's jumping. What the fuck is wrong with you, man.

And yeah, keep acting tough with your insults, you're as much of a man as Calderon and his ugly grin after the refs saved him from Batum.
You've been more than brutal. I'm surprised raging has acted so civil honestly.

chizmiz

Banned
Of course I can say fuck the French when Im half French you fucking loon.

Did I say I give a shit about your biography and do you intend to show your passport or something? Does having spent a good part of my adult life in the US allows me to just say "fuck the US" all I want here and expect Americans not to answer that? Fuck your country back, lecturing about being a classact when your team is more full of floppers than any other in the post-Divac era.

Raging Spaniard

I was watching the French cast and had to switch to Italian because every fucking play that didnt go their way they would say "Cest pas vrai!" ("Its not true!") That part of the French culture that always, always refuses to claim responsibility for anything is so fucking ingrained that even their most basic idioms are tainted by it.

It's always somebody else's fault.

It's always somebody else doing them dirty.

You guys are getting way too personal. Can we avoid turning this into those other threads where everybody starts becoming idiots, using sports to bash each others' countries, even though we're all really on this website for fucking video games?

chizmiz

Banned
I was watching the French cast and had to switch to Italian because every fucking play that didnt go their way they would say "Cest pas vrai!" ("Its not true!") That part of the French culture that always, always refuses to claim responsibility for anything is so fucking ingrained that even their most basic idioms are tainted by it.

It's always somebody else's fault.

It's always somebody else doing them dirty.

Right, that's why Parker claimed responsibilty for their awful fourth quarter and their inability to make a shot, that's why the broadcast immediately said that the Spanish were more realist and experienced (Gérard Holtz said that immediately after the game), etc. Of course you hear dumb patriotism here and then, but you would have even heard them criticize Batum vehemently when it happened.

BTW it's "c'est".

Raging Spaniard

Right, that's why Parker claimed responsibilty for their awful fourth quarter and their inability to make a shot, that's why the broadcast immediately said that the Spanish were more realist and experienced (Gérard Holtz said that immediately after the game), etc. Of course you hear dumb patriotism here and then, but you would have even heard them criticize Batum vehemently when it happened.

BTW it's "c'est".

That seems easy to say after one of your best players punches a guy in the nuts because he was sore about losing, then goes off with a reporter.

... Wilson Chandler was nearly knocked out cold by a Kobe flop. Carmelo gets hit in the nuts and bounces back up.

And there's a slight problem with your logic there: Just because a move is unintentional doesn't take away the injury risk. Amare Stoudemire had to have surgery for a detached retina for an inadvertent eye poke by Boris Diaw. Many NBA players get injured unintentionally.

Heck, Manu Ginobili has injured HIMSELF flopping before! I'll say this AGAIN: I do not exactly condone the move (I'm not chizmiz here)...

chris-rock.jpg

but I understand...

Intentionally hurting someone by punching their nuts and perhaps maybe possibly accidentally hurting someone while flopping are two far far different things. I hate flopping, but come on son, dude punched his nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom