• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I'm about to reinstall Dragon Age Origins. Bioware got off to such a great start with their original plan of Mass Effect being their casual RPG and Dragon Age being their hardcore game. Then they fucked up everything for whatever reason. I've played a lot of PC RPG's in my time. Games like Betrayal at Krondor, SSI gold box, Neverwinter Nights MMO, Fallout 1 and 2, etc. and that Dragon Age was a great start for a hardcore RPG series. And it sold really damn well. Better than ME. And then they decided to fuck the whole thing up by making it a casual RPG.

Does anyone know why Bioware did this?

Bioware now isnt the Bioware you remember. Bioware is EA. That should clear it up

Nelo Ice

Banned
Have you played 2k with Nash/Howard on the team?

Its awesome, PnRs with Pau and Howard and then when Nash sits it's Kome mode til he's back. And even whenever nash was blown-by by wade or metta by Bron Dwight was there to fuck their shit up. It was beautiful

I wish I picked up the PC version now but I'll get it later or just wait for 2K13 since my attention span is usually short with well any sports game lol. But yeah I'm sure it's a dream right now playing with that roster. Our roster is a freaking 2k franchise mode team come true.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I really hope we get late season Metta back. Dude was playing his best ball since being here. If he is.. my god....

I hope Meeks and Jamison don't suddenly forget how to shoot wide the fuck open 3's when they get here either. So sick of seeing that shit over the years...

HenryHSH

I missed the finals due to getting hammered last night.... :'(

Also, the Ultimate Mod Pack for NBA 2k12 was updated to include the Dwight Howard trade. (Not sure there's a 2k12 specific thread so...)

Ultimate ModPack UBRV26 (+93,95,98,99,07 Seasons) -Upd. 8/11
Includes over 250 retro teams and 5 retro seasons. Every draft class from 1989 to present.
Download | Video Preview

If you have the PC version of 2k12 you need to check this out.

Fox318

I'm just saying. Every once in a while an article pops up and talks about how the white American basketball player is going extinct. It would really help basketball if a white American had success in the NBA.

I honestly believed that that has just as much to do with other sports.

All y'all are funny. Keep buying 2K's trash and then complain when they don't fix the trash. smh. Why do you even put yourselves through this? Have you not learned anything from the last few years? They will talk about all of these new features, how they redid the netcode, how it's going to be AWESOME and what will happen? It will be screwed up from day one and then instead of fixing it they will claim they are hard at work for 2014 so they can't let resources go to fixing the issues with the current version. It's the same song and dance every year and every year you folks fall for it.

charsace

Bioware now isnt the Bioware you remember. Bioware is EA. That should clear it up

I would like to think EA isn't dumb enough to take one of their best sellers and radically change it, there by killing the fan base. DAO did over 5mill in sales and DA2 did less.

And am I the only one that likes pre-patch 2k11 more than NBA 2k12?

I honestly believed that that has just as much to do with other sports.

Care to expand on this?

T Dollarz

I missed the finals due to getting hammered last night.... :'(

Also, the Ultimate Mod Pack for NBA 2k12 was updated to include the Dwight Howard trade. (Not sure there's a 2k12 specific thread so...)

Ultimate ModPack UBRV26 (+93,95,98,99,07 Seasons) -Upd. 8/11
Includes over 250 retro teams and 5 retro seasons. Every draft class from 1989 to present.
Download | Video Preview

If you have the PC version of 2k12 you need to check this out.

Holy fucking shit. It's some bull shit that my PC won't run this game properly. I just bought it this year with dedicated GeForce 610m graphics card... And I still can't get a good FPS mark... Any advice?

h3ro

All y'all are funny. Keep buying 2K's trash and then complain when they don't fix the trash. smh. Why do you even put yourselves through this? Have you not learned anything from the last few years? They will talk about all of these new features, how they redid the netcode, how it's going to be AWESOME and what will happen? It will be screwed up from day one and then instead of fixing it they will claim they are hard at work for 2014 so they can't let resources go to fixing the issues with the current version. It's the same song and dance every year and every year you folks fall for it.

Be like me, Clovis.

Play Torchlight on XBLA.

We're going to buy it this year when the leagues work again and actually give you customization options!

Yeah I said it

No but I wasn't kidding about recycling 2k12's user rosters. Whoever makes these have been very, very impressive. Hopefully they don't completely abandon 2k12 if 2k13 is a shitshow

We're going to buy it this year when the leagues work again and actually give you customization options!

Yeah I said it

irpGtBR5zdSoA.gif

Also, one reason I am excited for next gen to arrive is so we can get rid of these HORRIBLE ANGULAR BOXY TRASH LOOKING visuals for NBA games. My goodness.

Fox318

I would like to think EA isn't dumb enough to take one of their best sellers and radically change it, there by killing the fan base. DAO did over 5mill in sales and DA2 did less.

And am I the only one that likes pre-patch 2k11 more than NBA 2k12?

Care to expand on this?
Don't you feel that a lot of other sports have gotten semi popular over the last couple of years like lacrosse.

As far as people talking about white American players dieing out I'd say that baseball has a similar problem with black american players dieing out.

HenryHSH

The $10 I paid for 2k12 was definitely worth it. Vanilla NBA 2k is trash and it's the main reason why I never buy these games at launch anymore. But once you mod the hell out of it, it's a different beast.

You got the roster mods, retro, fiba, college, etc. Graphical mods with higher textures and insanely accurate faces [link]. Courts, jerseys, shoes, ESPN presentation, TNT, etc, etc...

Holy fucking shit. It's some bull shit that my PC won't run this game properly. I just bought it this year with dedicated GeForce 610m graphics card... And I still can't get a good FPS mark... Any advice?

I know this sounds stupid, but did you try lowering your graphics?
Turn off Anti Aliasing, lower arena, texture quality and floor reflections.

edit: Your card is very low end, sadly. Might want to even lower the resolution but keep the same aspect ratio to get it running.

T Dollarz

The $10 I paid for 2k12 was definitely worth it. Vanilla NBA 2k is trash and it's the main reason why I never buy these games at launch anymore. But once you mod the hell out of it, it's a different beast.

You got the roster mods, retro, fiba, college, etc. Graphical mods with higher textures and insanely accurate faces [link]. Courts, jerseys, shoes, ESPN presentation, TNT, etc, etc...

I know this sounds stupid, but did you try lowering your graphics?
Turn off Anti Aliasing, lower arena, texture quality and floor reflections.

Actually yeah, I have. It doesn't even make a difference. You know the bull shit thing? It worked fine at first, and then slowly after playing a few weeks the game got so slow it became unplayable...

HenryHSH

Huh, weird. I know long sessions could affect your card's performance, but this sounds different. You'll get better help in the PC thread, but try lowering resolution and see if that works as a temporary quick fix.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I'm about to reinstall Dragon Age Origins. Bioware got off to such a great start with their original plan of Mass Effect being their casual RPG and Dragon Age being their hardcore game. Then they fucked up everything for whatever reason. I've played a lot of PC RPG's in my time. Games like Betrayal at Krondor, SSI gold box, Neverwinter Nights MMO, Fallout 1 and 2, etc. and that Dragon Age was a great start for a hardcore RPG series. And it sold really damn well. Better than ME. And then they decided to fuck the whole thing up by making it a casual RPG.

Does anyone know why Bioware did this?

Because EA told them to and yes, EA is that dumb. I would know.

The best part about all those rosters is all the retro jerseys they have AND the old court design

I made a fantasy draft with all the "all-time teams"...I have one roster that has this team

Isiah Thomas
Ray Allen
Larry Bird
Dirk Nowitzki
Hakeem Olajuwon

Earl Monroe
Dennis Rodman
Shawn Marion
Lamar Odom
Robert Horry
Sam Cassell
Bryant Motherfucking Reeves

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The best part about all those rosters is all the retro jerseys they have AND the old court design

I made a fantasy draft with all the "all-time teams"...I have one roster that has this team

Isiah Thomas
Ray Allen
Larry Bird
Dirk Nowitzki
Hakeem Olajuwon

Earl Monroe
Dennis Rodman
Shawn Marion
Lamar Odom
Robert Horry
Sam Cassell

And yet, you'd still lose to me

charsace

You should edit your post man. Don't get yourself in trouble.

Isiah Thomas
Ray Allen
Larry Bird
Dirk Nowitzki
Hakeem Olajuwon

Earl Monroe
Dennis Rodman
Shawn Marion
Lamar Odom
Robert Horry
Sam Cassell
If I gave a shit about 2k12 I would whoop your ass in it. Real bad too. RS would probably tap that too.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Just for conversation sake for Best-GAF

I think I heard it on ESPN a little while back about teams winning championships and how long it took the leagues to get just only 10 different teams to win their respectively

NFL -> 1999, New England (3) + Steelers/Giants/Broncos (2), the rest never repeated
Only 13 years

MLB -> 1995, Yankees swallowed up a few years due to their run in the late '90's to push it back, a modest 17 years

NHL -> 2001, even with '04-'05 lockout, so only 11 years

NBA -> 1979
What in the Flying Fuck?, you have to go back Thirty-Fucking-Three Years just to get 10 different teams to hold the "chip"

So is it any surprise teams never had any parity to begin with
I mean most of them are goddamn dynasties

Only 3 teams only won the chip once with-in the 33 year span

Dallas, Philly, and Seattle, everyone of the other 7 won multiple titles
Not hard to figure out the goddamn 7

I think I heard it on ESPN a little while back about teams winning championships and how long it took the leagues to get just only 10 different teams to win their respectively

NFL -> 1999, New England (3) + Steelers/Giants/Broncos (2), the rest never repeated
Only 13 years

MLB -> 1995, Yankees swallowed up a few years due to their run in the late '90's to push it back, a modest 17 years

NBA -> 1979
What in the Flying Fuck?, you have to go back Thirty-Fucking-Three Years just to get 10 different teams to hold the "chip"

Only 4 teams only won the chip once with-in the 33 year span

Dallas, Detroit, Philly, and Seattle, everyone of the other 6 won multiple titles
Not hard to figure out the goddamn 6

Detroit has won multiple chips.

Only 13 years

NBA -> 1979

Only 4 teams only won the chip once with-in the 33 year span

Dallas, Detroit, Philly, and Seattle, everyone of the other 6 won multiple titles
Not hard to figure out the goddamn 6

Which is funny how so many believe that te NBA ever had parity, at least in the modern era. The NBA is the one sport where having one star can turn around a franchise. The problem is there is a limited number of said franchise players. In the last decade I can think of 6 players drafter that are franchise players, 5 of which are still playing today, and 3 of them were drafted in the same year. Its not possible to have parity in this league.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Being an all time great means a lot more in the NBA.

Oh I know, I'm just saying to those who follow NBA a lot through this thread don't know their own leagues history, and go this corrupt league, ZOMFG parity please

If Best-GAF was around the Jordan era, I don't how much fucking salt would be in these threads
Can you imagine?

We could build fucking nations on off the saltiness of Jordan doing double three-peats

Yep. Te only way for true parity is to get rid of about 10 teams and even then...

The benches would be stacked!
10 teams lost = close to 120 spots going away
Your 11th man would be like the 2nd option on those teams

SamuraiX-

gotdayum

Did anyone else watch that that Brazil-Russia volleyball final?

Brazil goes up 2-0 in sets and is 2 points away from the gold and then Russia comes back to win it 3-2 after the coach made some absurd lineup changes.

Insane.

gotdayum

Brazil goes up 2-0 in sets and is 2 points away from the gold and then Russia comes back to win it 3-2 after the coach made some absurd lineup changes.

Insane.
Fucking Marc Gasol winning silver in two sports is impressive.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
gotdayum

Insane.

yeah, putting in the their human victory cigar cost them the first gold medal point. crazy game.

Mothman91

gotdayum

Insane.

Yeah, was intense. Can't believe they came back after that epic 3rd set.

etiolate

Banned
The superstar power is heavily influenced by the way the game is called. Fix the refs issue and you might be able to construct a championship team in different ways.

The superstar power is heavily influenced by the way the game is called. Fix the refs issue and you might be able to construct a championship team in different ways.

The league tried many rule changes to make Russell and Mikan less effective, they combined for 16 championships despite the league not being in support of them. Superstar talent just triumphs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom