• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Ice

Banned
But we already know what Houston offered: Some combination of Lamb/White/T. Jones, TOR pick, DAL pick, and salary relief with no bad contracts going back to Orlando.

The Toronto pick by itself is better than what Orlando received.

Again were they really going to give up all that? It's been said already that Orlando wanted both cap relief and young players and Houston wasn't willing to give up both especially for what was going to be a rental. Also lol Brook Lopez at the max and all those unprotected late 20 draft picks was just as good of a haul. And here's the thing with Humphries, he wasn't even signed then. He would of had to agree to another 1 year deal.

Omega

Banned
amazing how orlando is the one that trades for protected second round draft picks and somehow the knicks are brought into it.

never change gaf

My post isn't about whether or not Isiah was horrible. Its about how Isiah operates. Isiah would not trade Dwight Howard for role players and second rounders. Isiah would want guys back that have all star potential. They could be criminals, assholes, lazy, or retarded, but as long as they have allstar potential he would be willing to take them. Isiah would have wanted picks that could possibly be lotto picks and Bynum for Howard. And if he couldn't get Bynum he would have wanted a trading partner like Detroit so that he could get a guy like Drummond and some of Detroit's crap young players that people think still have a little allstar potential in them like Day(who is garbage).

He would hang up the phone if a team offered him role players for Howard.

And this should shut people up that still believe the lock out happened to stop these super teams. ROFL.

Isiah wouldnt have a choice. Put him in the same position as Hennigan and the same shit happens (if not worse, Isiah would probably trade Dwight for a Vince Carter and them immediately give him a max extension or some stupid shit). Hennigan was backed into a corner by the situation that Dwight and the Orlando front office created with their stupidity in the year before. He was going to get a shit deal no matter what. Don't act like Isiah "laughing stock of GMs" Thomas would have worked some magic and done any better.

Pimpwerx

Starting Ty and Kobe again? How many minutes will Chandler be able to play before he's in foul trouble? How many bricks will Kobe...well, he made one already. Maybe he won't suck balls today. PEACE.

8ULPR.png
AHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

Anyone, can't believe this actually happened. Red Blaster post, yet?

I'm gonna miss Bynum. I was pretty much the only Lakers-age member that wanted him on the team. In many ways, I was hoping he'd be the new Kobe in that a player I watch from the beginning to the end of his career in a Lakers uni. But for Howard, you give him up in an instant. I hope Bynum continues to be an all-star and all-nba player and I'll be keeping track of him on Philly or wherever he is.

Can't believe Mitch pulled this trade off after getting Nash. Unreal. And Duhon's contract will be a great expiring next season for the Lakers. What a coup.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
If only the Knicks hadn't been run by the worst GM nearly a decade, a terrible owner, then perhaps they too could enjoy the success that the Lakers have enjoyed.

For some reason teams don't grab their ankles and think long thoughts when the knicks try to trade with them.... Its that Laker Charm I guess.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Red Blaster is still banned.

Its probably for the best cuz dude would be going ham right now

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I'm gonna miss Bynum. I was pretty much the only Lakers-age member that wanted him on the team. In many ways, I was hoping he'd be the new Kobe in that a player I watch from the beginning to the end of his career in a Lakers uni. But for Howard, you give him up in an instant. I hope Bynum continues to be an all-star and all-nba player and I'll be keeping track of him on Philly or wherever he is.

Watch your mouth, son.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Red Blaster is still banned.

Its probably for the best cuz dude would be going ham right now

He posted once so he saw the news. But he would be by far the saltiest one here. I'm sure his anger would also be directed at me and he would quote my tag again :lol.

Watch your mouth, son.

haha, you're right. You were there with me, too. But with how much some of these guys were trashing him, you got lost in the shuffle.

Favorite Bynum moment was still when he did that spin move on Shaq and dunk as a rookie. Also loved game 7 versus Boston how he fought through that, then his embraced with Pau when the game was over.

There with ya. I loved Michael Ansley as much as Nick Anderson. I went to the first preseason game against Detroit when we beat the defending champs. Had a Magic license plate. Realized a dream come true when I finally had a good paying enough job to get season tix and was treated to T-Mac's BS season as a thank you. I know this shit happens as part of sports and you have to get bad before you get better but usually you give your fanbase hope with all the rooks and draft picks you get back. You give your fan base hope. There is none here.

Seriously? It will take several years for you to be good again, but it's about the journey not the destination.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Woj said:

So either Morey backed out after Dwight and his agent confirmed his preferred destination or Orlando thought they could get cute and up the ante even more, since it seems clear they waited this long in an attempt to get a Melo type deal for Dwight.

Shadowlark's ban needs to end......someone needs to pull up his old posts saying D12 to LA would never happen.

He already had a pre meltdown. He'd be walking right into another ban with it being offcial :lol.

charsace

Isiah wouldnt have a choice. Put him in the same position as Hennigan and the same shit happens (if not worse, Isiah would probably trade Dwight for a Vince Carter and them immediately give him a max extension or some stupid shit). Hennigan was backed into a corner by the situation that Dwight and the Orlando front office created with their stupidity in the year before. He was going to get a shit deal no matter what. Don't act like Isiah "laughing stock of GMs" Thomas would have worked some magic and done any better.

You don't know how Isiah works at all do you? He would not take on any player for Dwight that he considers old(28 or older). Isiah would shit on Dwight in the media and do everything to make life hard for him like he did to players on the Knicks that betrayed him. He would have been spiteful based on the way Dwight treated Orlando. The season where Isiah was coaching he went after Marbury and destroyed what little confidence McCurry had.

There's a reason why guys that played against Isiah and some guys that were his teammates hated him; Isiah is an asshole of the highest order. Not just an, "I'm the best of all time," asshole, he's a, "you said what to me, I'm gonna kill you," type of asshole. He would demand a package that he likes which would mean young players with potential or he would let Dwight walk and sign for less with some team that he didn't want to sign with. Hell, even if Dwight didn't treat Isiah like shit like he's treated Orlando Isiah would probably still screw him in some way because Isiah is a bitter little shithead.

Omega

Banned
Nocioni just keeps blatantly throwing his shoulder into people.

first with kobe on that fast break, and just there on lebron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom