• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread

Banned
I swear it's like the NBA wants 75% of its fans pissed off

denver and philly should be ashamed of themselves for helping mitch take advantage of a down syndrome child

hennigan was caught on camera celebrating his first blockbuster trade
TYep1.gif

chizmiz

Banned
We're gonna suprise some people.
Lin / Douglas / Machado
Martin / Lamb
Parsons / White / Morris
Patterson / Jones
Asik / Donuts

Add to that two lottery picks and 30 million in cap space next summer. Maybe Bynum doesn't work out in Philly.

Surprise who? This roster is abysmal. Are we supposed to look at it and think that it has talent, or that it's balanced? It's a clusterfuck.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
lol

They lost Scola, Lowry, Dragic, Dalembert, Budinger, and Lee. They replaced them with Asik, Lin, and a bunch of rookies. They are going to suck hard this year.

Not sure why everybody is willing to write off Lin as some fluke, I think the dropoff between Dragic/Lowry and Lin will end up being minimal at worst.

Budinger was an average wing, Dalembert and Lee, really? Non-factors. Asik is a nice add and I expect some decent play out of some of their young guys, really looking forward to watching Donuts.

They're not going to be great but they have much better actual NBA talent and much better young talent than the likes of both Orlando and Charlotte. No way they are even close to being that bad.

Obviously my statement didn't apply to every Lakers fan. I would have a lot more respect for someone if they just said, "yeah, I know that superstar on my team is a complete egomaniac, but I don't really care as long as he is awesome on the court."

It's not like the guy he's replacing is super likeable either. At worst it's a wash of assholery.

Not sure why everybody is willing to write off Lin as some fluke, I think the dropoff between Dragic/Lowry and Lin will end up being minimal at worst.

Budinger was an average wing, Dalembert and Lee, really? Non-factors. Asik is a nice add and I expect some decent play out of some of their young guys, really looking forward to watching Donuts.

They're not going to be great but they have much better actual NBA talent and much better young talent than the likes of both Orlando and Charlotte. No way they are even close to being that bad.

Basing an argument about the idea that Lin is as good as Lowry is a very bad premise. And while Motiejunas is talented, he's incredibly inefficient and a horrible defender as of right now.

I swear it's like the NBA wants 75% of its fans pissed off

denver and philly should be ashamed of themselves for helping mitch take advantage of a down syndrome child

hennigan was caught on camera celebrating his first blockbuster trade
TYep1.gif
I don't get what the point of helping a superteam form is. Denver basically guarantees that they won't be able to compete with anyone in the West with this trade, regardless of their addition here.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't get what the point of helping a superteam form is. Denver basically guarantees that they won't be able to compete with anyone in the West with this trade, regardless of their addition here.

I don't think that's true. This isn't some decade long assembly of talent like OKC - this Laker team, as is, has a two year window or so. By that time, Denver, and a lot of other teams will be on the up and up.

Except the Clippers, Miami, and New York. Those teams are fucked.

Lol...

Mitch just shitting on every GM in the league.

Also hmmm y not?

Isn't Meeks' strength in his shooting? Would make sense if so. Still his arrival would mean Glock to the Dleagie most likely. Wonder it they will amnesty Blake now. They can't carry Blake, Duhon, and Morris all on the roster, can they?

Angels .. LA ... lol. The clippers are 10x more LA than the Angels every will be.

and the angels will be 10x more successful then the clippers and dodgers ever will be.
you know this is true. it is the law of sports naturale.
every sports town has to have a shitty franchise.
for la, its the clippers and doyers.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

It's a super team that will only last 2 years tops. Nash and Kobe are old as fuck. And I wouldn't assume its a 100% lock Dwight stays in LA to begin with.

Nuggets go from Lawson/Afflalo/Gallo/Nene/Mozgov to Lawson/Iggy/Gallo/Faried/McGee in under 6 months and save tens of millions of dollars while doing so. Iggy in Karl's system will do wonder, and I think they're ripe to upset some team this year in the playoffs.

It'd be sweet if it was the Lakers.

I don't think that's true. This isn't some decade long assembly of talent like OKC - this Laker team, as is, has a two year window or so. By that time, Denver, and a lot of other teams will be on the up and up.

Except the Clippers, Miami, and New York. Those teams are fucked.

Eh, in two years when Kobe, Pau, Nash fall off the books, we will just *retool*.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Maybe the owner plans to move the team? Why else would he pass up on picks and good young talent from the Rockettes for a role player and a chucker?

They just finished a brand new arena.

Which makes this situation even more hilarious.
Eh, in two years when Kobe, Pau, Nash fall off the books, we will just *retool*.

This part of the conversation isn't about about you, Lakers-age~

KingGondo

Banned
Nuggets weren't winning shit before, and the Lakers were probably getting Dwight anyways.

Might as well better your own team for basically nothing.

Fox318

We're gonna suprise some people.
Lin / Douglas / Machado
Martin / Lamb
Parsons / White / Morris
Patterson / Jones
Asik / Donuts

Add to that two lottery picks and 30 million in cap space next summer. Maybe Bynum doesn't work out in Philly.

Tony D revenge insure a lottery pick for the rockets next year.

NAa8C.jpg

We're gonna suprise some people. Lin / Douglas / Machado
Martin / Lamb
Parsons / White / Morris
Patterson / Jones
Asik / Donuts

Outside of Asik and Martin you're still going to be relying on guys who have been in the league less than 3 years. That is never a recipe for a high win total. You're set up perfectly for the future though. Morey has done a pretty good job rebuilding so far if you ask me.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Isn't Meeks' strength in his shooting? Would make sense if so. Still his arrival would mean Glock to the Dleagie most likely. Wonder it they will amnesty Blake now. They can't carry Blake, Duhon, and Morris all on the roster, can they?

Amnesty deadline this season has long since passed unless i'm mistaken. And yeah Meeks fills our need of a backup 2 that's young and can shoot the 3. Yeah I think Duhon or Morris will have to be gone somehow. Since I presume Blake is the best of the worst of those 3.

He made his team better by a lot and freed up a bunch of money. Worrying about how it effects other teams is stupid. I hate when teams worry about trading players within their division for that same reason. Denver probably figured Dwight was gonna end up in LA one way or the other why not help themselves too?

Nelo Ice

Banned
He made his team better by a lot and freed up a bunch of money. Worrying about how it effects other teams is stupid. I hate when teams worry about trading players within their division for that same reason. Denver probably figured Dwight was gonna end up in LA one way or the other why not help themselves too?

Something something don't help the Lakers.

Omega

Banned
I just read the last two pages or so to catch up..

I had no idea you could even protect a second round pick. I'm at a loss for words. That's embarassing..

i hope someone recorded the negotiations and put it on youtube or something, it must be amazing.

i picture it being more one-sided than that Family Guy episode were Peter created Petoria and Mayor West didn't even let him get a generic ballpoint pen in the negotiation.

charsace

They just finished a brand new arena.

Which makes this situation even more hilarious.

This part of the conversation isn't about about you, Lakers-age~

Maybe the Orlando owner is being blackmaled? Because I'm not understanding why this trade went down? If I was a fan I would be mad. You trade your best asset and get nothing back. Dolan jumped in and overpaid, but he got Carmelo back. The Magic give up a player who is probably the most valuable player in the league in regards to trade value and get back literally nothing. If it was me I would be rallying for fans to burn down the stadium. Or I would seriously be considering becoming a heat fan right now.

Outside of Asik and Martin you're still going to be relying on guys who have been in the league less than 3 years. That is never a recipe for a high win total. You're set up perfectly for the future though. Morey has done a pretty good job rebuilding so far if you ask me.

Oh we're not making the playoffs, but that's okay because we're not gonna win it this year anyways. But the future is bright.

Keep dreaming. Shoot for 15.

That works for me too. I want to stay in the top 3 come lottery time.

I'd say the dropoff from having two proven players at PG to a relative unknown in Lin is substantial. 82 games is a long season, having proven depth is crucial. Dealbert and Lee are also proven bench players. Lamb, Jones, and Donatus are probably going to be better players in the future; but they're not better right now. Houstin is going to be right there in the mix with us for second worst record in the leage, book it.

Maybe the Orlando owner is being blackmaled? Because I'm not understanding why this trade went down? If I was a fan I would be mad. You trade your best asset and get nothing back. Dolan jumped in and overpaid, but he got Carmelo back. The Magic give up a player who is probably the most valuable player in the league in regards to trade value and get back literally nothing. If it was me I would be rallying for fans to burn down the stadium. Or I would seriously be considering becoming a heat fan right now.
aliens. gotta be aliens.

Amnesty deadline this season has long since passed unless i'm mistaken. And yeah Meeks fills our need of a backup 2 that's young and can shoot the 3. Yeah I think Duhon or Morris will have to be gone somehow. Since I presume Blake is the best of the worst of those 3.

How hilarious would it be if Mitch traded Blake somewhere for an unprotected 2nd rounder?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I will say one thing about the Magic as a fan, I'm glad they actually have the balls to have a press conference explaining why they did what they did.

If this was the Knicks they wouldn't say a damn word. Like how Lin went from the starting PG to being shipped out of town because the owner couldn't take being played.

That said I don't think I can stomach watching that press conference in 10 minutes.

I will say one thing about the Magic as a fan, I'm glad they actually have the balls to have a press conference explaining why they did what they did.

If this was the Knicks they wouldn't say a damn word. Like how Lin went from the starting PG to being shipped out of town because the owner couldn't take being played.

That said I don't think I can stomach watching that press conference in 10 minutes.

Do it.

It will clear your soul...

plus I need details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom