• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
c30df7d90c86b5880c55201adcbbe9c6.gif

a13f9cd626880183f2edf1e90cf02d3d.jpg

35daf3ef5cd3e20692a0c8571c73912b.jpg

9d14432f71101bb5860c4aa5187f8fa4.jpg

32f22f6fd5ad8611cfeab45ae18c6409.jpg

ec256b39548233c19829f00a45491752.jpg

thirty

Banned
don't know if already posted but the youngest Gasol brother Adria has enrolled in UCLA next semester and will join the bball team. 2-3 more years and we could get a gasol for gasol for gasol, 3 brother trade in the NBA.

thirty

Banned
Howard buys a home in LA.
Dwight Howard Lakers Run Set--He Buys a Los Angeles House For 20 Million

Well, according to Los Angeles sports reporter Michael Gabriel--and several other reports have confirmed--new Los Angeles Lakers star Dwight Howard has purchasde a home in Los Angeles for $20 million.

It is rumored that Howard will live in Newport Beach, where his teammate Kobe Bryant also lives. Bryant famously told GQ that he takes a helicopter to work (meaning practice and games) on a daily basis, will Howard follow suit?

Howard's home in Orlando, as we reported last week, will probably go on the market soon.

The Newport Beach area is home to many Los Angeles celebrities, as that is one of the few areas in the entire country that has been virtually untouched by the housing market crisis.

if I was a Miami Heat player I would ride a jet ski to every game and practice. I'm pretty sure they've got boat docks by the arena

Is Malone the only black player who admitted to being a diehard conservative? I know Barkley was for a little bit but he's pretty damn liberal now.

I'd bet Jordan's one too

Puddles

Banned
Thanks for the well wishing, I know I'll be alright, just worried about my parents.

And I've been pulling 10 hours days to finish other people's work who have been laid off and everyone here is too busy crying and shit talking to get me the documents I need. 12 hour saturday and sunday shifts are gonna suck.

Thanks a lot....Obama or whatever.

So they don't have enough people to do the work that needs to be done right now, and the response to this is to let more people go?

Two words..

Sean. Kingston.

Please explain to someone who severely lacks pop culture knowledge

Also Moris that really blows but I am sure you will find another job. Hopefully it comes soon and you can stay where you are and do what you do.

oh ok I just wiki-ed that guy, I see what you're referencing now

So they don't have enough people to do the work that needs to be done right now, and the response to this is to let more people go?

We were being bought, and the buyers instructed the current management not to add new hires. The buy out ended up taking 9 months instead of the 3 weeks that it was supposed to take so a few people found work elsewhere leaving others to cover their desks for a few months.

It feels like they're trying to make people quit so they don't earn their severance. But people don't give a fuck, some of them are owed 8-15K and will put up with anything to get 3-4 months in a lump sum.

We were being bought, and the buyers instructed the current management not to add new hires. The buy out ended up taking 9 months instead of the 3 weeks that it was supposed to take so a few people found work elsewhere leaving others to cover their desks for a few months.

It feels like they're trying to make people quit so they don't earn their severance. But people don't give a fuck, some of them are owed 8-15K and will put up with anything to get 3-4 months in a lump sum.

Not to mention unemployment. You quit, you dont get it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...javale-mcgee-dominate-nba-224109998--nba.html

"No question, I see him as another star," Olajuwon said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports. "That guy should dominate the league.

"He has tremendous talent. I give him all these moves and he can finish and he's already skilled. So now just show him how to use that skill to (get) to the next level." [...]

"The moves that we work on are not for a stiff big guy," Olajuwon said. "With him he's agile. The move flows. So I'm excited to see what he's going to do this year."

So is McGee. "There are some things that we already knew, but he has different tweaks to it," McGee said. "Then he has some stuff that you really didn't think about that he just throws out there that is amazing to see it."

what

Puddles

Banned

Not hiring more people is one thing, but firing even more when people are already pulling 12 hour days and weekend shifts? Are they all on salary? If not, the overtime would be financially ruinous. Even if they are, people can't take that kind of burnout very long.

Granted I don't have all the details, but this doesn't seem like a good management strategy. Is the plan to just wind the company down completely?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Is Malone the only black player who admitted to being a diehard conservative? I know Barkley was for a little bit but he's pretty damn liberal now.

I'd bet Jordan's one too

Jason Terry.. I think a lot of millionaires are.

In other news, FIBA basically told Stern to take his under 23 proposal and shove it.
FIBA Secretary General said:
From a global perspective, the progress of the talent in all other countries doesn’t go at the same speed or the same pace as the USA. They don’t all have a school system like the USA. So the ability for the rest of the world to produce a lot of talent is not the same as the USA. As a result of that, lowering the age to U23 at the Olympics could actually widen the divide between the USA and the rest of the world.

There is also a more general issue of what the Olympic Games represent. The NBA, the IOC and FIBA, we have all earned a lot – not just in financial terms – from professional athletes being at the Olympics since 1992. This is the case with regards to the way basketball has grown, from where we were then to where we are now.

So it would be premature to make changes in the quality of basketball at the Olympics, especially before having maximised the potential of the World Cup. So it’s too early to make any changes in the Olympic programme.

also, OKC would be stupid to break up that core group. smart move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom