• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Banned
You know who else doesnt react? the 9 other players on the floor.

Hey I get it, hes the enemy and you want to dislike him, go ahead, but to me that looks like an accident. Batum chased down one of my guys with a closed fist and half the replies here defended it, so Im aware of the crowd Im having an argument with.

maybe because they're busy watching the ball for the rebound or to see if they should get back on defense?

of course no one is going to react, they're not even looking in that area. you can't honestly be defending this shit.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You can't honestly believe this.

He doesn't even react when Melo comes down on his foot.

He knew exactly what he was doing.

Thats the main thing that convinced me it was intentional. Thats something you would atleast turn your head to if you wernt expecting someone coming down on your foot

Omega

Banned
this.

He never looked at where Melo's foot was the entire play. The hand was just a nut check. Apparently it's legal in FIBA now.

he left his foot there...

he doesn't need to look at where Melo's foot was..it's not that hard to know where to put your foot if you want to do some dirty shit. there's only once possible place he can land after all

SamuraiX-

I4V05.png

Triple U

Banned
I mean, you can tell the way the guy walks off that he knew what he was doing. He wasn't surprised at all that Melo landed on his foot. I really don't see how anybody can try to defend that shit.

Edit: yea mama beat me to it.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
maybe because they're busy watching the ball for the rebound or to see if they should get back on defense?

of course no one is going to react, they're not even looking in that area. you can't honestly be defending this shit.

Hes late to contest the shot, rushes towards him, doesnt get there in time and tries to stop himself. Real life is not a videogame so he cant stop all at once, he has this thing called momentum which makes him take an extra step. Immediately he turns to look at the shot (even before he "sticks his foot out") as do all players on the court, because thats what you do after somebody shoots, you follow the shot. Carmelo goes down and nobody notices because these things take longer than .5 seconds to notice.

I'll defend whatever I think is what happened, just like you guys do. Like I said, half this thread defended Batum a few days ago over something that left 0 doubt of it being extremely malicious, so forgive me for not going with the mob mentality that happens all the time here.

Edit: If anything I should get credit for getting all of NBA GAF to defend Carmelo.

giga

Momentum my ass. He was barely in flight to Carmelo. The arm sweep just confirms that he was trying to do shit to Melo.

Half this thread defended Batum? More bullshit.

Triple U

Banned
So RS, instead of taking a highground you would rather shamelessly defend a most obvious case of mal-intent just because of what someone else may have did in the other game. Thats a horrible demeanor.

Flash

can't tell for certain whether it was intentional but it's easier to defend this than the shit batum pulled. That guy went straight for the nuts with his fist

has bynum said anything about the trade yet?

Omega

Banned
Hes late to contest the shot, rushes towards him, doesnt get there in time and tries to stop himself. Real life is not a videogame so he cant stop all at once, he has this thing called momentum which makes him take an extra step. Immediately he turns to look at the shot (even before he "sticks his foot out") as do all players on the court, because thats what you do after somebody shoots, you follow the shot. Carmelo goes down and nobody notices because these things take longer than .5 seconds to notice.

I'll defend whatever I think is what happened, just like you guys do. Like I said, half this thread defended Batum a few days ago over something that left 0 doubt of it being extremely malicious, so forgive me for not going with the mob mentality that happens all the time here.

Edit: If anything I should get credit for getting all of NBA GAF to defend Carmelo.

you using momentum as an excuse for his dirty play is disgusting. whether his momentum did keep him going, that's fine. momentum doesn't explain why he left his foot there until Melo came down...

there's no logical reason to leave his foot there, under a jumpshooting player. try watching some more basketball games. this shit happens all the time but players actually move their feet to prevent an injury.

the fact that you're defending this simply because he plays for Spain and it happened to an American is sad.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
So RS, instead of taking a highground you would rather shamelessly defend a most obvious case of mal-intent just because of what someone else may have did in the other game. Thats a horrible demeanor.

I dont think it was obvious, that's what I'm trying to get across. I see it and think "damn, that was an unfortunate accident" you guys see it and think "fuck that guy, what an asshole"

Hell if anything Im amazed that you guys are giving this much credit to Rudy for thinking he could pull all that off in less than a second. I mean, you try to slip your foot under a guy as youre running towards him and sweep his leg with your arm all the while not getting called for it? Doing that sequence of events by accident is much more likely to happen than if you do it on purpose.

fertygo

I dont think it was obvious, that's what I'm trying to get across. I see it and think "damn, that was an unfortunate accident" you guys see it and think "fuck that guy, what an asshole"

Hell if anything Im amazed that you guys are giving this much credit to Rudy for thinking he could pull all that off in less than a second. I mean, you try to slip your foot under a guy as youre running towards him and sweep his leg with your arm all the while not getting called for it? Doing that sequence of events by accident is much more likely to happen than if you do it on purpose.

Even without that, Rudy is known scumbag anyway.

I'm watching the replay of the medal ceremony with my mom, and she asks about James Harden:

"Is that guy Muslim?"

SMH mom lol. She suspected it due to his beard

charsace

You know who else doesnt react? the 9 other players on the floor.

Hey I get it, hes the enemy and you want to dislike him, go ahead, but to me that looks like an accident. Batum chased down one of my guys with a closed fist and half the replies here defended it, so Im aware of the crowd Im having an argument with.

Wow you are honestly comparing the two? Jesus.

If melo did to rudy what rudy did to melo you would be livid right now.

Raging Spaniard

If melo did to rudy what rudy did to melo you would be livid right now.

I congratulated your team for a good victory and your first comment was asking me if Rudy was a cunt. You should learn how to be a good winner.

h3ro

Raging, I understand your reasoning and yes, you are going up against a very vocal majority in this thread. Rudy has done nothing to endear himself to anyone besides the Spanish constituency.

If he had only had made one extension of his leg, I would have passed it off as him realizing it was too late to challenge Melo's shot and extending his leg to push off to change direction to prep for the rebound.

It's the second extension and hand motion that make it a dangerous and dirty play. He misjudged the first step out and had to do it again to position his foot under Melo.

SamuraiX-

Rudy Fernandez hasn't contested a jump shot in his life.

The idea that he even cares enough about defense to close out on a shooter is insulting enough without the shameless defending of his blatant bitchass thuggery.

Raging Spaniard

You never answered. Based on what you saw of him in the Olympics do you think he's a cunt? Yes or No?

Well I don't call people cunts because I think that's a terrible word.

Im disappointed that Rudy didnt have the balls to stick with the NBA and Im disappointed that he has had a bad back for 3 years because Ariza tackled him in midair. I want him to do well because he plays the kind of offensive basketball I like to see and I do think he flops on occasion, but also think many times he flies around because he has nowhere as much muscle as the guys shoving him around.

charsace

Hey Hunter do you think the Knicks have a chance at a ring? Do you think Stoudemire plays good defense? Yes or no?

please shut the hell up

You take any chance to hate on me you idiot. I think you would be acting differently if Lebron was the one it was done to instead of Melo. You can end a guys career doing the shit Rudy did. Bruce Bowen did some serious damage to Ray Allen and Steve Francis the shit Rudy pulled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom