• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4hI0S.jpg

It's been months since I've seen this, but the shit is still glorious.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I'm thinking for Kevin Love. Would benefit both Minnesota and LA. Love can play at home and Pau could be a mentor to Rubio.

This only happens cause Khan is stupid and/or Adelman isn't there. If Adelman is there they keep him to 2015 and move him out the conference.... Hopefully to NY.

Hopefully Love comes with Bill Laimbeer to be the NYK's new Big Man coach

Omega

Banned
Wait 2k13 uses the shot stick as the shitty live iso dribble stick? Send Wang back to EA/elite and let him try and save that shithole instead of ruin 2k god damn.

is this for real?

this might be more annoying than them changing how you post up every year for absolutely no reason.

Puddles

Banned
It still blows my mind that we turned one shit season and the #10 pick that year into the 26 year old best center in the game who we can rebuild around once Mamba is done.

The fucking #10 pick!

whatever, have fun when lebron signs with the lakers in the summer of 2014

fucking kill me if that EVER happens

If LeBron somehow became a Laker, I would switch to the Clippers until Crab retired.

I'm tired of 2k changing the control scheme. But I do welcome the addition of the manual bounce pass

Now I don't have to pray and hope that my entry passes into the post aren't stopped by some bullshit

i'm excited for Dwight but I liked the Nash press conference much more. he was all about the championship and the ring, and Dwight just seems like he's along for the ride and having 'fun' till he can land a huge contract or something..

i'm excited for Dwight but I liked the Nash press conference much more. he was all about the championship and the ring, and Dwight just seems like he's along for the ride and having 'fun' till he can land a huge contract or something..

He wants to win but he hasnt been around long enough for winning to be the be all, end all that it is for Nash.

Reinsdorf is not pretending to give a fuck:

"(General manager) Gar Forman has done a great job of turning over the bench," Reinsdorf said. "We lost most of our so-called 'Bench Mob.' But if you look at the numbers, the bench actually has the potential to be more productive than the old guys.

"We still have Joakim (Noah) and Luol (Deng) and Taj (Gibson) and Carlos (Boozer). I think we're going to be a pretty decent team without Derrick. Will we win a championship? I doubt that very seriously, but if we can hang in there and get to the playoffs and if Derrick comes back, who knows? We might be there at the end."

Puddles

Banned
He wants to win but he hasnt been around long enough for winning to be the be all, end all that it is for Nash.

As much as I hated the Suns during the wilderness years, I've always loved Nash as a player.

To see him win a long-deserved chip while wearing the purple and gold would be amazing.

I agree with Blackmamba, Bynum gave a lot and played hurt to help LA chip. He was a huge asshole, but so is Dwight.

To be fair to Clovis and Ninja, neither wanted Bynum around long term for a while now. Nothing revisionist about their stances.

Carmelo Anthony has been a man possessed in the Olympics.

He’s scoring 48.2 points per 48 minutes in the Olympics despite never averaging more than 36.3 points per 48 minutes in any of his nine NBA seasons.

Only one player in NBA history has averaged as many points per 48 minutes in an NBA season as Carmelo is averaging in the Olympics. That was Wilt Chamberlain (49.8) in 1961-62.

He's making over eight 3-pointers per 48 minutes. He's never made as many as two 3-pointers per 48 minutes in an NBA season. The most 3-pointers per 48 minutes in a season in NBA history is 5.3 by J.R. Smith in 2007-08.

Keep in mind the FIBA 3-point line is more than a foot and a half closer than the NBA 3-point line.

But even if Carmelo was playing without a 3-point line and every basket counted as two points, he'd still be averaging 39.9 points per 48 minutes, which would still be more than every player in the NBA last season and 13th-most all-time.

Sure, one can argue the competition in the Olympics doesn't compare to the NBA. But Carmelo is averaging nearly 13 more points per 48 minutes than any other USA player. Every other USA player is around or below their per 48 minutes average from last season.

Why has been Carmelo been so efficient offensively?

He's shooting 53 percent on jump shots, tops of any Olympian with at least 25 attempts.

During the 2011-12 NBA season, he shot 35 percent on jump shots, which ranked 32nd of 37 players with at least 400 attempts.

Similarly, Carmelo has drastically improved on guarded catch-and-shoot jumpers the last couple seasons. His percentage skyrocketed from 29 in 2009-10 to 47 last season, which ranked 5th of the 134 players with at least 50 attempts. Giving extra value to 3-pointers, he had the 3rd-highest effective field-goal percentage of those same 134 players.

Maybe he's shooting so well because he's getting a ton of open shots? Not really. Only 35 percent of his catch-and-shoot jumpers have been unguarded in the Olympics. In the 2011-12 NBA season, more than half of his catch-and-shoot jumpers were unguarded. But he shot just 28 percent on those shots last season, which ranked 194th of 199 players with at least 50 attempts.

Perhaps the real reason Carmelo's been so efficient offensively in the Olympics is because he's scored his points within the flow of the offense. Last season, more than a third of his plays were isolation. He’s been the most efficient isolation player in the Olympics. But only 14 percent of his plays have been isolation.

Instead, more than half of Carmelo's points have come on transition and spot-up plays. Thirty percent of his points have come from catch-and-jumpers in the Olympics, whereas only 12 percent of his points were scored that way last NBA season.

If Carmelo can find easier ways to score other than isolation, the Knicks could reap the benefits of his best NBA season yet.

That Olympic resurgence.

Puddles

Banned
I agree with Blackmamba, Bynum gave a lot and played hurt to help LA chip. He was a huge asshole, but so is Dwight.

To be fair to Clovis and Ninja, neither wanted Bynum around long term for a while now. Nothing revisionist about their stances.

Bynum's knee injury convinced Mitch to pull the trigger on the Pau trade, so as far as I'm concerned, Drew was directly responsible for those two chips.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I don't think the Lakers won't win the Finals this year. As we've seen in the past, adding random players to form a superstar team doesn't produce results right away. It took the Heat a year to do it. The 04 Lakers failed with 2 HoF ring chasers.

I think all this super team shit is going to kill the league. Soon it's going to be like 10 teams with a starting 5 that all have been all stars at least once. The rest of the league will become farm teams where they draft future stars, develop, then trade them away.

Fans will become disengaged with their team never breaking the glass celling and stop showing up. Team loses money and fold.

The only man that can stop this from happening is

tb0kN.jpg

I don't think the Lakers won't win the Finals this year. As we've seen in the past, adding random players to form a superstar team doesn't produce results right away. It took the Heat a year to do it. The 04 Lakers failed with 2 HoF ring chasers.

I think all this super team shit is going to kill the league. Soon it's going to be like 10 teams with a starting 5 that all have been all stars at least once. The rest of the league will become farm teams where they draft future stars, develop, then trade them away.

Fans will become disengaged with their team never breaking the glass celling and stop showing up. Team loses money and fold.

tb0kN.jpg

Sit your pessimistic ass down.

tb0kN.jpg

Shouldn't you be burning an American flags somewhere?

Nelo Ice

Banned

http://i.imgur.com/tb0kN.jpg

tZSS7.png

http://i.imgur.com/tb0kN.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]

so.....you're saying the lakers will win a championship with this squad.
great!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
so.....you're saying the lakers will win a championship with this squad.
great!

probably in a year or 2 if everybody sticks around.

I don't hate the Lakers or nothing like that for pulling this off. They're working within the same rules as the rest of the league. I'm just not liking where this trend is heading to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom