• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
28da629ae4f611e1a73522000a1e9ded_7.jpg

real talk I've been told I look like Swizz

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
i firmly remember us (the barons) having a better record once you left.
so basically you're the carmelo anthony of courtrivals.
yal were never as good as you were before i left

im shaq. i can talk all the shit i want - and my jersey will still be in the rafters

Mxrz

Been a few days.

Trade still seems stupid. Not even any cap relief.

Why is the NBA dying again?

I don't think I'll be able to watch the first meeting. Bad fan, etc.

Talon

Well, It died here.

But really, only four or five teams are actually making money, right? Attendance down for most teams and all that? Unless that was all just the owners trying to get a better deal.
Attendance means squat. The TV deals are the moneymakers.

J2 Cool

Reinsdorf is not pretending to give a fuck:

"(General manager) Gar Forman has done a great job of turning over the bench," Reinsdorf said. "We lost most of our so-called 'Bench Mob.' But if you look at the numbers, the bench actually has the potential to be more productive than the old guys.

"We still have Joakim (Noah) and Luol (Deng) and Taj (Gibson) and Carlos (Boozer). I think we're going to be a pretty decent team without Derrick. Will we win a championship? I doubt that very seriously, but if we can hang in there and get to the playoffs and if Derrick comes back, who knows? We might be there at the end."

Ugh. Purgatory hell. "Gar Forman has done a great job being mediocre. This is the same shit you saw in Moneyball, when the A's were super comfortable in just replacing and stabilizing their team. Although in basketball, there's really no flexibility. Have stars or lose. Such a shame, last year could have been something special. At least a 5-7 game series with the Heat. Now they're just as much conceding the title in August. Weird to see the window close on one of the younger great teams in the league just a year ago.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
It really looked like that team had a fun 2 weeks

It's like their inner Varsity High School souls unleashed

Can you imagine the smack talk each gave the other, the jokes, good lawd to be a fly on that wall

Rose would have been so awkward on this team.

He would've been injured somehow and rolling in on a wheelchair would have killed that atmosphere
Be like Team USA fulfilling a My Wish for ESPN to a boy named D. Rose

linsivvi

Well, It died here.

But really, only four or five teams are actually making money, right? Attendance down for most teams and all that? Unless that was all just the owners trying to get a better deal.

Just because you're losing interesting doesn't mean the league is dying.

Attendance remained the same despite the lock out, and has been quite stable for the past few years. Don't believe any report that claimed only a handful of teams are making money. That's purely accounting tricks by the owners to put them in a better position for negotiations during the lockout. Besides, the new deal allowed more revenue sharing between teams so it doesn't even matter as much.

FYI, the English Premier is the most popular league in the world and the league loses money too. And who cares if billionaires like Richard Devos who scammed millions of people are losing a little bit money?

KingGondo

Banned
Holy shit maybe he doesn't have the personality of an eel after all
Yeah, man.

I want to wish everyone on @USAbasketball good luck today. Bring home the gold! Wish I could be out there with you all #teamusa #olympics

Congrats @USAbasketball for getting the gold! s/o to @russwest44 @kingjames @kevinlove @kdtrey5 @cp3 and everyone on #teamusa #olympics

Downright bursting with personality, those.

lol fuck I can't even hate on lebron anymore:( he proved himself the last few months

Lets be honest, he proved himself all year. As the previous President of the HateLeBron fan club, I figured I'd be the last person in the world to give him his just due but man, he deserves it. Can't hate on him at all for his play nor how he has handled himself the last year. Let Puddles be the last person to deny him the respect he deserves.

Flash

Lets be honest, he proved himself all year. As the previous President of the HateLeBron fan club, I figured I'd be the last person in the world to give him his just due but man, he deserves it. Can't hate on him at all for his play nor how he has handled himself the last year. Let Puddles be the last person to deny him the respect he deserves.

he has always played great in the regular season, but this season the guy had a completely different demeanour that allowed him to succeed in the playoffs (and in these olympics).

he has always played great in the regular season, but this season the guy had a completely different demeanour that allowed him to succeed in the playoffs (and in these olympics).

Oh, I agree but watching him at the beginning of last season, you could tell that he was focused more than ever before. Like others have said, the only one that I just don't like on that team is Wade.

Youtube acknowledges his greatness too noticing more of this..

"if you look closely Carmelo travelled..."

This is kind of bullshit. He showed he could play all four rounds without melting down and that was important to show, but he has had some pretty incredible playoff runs with strong demeanor before this year.

nope

that is and will always continue to be puddles

you were president of the heatle fan club member honorary member of heat age whenever they decided to show up

I keep meaning to ask, who is that angel in your avatar?

This is kind of bullshit. He showed he could play all four rounds without melting down and that was important to show, but he has had some pretty incredible playoff runs with strong demeanor before this year.

*GASP*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom