• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingJ2002

Would be so much easier for the folks here if they just accepted that the Lakers will always be in contention as long as we have GM's like Jerry West and Mitch, the best city in the world, beautiful beaches, babes, and billionaires in Hollywood.

Exactly... the Lakers will always be in the Playoffs... the league needs that Laker money.

moving CP3 to the clippers is smart considering it allows them to double their dollars in LA... but if he leaves... might as well ship them out and prepare for the San Francisco Warriors to attempt to knock the lakers off the top of the pacific devision.

206c5ef1c2ef4343409f0d5aa7be336a26ba06cb.jpg

Man if you replace Tyson with Dirk in that situation he'd get torn the fuck up, kinda like that situation with David West a long time ago. Fuckin racists

I wonder how much Kobe/Pau are gonna demand for their final contracts.

No way either take vet minimums, but I don't think Kobe will don some other team's jersey at this point. Pau maybe, but I think he would be more willing to take a small check in order to stay in LA and retire here.

No way either take vet minimums, but I don't think Kobe will don some other team's jersey at this point. Pau maybe, but I think he would be more willing to take a small check in order to stay in LA and retire here.

Pau coming off the bench with Kevin Love and Dwight starting? That isn't bad.

i already have a nickname for lebron.

"LABron"

Perfect. Maybe if I come down to LA we can go to a game wearing LABron Lakers jerseys

Omega

Banned
lmao laker fans and these rosters

sad part is, i wouldn't be surprised one bit if these teams actually got put together.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
john mitchell ‏@JmitchInquirer
Source: Bynum to undergo precautionary non-invasive knee procedure early in Sept. in Germany.

Him and Kobe could have been best buds in Germany. Where did it go wrong?

My god, why does this have to be said time and time again?
THE NBA OWNED THE HORNETS. THEY COULD NIX THE CP3 TRADE BECAUSE IT WAS IN THEIR BEST INTEREST IN OWNING THE TEAM.

THE NBA DOESN'T OWN THE ORLANDO MAGIC. THEY DON'T HAVE ANY JUSTIFICATION TO NIX A TRADE WITH A TEAM THAT THEY DON'T OWN.
The owners collectively OWNED the Hornets. Stern works for the owners. If they all wanted the deal nixed, he had to act in their interest. The Magic are owned by one man and that man was okay with trading his own assets for whatever he wanted. Are you really having trouble comprehending something so simple?
WE ALL KNOW THIS.

However, the owners and Stern have the right to veto ANY TRADE due to "Basketball Reasons"/competitive balance under the rules of the CBA. So where was the outrage from other owners? Why didn't Dan Gilbert flip his wig? Why didn't Mikhail (who now lost out on D12) protest?

The fact that they didn't at least send a token inquiry now makes Stern's earlier BS look even more shitty, and the other owners like Gilbert massive tools.

WE ALL KNOW THIS.

However, the owners and Stern have the right to veto ANY TRADE due to "Basketball Reasons". So where was the outrage from other owners? Why didn't Dan Gilbert flip his wig? Why didn't Mikhail (who now lost out on D12) protest?

The fact that they didn't at least send a token inquiry now makes Stern's earlier BS look even more shitty, and the other owners like Gilbert massive tools.

Because they didn't want Jim Buss to veto any trade that they would possibly have in the future?

Nelo Ice

Banned
http://sportsradiointerviews.com/20...andrew-bynum-dwight-howard-blockbuster-trade/

Rod Thorn on the trade.

Btw Bynum is gonna wear #33 in Philly.
On how they pulled off the trade for Andrew Bynum:

“It’s interesting in that we’ve been talking to the Lakers and to Orlando for the last three weeks. We’ve been talking about different deals, various deals, and it never got out. In today’s world that’s something of itself. And then it really came down to, Orlando — they did not want to keep Iguodala because they’re going in a different way. And they wanted to move him, and so they talked to a few teams and they ended up making the deal with Denver to move his contract, and that ended up making the deal. It took a while to do it but it ended up getting done.”

On if they started talking to the Magic regarding Howard:

“Initially we were talking to Orlando about Dwight Howard. That’s how it got started. And so we had conversations with them regarding him and then he wanted to go either to Brooklyn or to Los Angeles. And so the Lakers, they had been in the conversation before we were in there. And so I can’t tell you how many different conversations, and it ended up the way it ended up today.”

WE ALL KNOW THIS.

However, the owners and Stern have the right to veto ANY TRADE due to "Basketball Reasons"/competitive balance under the rules of the CBA. So where was the outrage from other owners? Why didn't Dan Gilbert flip his wig? Why didn't Mikhail (who now lost out on D12) protest?

Because Mitch would have just stumbled upon a time machine in the garage to the mansion he won in a lottery and put The Showtime Lakers back together.

Because they didn't want Jim Buss to veto any trade that they would possibly have in the future?
Yeah, which is why the Chris Paul stuff was so BS. Stern is a joke.
Because Mitch would have just stumbled upon a time machine in the garage to the mansion he won in a lottery and put The Showtime Lakers back together.
... Imagine this Lakers team with prime Cedric Ceballos instead of Artest, and Sedale Threatt off the bench.

JESUS...

WE ALL KNOW THIS.

Because stern wasn't operating out of pure spite and legitimately thought it was in the hornet's best interest to rebuild instead of taking a random mismash in a CP3-LA deal? The lockout proved the owners don't give a shit about balance and just want money, anyway.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
LeBron is welcome though. Mitch doing work in 2014.

I wouldn't be surprised if he already started up mock-up scenarios to get him

Man knows his schemes

Connections + Networking is a Go!

Somehow he'll give Miami a third and fourth round... PROTECTED of course!

WE ALL KNOW THIS.

No, they don't. The reason the Paul trade was vetoed when Gilbert and Cuban bitched was because Gilbert and Cuban OWNED THE HORNETS. All the owners did. Stern can't go veto trades willy nilly.

WE ALL KNOW THIS.

I don't think that's how it works. I believe he can only veto a trade if it was done for nefarious reasons, otherwise he'd lose to arbitration or court or however the bylaws allow for action.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Jodie Meeks is officially a Laker.
Jodie Meeks ‏@Jmeeks20
Jus signed! Officially a Laker!!

edit:Ebanks resigning is official as well.
Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
The Lakers just announced the signing of free agent Jodie Meeks, plus the re-signing of Devin Ebanks. More soon.

I'm bored to death at work so I put together a playoff seeding based on current rosters for next year. Agree? Disagree?

East
1) Heat
2) Celtics
3) Pacers
4) Knicks
5) Nets
6) 76’ers
7) Wizards
8) Hawks

West
1) Thunder
2) Lakers
3) Grizzlies
4) Spurs
5) Clippers
6) Nuggets
7) Mavericks
8) Timberwolves

I'm bored to death at work so I put together a playoff seeding based on current rosters for next year. Agree? Disagree?

East
1) Heat
2) Celtics
3) Pacers
4) Knicks
5) Nets
6) 76’ers
7) Wizards
8) Hawks

West
1) Thunder
2) Lakers
3) Grizzlies
4) Spurs
5) Clippers
6) Nuggets
7) Mavericks
8) Timberwolves

maybe I'm huffing the koolaid but I think Denver might be better than the Clipps and Grizz. Iggy will fit in with that team perfectly.

East
1) Heat
2) Celtics
3) Pacers
4) Knicks
5) Nets
6) 76’ers
7) Wizards
8) Hawks

West
1) Thunder
2) Lakers
3) Grizzlies
4) Spurs
5) Clippers
6) Nuggets
7) Mavericks
8) Timberwolves

West
1.Lakers
2.Thunder
3.Spurs
4.Grizzlies
5.Clippers
6.Nuggets
7.TWolves
8.Hornets

East
1.Heat
2.Celts
3.Pacers
4.Nets
5.Sixers
6.Who
7.Gives
8.A Shit?

h3ro

Frankie, please tell me this isn't what my fellow yanquis-agers and I sound like....

I'm stopping the CC/Felix/Strasburg rotation trade scenario posts immediately.

thekad

Banned
Lakers will rest Kobe and especially Nash and Dwight probably won't start the season so:

1) Thunder
2) Spurs
3) Lakers
4) Clippers
5) Grizzlies
6) Warriors
7) Nuggets
8) Mavericks

1) Heat
2) Pacers
3) Celtics
4) Nets
5) Knicks
6) Bulls
7) Hawks
8) Sixers

With the money KG and Duncan are making you still have to pay a guy like Kobe. It's a respect thing.

1) Heat
2) Celtics
3) Pacers
4) Knicks
5) Sixers
6) Nets
7) Hawks
8) Bulls
Frankie, please tell me this isn't what my fellow yanquis-agers and I sound like....

I'm stopping the CC/Felix/Strasburg rotation trade scenario posts immediately.
I never thought I'd say that, but Lakers-GAF is starting to sound worse.

THey will probably tell Pau to hit the road in 2 years unless he shows some amazing rejuvenation over the next couple of seasons. Kobe will probably get a KG type deal if he wants to keep playing, something that they can work around the cap with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom