• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

snack

Guess who:

HVdAt.jpg

Jet. lawl

You don't understand, there's a reason why most Mavs fans don't like Jet, and it's because he is that dumb.

I seriously can't comprehend such stupidity. Like its beyond me. How can someone who has played so many years with one franchise and won a championship with said franchise get a tattoo of another franchise in which he hasn't played a game with? And not just any franchise but the boston celtics? wtf?

I will laugh my ass off if he gets released at any time during the season

even more before he plays a single game

I was going to say how I'd laugh my ass off if he had a season ending injury during pre season but that wouldn't be nice...

I seriously can't comprehend such stupidity. Like its beyond me. How can someone who has played so many years with one franchise and won a championship with said franchise get a tattoo of another franchise in which he hasn't played a game with? And not just any franchise but the boston celtics? wtf?

I was going to say how I'd laugh my ass off if he had a season ending injury during pre season but that wouldn't be nice...

He's just bitter that the Mavs didn't want him back I guess, but yeah it's pretty damn stupid anyway you look at it. Someone should punch him in the nuts.

He's just bitter that the Mavs didn't want him back I guess, but yeah it's pretty damn stupid anyway you look at it. Someone should punch him in the nuts.

As if I didn't need another reason to hope for the demise of the Celtics. The only player I liked on the team is now with the Heat and now this douchenozzle does this? Ugh.

chizmiz

Banned
Why is he stupid? Should he have gotten a tattoo of the team that drafted him or something? He seems to care a whole lot about the Celtics and its legacy, well, good for him.

Why is he stupid? Should he have gotten a tattoo of the team that drafted him or something? He seems to care a whole lot about the Celtics and its legacy, well, good for him.

to each his own, athletes have gotten far stupider tattoos over the years. It just seems like he's trying too hard. "please like me Boston! I have a Celtics tat!"

http://i.imgur.com/tZSS7.png
tumblr-m8f2uaYLnB1rdpa5go1-500-jpg_142851.jpg

Obama should've nixed the trade for Presidential Reasons. I can't believe how BS Stern is, touting the "competitive balance" of the NBA as a reason for stopping the Dwight deal but he doesn't nix this deal?

Oh wait it's Stern. I can believe it.

tumblr-m8f2uaYLnB1rdpa5go1-500-jpg_142851.jpg

Obama should've nixed the trade for Presidential Reasons. I can't believe how BS Stern is, touting the "competitive balance" of the NBA as a reason for stopping the Dwight deal but he doesn't nix this deal?

The owners collectively OWNED the Hornets. Stern works for the owners. If they all wanted the deal nixed, he had to act in their interest. The Magic are owned by one man and that man was okay with trading his own assets for whatever he wanted. Are you really having trouble comprehending something so simple?

Nelo Ice

Banned
http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/sfM0oc2kZxrgaco52K5NgQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0zMjU7cT04NTt3PTUwMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/388/2012/08/09/tumblr-m8f2uaYLnB1rdpa5go1-500-jpg_142851.jpg

s1VZ6.gif

SUPREME1

Banned

The CP3 veto was embarassing. No way he could touch this trade (1. wouldn't dare risk the backlash; 2. he had no grounds/right/power to do so, even if he wanted).

The owners collectively OWNED the Hornets. Stern works for the owners. If they all wanted the deal nixed, he had to act in their interest. The Magic are owned by one man and that man was okay with trading his own assets for whatever he wanted. Are you really having trouble comprehending something so simple?

My god, why does this have to be said time and time again?
THE NBA OWNED THE HORNETS. THEY COULD NIX THE CP3 TRADE BECAUSE IT WAS IN THEIR BEST INTEREST IN OWNING THE TEAM.

THE NBA DOESN'T OWN THE ORLANDO MAGIC. THEY DON'T HAVE ANY JUSTIFICATION TO NIX A TRADE WITH A TEAM THAT THEY DON'T OWN.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Every GM in the league would rather have CP3 and Dwight than Nash, Pau, and Dwight.

except the Lakers don't have a 5 year window. With Kobe and Pau, they have a 2-3 year window. I much prefer having Nash/Pau/Kobe/D12.

I preferred when Loving was just trying to be funny and failing, than post-Dwight trade Loving.

I think that...90% of this thread is either Laker fans, trolling Laker fans, or Cloving, who is both.

<3 u 2.

thekad

Banned
Lakers have a 2 year window because they have Nash and Pau instead of CP3, which would make them contenders for the next 5+ years.

Lakers have a 2 year window because they have Nash and Pau instead of CP3, which would make them contenders for the next 5+ years.

and in another 2 years, mitch will again orchestrate a blockbuster trade to get another top rated player to extend our championship window.
like cycles of life, this is how its supposed to be.
you and i know this, kad.

KingJ2002

definitely prefer this lineup over a big three of cp3, kobe, bynum

as much as i liked bynum... he was turning into a headcase on the lakers... this trade will bring him back down to earth and allow him to grow and be the man on this team.

the lakers on the other hand basically gave this team to dwight... who has led the magic to the finals before.

with kobe in his final years... he's going to play with the elite in each position.

then once 2-3 years pass and Nash & Kobe retires... while Pau & Metta will probably move on... you will have dwight... with the best front office in the league... rebuilding that franchise with new talent and players in their prime wanting to play with the most dominant big man in the game.

the lakers (barring any injuries or fuckery) are good for another 10 years of playoff runs.

I still believe that if KD doesnt win a ring in OKC... he's Laker bound.

Nelo Ice

Banned
All those wise GMs and the championship teams they've built.

Something, something big market teams, anyone can run the Lakers and win.

and in another 2 years, mitch will again orchestrate a blockbuster trade to get another top rated player to extend our championship window.
like cycles of life, this is how its supposed to be.
you and i know this, kad.

Let's look at the potential 2014 free agent class.
https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/234745843842953216
The 2014 free agent class could include LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Dirk Nowitzki, Amar&#8217;e Stoudemire, Chris Bosh, Pau Gasol, Paul Pierce, Danny Granger, Luol Deng, Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph and Andrew Bogut among others.

Bryant, Nowitzki, Granger, Deng, Pierce, Gasol and Bogut will be unrestricted free agents that summer. James, Wade, Anthony, Stoudemire, Bosh, Gay and Randolph have a player option or early-termination option, which means they can opt-out and become unrestricted free agents.

Executives are already drooling over the 2014 free agent class. One Western Conference executive believes that the 2014 class could be better than the much-anticipated 2010 class.

&#8220;The 2014 class, if everyone opts out, is much more accomplished," said the executive.

The only people on the team for the 14-15 season will be Dwight and old man Nash, 30 mil or so.

Mitch gonna reel those hoes in, it look like he goin' fishin'.

The only people on the team for the 14-15 season will be Dwight and old man Nash, 30 mil or so.

Mitch gonna reel those hoes in, it look like he goin' fishin'.

Would be so much easier for the folks here if they just accepted that the Lakers will always be in contention as long as we have GM's like Jerry West and Mitch, the best city in the world, beautiful beaches, babes, and billionaires in Hollywood.

Let's look at the potential 2014 free agent class.
The 2014 free agent class could include LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Dirk Nowitzki, Amar’e Stoudemire, Chris Bosh, Pau Gasol, Paul Pierce, Danny Granger, Luol Deng, Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph and Andrew Bogut among others.

Bryant, Nowitzki, Granger, Deng, Pierce, Gasol and Bogut will be unrestricted free agents that summer. James, Wade, Anthony, Stoudemire, Bosh, Gay and Randolph have a player option or early-termination option, which means they can opt-out and become unrestricted free agents.

Executives are already drooling over the 2014 free agent class. One Western Conference executive believes that the 2014 class could be better than the much-anticipated 2010 class.

“The 2014 class, if everyone opts out, is much more accomplished," said the executive
no one else on that list is desirable besides lebron.
i guess mitch is going after lebron then.
welcome to LA lebron.

SUPREME1

Banned
Would be so much easier for the folks here if they just accepted that the Lakers will always be in contention as long as we have GM's like Jerry West and Mitch, the best city in the world, beautiful beaches, babes, and billionaires in Hollywood.

Not to mention the best fans, regardless of sport, in the entire world.

We do not get enough credit.

I applaud us all.

no one else on that list is desirable besides lebron.
i guess mitch is going after lebron then.
welcome to LA lebron.

I was going to say that all the other guys are going to be too old (Wade) or just not someone that would fit in the purple and gold. LeBron is welcome though. Mitch doing work in 2014.

Not to mention the best fans, regardless of sport, in the entire world.

We do not get enough credit.

I applaud us all.

Here here.
Know why we are late to games? Because we already know that the victory is locked up in place. We are that confident in our players. Truly the best fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom