• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is my current favourite RealGM Raptor board signature.

SPLo5.jpg

HenryHSH

smfh

And here comes the revisionist history.

In the finals?

2010: 7.4 PPG shooting .452% and 5.1 RPG.
2009: 6.0 PPG shooting .364% and 4.2 RPG.

So yeah, he didn't exactly win them chips.

Sorry if I'm not too high on someone that missed over 2 seasons worth of games and acts like an arrogant prick.

But you know, Lakers fans and all that...

The last time I checked, my name isn't Pat Riley

Nobody ended shit. You guys are just pointing at something that I had no matter with

Nelo Ice

Banned
The last time I checked, my name isn't Pat Riley

Nobody ended shit. You guys are just pointing at something that I had no matter with

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/news/2003/04/11/heat_jordan_ap/
"In honor of your greatness and for all you've done for the game of basketball -- and not just the NBA, but for all the fans around the world -- we want to honor you tonight and hang your jersey, No. 23, from the rafters," Riley said at midcourt. "No one will ever wear No. 23 for the Miami Heat. You're the best." Jordan then hugged Riley and waved to the crowd.

It was the first jersey the Heat have retired in their 15-year history.

I'm not going to partake in the Bynum bashing. Fuck Laker fans who do this.

Bynum was instrumental in both title runs. Yeah, the first one he didn't put up much numbers, but his presence on the floor allowed Pau to play 15mpg at PF which gave him a decided advantage and kept Pau fresher, especially for when he had to go up against Dwight.

The 2nd title run speaks for itself playing on a badly hurt knee.

Was he a bit immature? Yes. So fucking what? He produced on the floor, didn't he? Lakers lost 2 years ago and Bynum was arguably the best Laker in that series versus Dallas, but the team was flat out tired ater 3 title runs. Last year they simply didn't have enough total firepower, were tired from being overplayed, and OKC matched up real well with 'em. Let's not scapegoat Bynum.

Especially after the years of BIG SEXY and whatnot y'all partook in.

I will continue to root for Andrew and am grateful for what he brought in the past to the team.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Wait 2k13 uses the shot stick as the shitty live iso dribble stick? Send Wang back to EA/elite and let him try and save that shithole instead of ruin 2k god damn.

It doesn't matter. He's a part of Lakers history. You would prefer that they pretend he doesn't exist now?

I already said that I didn't consider the angle you brought up and that I changed my mind. Still doesn't change the fact that he's never played a home game in LA, but me saying it suddenly it made everyone GET UP IN ARMS LOL RILEY RETIRED JORDAN!!! It's just these other fools on their high horse gang banging mob mentality

You don't even know what salt is

Bynum was instrumental in both title runs. Yeah, the first one he didn't put up much numbers, but his presence on the floor allowed Pau to play 15mpg at PF which gave him a decided advantage and kept Pau fresher, especially for when he had to go up against Dwight.

Was he a bit immature? Yes. So fucking what? He produced on the floor, didn't he? Lakers lost 2 years ago and Bynum was arguably the best Laker in that series versus Dallas, but the team was flat out tired ater 3 title runs. Last year they simply didn't have enough total firepower, were tired from being overplayed, and OKC matched up real well with 'em. Let's not scapegoat Bynum.

I will continue to root for Andrew and am grateful for what he brought in the past to the team.
I agree with this.

I already said that I didn't consider the angle you brought up and that I changed my mind. Still doesn't change the fact that he's never played a home game in LA, but me saying it suddenly it made everyone GET UP IN ARMS LOL RILEY RETIRED JORDAN!!! It's just these other fools on their high horse gang banging mob mentality

You don't even know what salt is

I know youre salty

linsivvi

Because it's very stupid to even suggest "Let's remove this great player's jersey from the rafter just because your franchise have moved to another city". It's to honor one of the greatest players who put the league on the map. Who cares if he's never played in LA? The point is to recognize his contribution to basketball and to the Laker franchise.

The way cloving and others are acting is despicable.

HenryHSH

I honestly think he started to shine in the 10-11 season, so I won't argue with him being the best player against Dallas. And he played his best season yet this year, but to say that he won us championships is an exaggeration.
He played his part, but he was not the reason the Lakers won. Lamar and Pau were amazing in the frontcourt.

Wait 2k13 uses the shot stick as the shitty live iso dribble stick? Send Wang back to EA/elite and let him try and save that shithole instead of ruin 2k god damn.

I think the article they posted up mentions using a trigger or bumper to use the right stick for shooting. I can't remember.

Man, just thinkin over it, this season is gonna be BALLIN. Lakers and Mavs have completely changed their teams, Heat got Ray, Celts got the Jet on the runway, 76ers got Bynum, Denver got AI, Hornets got Davis and Rivers, Suns gave away their franchise pg for a Beasley future, Brandon Roy makin a come back to the Timberwolves .. and FThunder got Thabeet

Oh and the Magic got Afflalo

Darkman M

I wont pretend im sad to see Bynum go, never was a big fan although he started to play better in 10-11 seasons. all of this is before Dwight was ever even a thought.

I honestly think he started to shine in the 10-11 season, so I won't argue with him being the best player against Dallas. And he played his best season yet this year, but to say that he won us championships is an exaggeration.
He played his part, but he was not the reason the Lakers won. Lamar and Pau were amazing in the frontcourt.

I didn't say he won us titles anywhere. I said he was instrumental. Obviously, Kobe Pau and Odom were more important in each run.

Man, just thinkin over it, this season is gonna be BALLIN. Lakers and Mavs have completely changed their teams, Heat got Ray, Celts got the Jet on the runway, 76ers got Bynum, Denver got AI, Hornets got Davis and Rivers, Suns gave away their franchise pg for a Beasley future, Brandon Roy makin a come back to the Timberwolves .. and FThunder got Thabeet

you left out "watching Arron Afflalo #1 option"

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi

hear, hear!

I was an ardent Bynum supporter over the years and that wont change all of a sudden. I'll definitely be watching a hell of a lot more 6'er games this year. That' for damn sure.

I wasn't sad in the least bit to see him go though, considering, ya know.. we got DWIGHT FUCKING HOWARD

I was one of the more vocal "trade Bynum" people here, but it had more to do with not wanting to be locked into a max contract with him. I think he's a good player but not a franchise player and not worth that much money.

I was one of the more vocal "trade Bynum" people here, but it had more to do with not wanting to be locked into a max contract with him. I think he's a good player but not a franchise player and not worth that much money.

time to start the "Trade Pau for Melo" bandwagon as well

Melo at the 4 with Dwight doesn't sound that crazy

time to start the "Trade Pau for Melo" bandwagon as well

no point now. THe whole point of "Drew for Melo" was to resign Melo to a 3 year deal, and then have a 3 year core of Kobe/Melo/Pau and then blow it up. It was all about now having Bynum sitting there on our cap making $20 million a year once Kobe and Pau are gone.

no point now. THe whole point of "Drew for Melo" was to resign Melo to a 3 year deal, and then have a 3 year core of Kobe/Melo/Pau and then blow it up. It was all about now having Bynum sitting there on our cap making $20 million a year once Kobe and Pau are gone.

whatever, have fun when lebron signs with the lakers in the summer of 2014

fucking kill me if that EVER happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom