• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

numble

http://twitter.com/MissXQ/status/238098482202824704/photo/1

Kobe Bryant so popular in CN. Hunan Unviersity students smell his shoes when he visited yesterday. pic.twitter.com/lxlKCyV7

Ybuai.jpg

The mavs are a bunch of cool bros. You should root for them.

apparently, cuban doesn't think kidd is cool at all.

Mark Cuban won’t retire Jason Kidd’s jersey because he went to the Knicks

That answer came after Cuban was asked if Kidd would have his jersey in the rafters one day at AAC. Cuban said there was "no chance" of that happening after the way things ended.

"J-Kidd's a big boy, he can do whatever he wants," Cuban said. "But you don't change your mind like that. I'm sure I'll get over it at some point, but as of right now, I wouldn't put J-Kidd's number in the rafters."

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
dirk is cool as hell but the Mavs as a franchise is a ship that has sailed cause they're owner outsmarted himself.

i don't blame kidd either for leaving the Mavs were running him into the ground like he was going on 30 not 40.

G-Fex

Oh ok so Soulplaya wasn't being sarcastic.

Sorry guys, our relationship hasn't really....been the same since I swerved on him.

I'm pretty sure it was the Sixers that I liked watching at basketball camp

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story...rk-cuban-moves-deron-williams-goes-jason-kidd

"I don't want to pick on Deron Williams because he's a great, great, great player, and so it's not necessarily him, per se," Cuban said. "The conversation we had going back and forth -- and obviously the decision was to go for him -- but the conversation was, 'OK, once you add $17.1 million in salary to what we'd have with Dirk and Trix (Shawn Marion), then what do you do?' That's your squad. And it's not just your squad for this year. It's your squad for next year other than the $3.3 million mini midlevel.

"So that was a challenge that we had because we want to win, and everybody talks about Dirk's window. Well, not only would it have been difficult to add players, then it also would have been difficult to trade players, and in reality that was the same problem that Deron had. Because he looked and saw the same thing and said, 'OK, now what are you going to do?'"

What a fucking sore loser. Now that he doesn't want to sign...oh suddenly maybe NOW it wasn't a good idea?

Once again Cuban shows he's no more of a grown man than Dan Gilbert.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Yes, they're a young team with a bright future.

they sure have a lot of young's on that lineup unfortunately both players aren't that good.

Jrue can't pass
Nick Young is a volume shooter who wants to take more shots
Evans can't shoot
Thaddeus Young averages 10 pts and 5 rebounds but will be paid 7 million next year
bynum is gonna get tired of hurting his legs doing everything in the post and just shoot 3's

the only reason they make the playoffs is because Doug Collins will threaten them all with death by strangulation if they don't get him the wins he needs to keep his job.

giri

Wut.

Cuban gave a realistic answer to why Deron didn't come over.

I..... Wut?

What are you complaining about? What did he say there where he complained?

I didn't say he complained about anything in this situation.

He's basically spent the last year pursuing Deron. Now that he struck out...he starts going off on why it wasn't a great idea to sign Deron to the max?
If Deron is a Maverick you think Cuban is saying any of this shit?

Flash

He's basically spent the last year pursuing Deron. Now that he struck out...he starts going off on why it wasn't a great idea to sign Deron to the max?

so what should he do? accept defeat? that doesn't do any good for the team morale

so what should he do? accept defeat? that doesn't do any good for the team morale

He could keep his mouth shut instead of trying to pull the "Well, we're better off without you anyways!!!" card when we know all along this is what they wanted.

I don't mind if he lists why he thought Deron did not stay in Dallas. But to say "Well, we're better off because he would have choked our salary cap!" is laughable.

They saved and sacrificed a whole season just to pursue him.

giri

I think he was explaining why Deron didn't come.

Deron asked "ok, once you add me to the roster, what other moves are you going to make, you were talking about adding dwight, how do you do that" and then explained it wasn't really possible.

I don't think he was saying it was bad for the Mavs to add Deron, but it wasn't possibly Derons best move to add the Mavs.

I'm not saying staying at the nets was necessarily better.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
He could keep his mouth shut instead of trying to pull the "Well, we're better off without you anyways!!!" card when we know all along this is what they wanted.

I don't mind if he lists why he thought Deron did not stay in Dallas. But to say "Well, we're better off because he would have choked our salary cap!" is laughable.

They saved and sacrificed a whole season just to pursue him.

Well, that isn't wrong either.

Well, that isn't wrong either.

I'm not totally sure what you mean but if paying Deron the max wasn't the greatest idea then why was he priority number 1 the moment the 2011 NBA Finals ended?

Management's first option was clearly to pay him and try to get a star-stacked team. Remember everyone saying "omg Dirk doesn't have another star to play with, if he gets one HOLY SHIT!!" I don't want Cuban to say in any fashion "We might be better off"

I don't think he was saying it was bad for the Mavs to add Deron, but it wasn't possibly Derons best move to add the Mavs.

I'm not saying staying at the nets was necessarily better.

It's a little bit of both.

And if he knew it wasn't Deron's best move to go...well then that shows piss poor management and a lack of direction. Hey, let's give up a year to try to entice this free agent by completely selling the hometown factor and playing with Dirk...oh wait now we're finding out he might not want to come here because we have quite a few shitty contracts!

And I don't think going to the Nets was a good move either. In fact, if you say "Shitty contracts" the Nets would be in the top 3 for that.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm not totally sure what you mean but if paying Deron the max wasn't the greatest idea then why was he priority number 1 the moment the 2011 NBA Finals ended?

Management's first option was clearly to pay him and try to get a star-stacked team. Remember everyone saying "omg Dirk doesn't have another star to play with, if he gets one HOLY SHIT!!" I don't want Cuban to say in any fashion "We might be better off"

I'm not sure what you want here. Would you prefer Cuban castrate himself when asked the question about what happened in that negotiation process? Should he lie? Its pretty much what people wanted specifically - he said what happened. He lost flexibility and he was not willing to drop Marion's contract for whatever reason. He felt he couldn't land Dwight as well. Shit happened.

I don't understand how you got "We might be better off" either. He said that they'd be stuck - and it was something that Deron was held up on about. They would've been stuck - and it probably wouldn't have been enough to win again. Anyone looking at the situation can see that. As fuckwild as BK is, they'd still be more flexible in the short and long term.

You're trying to take things from the article that simply aren't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom