• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I wish the Lakers could bring Hakeem on as an assistant coach for Dwight. Maybe they can get Kareem to teach him some stuff.
Pretty he likes being a consultant instead of a full time coach.. I doubt Dream has a lack of interest in his teaching abilities.

Edit: he also worked with him in 2010...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
12 million for ibaka is hilarious

he's not even the best defender on his own team

bud23

I wish the Lakers could bring Hakeem on as an assistant coach for Dwight. Maybe they can get Kareem to teach him some stuff.

Gasol could give to Howard some free tuition too.
Did you see Gasol in the olympic final? Dwight has a lot of to learn yet.

KingGondo

Banned
This could hamstring them from resigning Harden, no?
They wouldn't have done this deal if it was gonna prevent them from signing Harden.

And :lol at him "lacking the basic coordination to score." His offensive game is quite good and improving. And he still has way more potential on defense, even if he already changed games because of his presence in the paint (which is undeniable).

As always, I trust in the Presti.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Quite good?

The dude can't catch. He's literally unguarded or nonpriority for the majority of his time on the court - and he only looks like a mediocre scoring threat on his best day.

Fatalah

c30df7d90c86b5880c55201adcbbe9c6.gif

a13f9cd626880183f2edf1e90cf02d3d.jpg

35daf3ef5cd3e20692a0c8571c73912b.jpg

9d14432f71101bb5860c4aa5187f8fa4.jpg

32f22f6fd5ad8611cfeab45ae18c6409.jpg

ec256b39548233c19829f00a45491752.jpg

Slick.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
So somebody on twitter shows Rudy this

tumblr_m8otpoJQzz1qdlh1io1_400.gif

His response (translated)

hahahahahaha awesome!!! Very nice hahaha. You can tell I played soccer as a kid hahaha

KingGondo

Banned
That crap contract is the beginning of the end for OKCs core.
The fact that they locked Ibaka up is a great sign for our chances of keeping Harden, too.

No way they sign Serge to that deal if they thought it would prevent them from signing Harden. Besides, Harden was much more adamant about sticking around in OKC than Serge was.

Bennett is willing to pay the tax for a winner, period.

KingGondo

Banned
I think people are already forgetting that Serge is already a very good player and he's only 22. If he keeps on developing, $12 million/year will be a bargain when he's 27 or 28 and in his prime.

OKC are basically paying for potential and to prevent Morey type AHoles running up Ibaka's price if he were to enter RFA.

Don't like the deal per se, but I get why they did it. If Ibaka develops he could be worth it and they would pay a similar amount if not more if Ibaka hit the market.

Time will tell if this was wise or not, today it's bad to alright.

KingGondo

Banned
OKC are basically paying for potential and to prevent Morey type AHoles running up Ibaka's price if he were to enter RFA.

Don't like the deal per se, but I get why they did it. If Ibaka develops he could be worth it and they would pay a similar amount if not more if Ibaka hit the market.

Time will tell if this was wise or not, today it's bad to alright.
Exactly. This deal wasn't done in a vacuum.

I personally think he'll develop substantially--he has the talent and work ethic.

If we lock up Harden for the same amount and manage to keep Maynor, color me thrilled.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Exactly. This deal wasn't done in a vacuum.

I personally think he'll develop substantially--he has the talent and work ethic.

If we lock up Harden for the same amount and manage to keep Maynor, color me thrilled.

There is no way in hell Harden is not going to get the max.

I think people are already forgetting that Serge is already a very good player and he's only 22. If he keeps on developing, $12 million/year will be a bargain when he's 27 or 28 and in his prime.

Don't kid yourself he's in his prime right now. He has a limited ceiling. Dude isn't going to magically learn an extensive post game and start scoring 20 ppg. He's a shot blocker/energy guy who can't score for shit. That's what he will be. I don't get where people get this idea that "basketball prime=28-32" when that, historically, hasn't been the case. Most guys are what they are from an early age.

Don't kid yourself he's in his prime right now. He has a limited ceiling. Dude isn't going to magically learn an extensive post game and start scoring 20 ppg. He's a shot blocker/energy guy who can't score for shit. That's what he will be. I don't get where people get this idea that "basketball prime=28-32" when that, historically, hasn't been the case. Most guys are what they are from an early age.

He showed a prett good short range J when left wide open. If he keeps working on that alone he could be worth close to his contract.

My biggest gripe is he treats shotblocking as the end all be all on defense. It's nice to get a block, but he's not a very good defensive PF who also happens to suck offensively.

If he could play good man to man D and good team D along with a KG type jump shooting game, that'd be enough.

He showed a prett good short range J when left wide open. If he keeps working on that alone he could be worth close to his contract.

My biggest gripe is he treats shotblocking as the end all be all on defense. It's nice to get a block, but he's not a very good defensive PF who also happens to suck offensively.

If he could play good man to man D and good team D along with a KG type jump shooting game, that'd be enough.

That's a lot of if's though. I doubt any of it would happen if it hasn't already now that he has millions of guaranteed dollars in his bank account. His man D is pretty terrible.

Emwitus

I don't think that's exactly true. Obvious example, jordan's outside shooting .

I don't think that's exactly true. Obvious example, jordan's outside shooting .

most guys that have improved drastically, like Hakeem and to some extent, Jordan, are outliers. You can't expect everyone to be like them. A majority of players through history have been in their primes early, and, if anything, start to show signs of decline as they hit their late 20s and early 30s. I remember people saying that LeBron wasn't in his prime at 25 because of this mythical "28-32" thing they held on to. I mean, look at Ibaka's own team, the Thunder. Are Westbrook and Durant not in their primes? What does that mean? That when Durant is 28 he's going to average 50 points per game? That when Westbrook is 28 he will magically learn the PG skills of Chris Paul or John Stockton? No. When they are 28 they will simply be more seasoned versions of the players they are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom