• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So whats worst stepping on the face or punching the balls?

Neither? It's not like one can be condoned while the other isn't. I don't like Bynum and what he did either.

I think that athletes tend to act stupid in the heat of the moment. There's anger, frustration, adrenaline and a whole other plethora of emotions.

I'm not going to sit here all calm and collected behind my keyboard and call Batum, Bynum or Love pieces of shit even though what they did was obviously shitty.

It does serves as good troll bait for this section of the forum though.

I'd say an elbow to the face/neck of a guy quarter of your size or an elbow to the ribs of a dude half your size while he's mid-air.

GYI0065139488_extra_large.jpg

Neither? It's not like one can be condoned while the other isn't. I don't like Bynum and what he did either.

I think that athletes tend to act stupid in the heat of the moment. There's anger, frustration, adrenaline and a whole other plethora of emotions.

I'm not going to sit here all calm and collected behind my keyboard and call Batum, Bynum or Love pieces of shit even though what they did was obviously shitty.

It does serves as good troll bait for this section of the forum though.

I don't agree. Plenty of guys deal with the same shit as the guys who lash out and don't try to hurt anyone, doesn't help that the guys who hurt others are usually repeat offenders.

I don't agree. Plenty of guys deal with the same shit as the guys who lash out and don't try to hurt anyone, doesn't help that the guys who hurt others are usually repeat offenders.

Maybe ... though I remember playing sports and getting super heated. My NAIA Christian college team cleared the bench. (We ran for two hours after the game). Repeat offenses obviously worsen my case. Though I still think it has more to do with the players lack of ability to control himself than their actual character. Metta seams like a saint off the court.

If I were to rank them, Bynum's was the worst simply because the potential to cause more damage was there.

Maybe ... though I remember playing sports and getting super heated. My NAIA Christian college team cleared the bench. (We ran for two hours after the game). Repeat offenses obviously worsen my case. Though I still think it has more to do with the players lack of ability to control himself than their actual character. Metta seams like a saint off the court.

If I were to rank them, Bynum's was the worst simply because the potential to cause more damage was there.

Metta is clearly an unstable person, so he has a "reason" for his actions being crazy, but Bynum being a prick time and again in a variety of ways paints a pretty clear picture of his character.

Playing a competitive game in front of so many people is more stressful than most things I've done, add in some flopping and I'm sure a number of people would be beyond their tipping point, doesn't excuse their dickhead actions.

Metta is clearly an unstable person, so he has a "reason" for his actions being crazy, but Bynum being a prick time and again in a variety of ways paints a pretty clear picture of his character.

Playing a competitive game in front of so many people is more stressful than most things I've done, add in some flopping and I'm sure a number of people would be beyond their tipping point, doesn't excuse their dickhead actions.

Oooh don't get me wrong. I don't think it excuse their actions at all. I think they should all be punished and I think what each of them did was clearly terrible. Bynum being the worst.

I just tend to think a lot of non-athletes watch this stuff without any frame of reference. It's a lot easier to lay blanket statments out when doing so.

FYI ... I would probably agree that Bynum is an actual douche though. Especially out of the three players that were being named. Though I've heard that everyone in the community in which he lives loves him. He plays with the kids on the street and such. So he's not ALWAYS a douche. Just when he's parking his car or getting pounded in a game.

Maybe he'll pull a metta and mature like Phil seems to think. Who knows ...3

EDIT: Did you know Metta and that guy he punched in Indy are friends now. The guy was an alcoholic and they both go out and talk to people about their issues. Wild. When he guest host 710 the other day, they had the guy from Indy on.

Karakand

Forgive me if this happens a lot now (don't listen to as much talk radio as I used to), but Max Kellerman just annihilated Jeff in Tarzana on KSPN for a sustained period of time and it was beautiful.

Forgive me if this happens a lot now (don't listen to as much talk radio as I used to), but Max Kellerman just annihilated Jeff in Tarzana on KSPN for a sustained period of time and it was beautiful.

When Max isn't doing his hyperbolic shtich or playing devil's advocate he can school dudes on the regular. I'd be much more interested in a show of him just voicing his honest opinions without the typical sports talk circus bs.

chizmiz

Banned
When was Navarro flopping in this game?

I'll admit to Rudy flopping there at the end, but its not like France is the anti-flop. Theyre just as bad.

Are you kidding? Navarro is always flopping. Look at that fucker overselling the contact on a pick in the 4th, right side of the floor, 3/4 to the basket.

France does not have a single flopper. Not about that life. Name one that has that reputation in the NBA. No one comes close to Rudy who just acted like he was about to die for 5 whole minutes, before getting up to celebrate.

Do you mind telling us more about how much of an upstanding classact Calderon is also?

I don't give a shit if they flop all four quarters and on every possession. There's no defending punching someone in the balls. One of that guy's teammates should have laid his ass out for doing that.

France does not have a single flopper. Not about that life. Name one that has that reputation in the NBA.
Well let's not go crazy now. Tony Parker isn't above the occasional flop, but yeah I don't think he has a rep for flopping.
I don't give a shit if they flop all four quarters and on every possession. There's no defending punching someone in the balls. One of that guy's teammates should have laid his ass out for doing that.
Flopping is the worst play in basketball, the act of a man who knows he has no integrity and looks for a ref to make a mistake constantly to be bailed out of actually working hard on Defense.

I'm not completely condoning the nutshot, obviously Batum did it out of complete anger. But the refs should get blame also.

Jimmer Fredette would NEVER flop.

Yeah I feel like that's a clear man code IMO

There are just some things in humanity that you do not do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom