• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what you want here. Would you prefer Cuban castrate himself when asked the question about what happened in that negotiation process? Should he lie? Its pretty much what people wanted specifically - he said what happened. He lost flexibility and he was not willing to drop Marion's contract for whatever reason. He felt he couldn't land Dwight as well. Shit happened.

I don't understand how you got "We might be better off" either. He said that they'd be stuck - and it was something that Deron was held up on about. They would've been stuck - and it probably wouldn't have been enough to win again. Anyone looking at the situation can see that. As fuckwild as BK is, they'd still be more flexible in the short and long term.

You're trying to take things from the article that simply aren't there.

So if it's not a good move for either side then why make him priority #1? Again, I get if he says all this stuff before---but after they lose out on him? yeah ok

And uh,

Cuban, during an appearance Tuesday morning on ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM's "Ben & Skin Show," said the Mavs actually might be better off without Williams, the homegrown talent and three-time All-Star the Mavs hotly pursued in free agency. Cuban claimed a max contract for Williams would have created tricky salary-cap ramifications and made it difficult to build a championship-caliber roster around him and Mavs stalwart Dirk Nowitzki.

That's clearly in the article. He doesn't say those words exactly but look at what he says. It's basically the same thing.

And like I have been saying along if Deron signs the dotted line with Dallas you sure as fucking bet Cuban is pimping the shit out of them right now, not saying "oh no look at this mini midlevel we've only got left!"

I'm not asking him to lie or bullshit anything. I hate sounding like a nitpicky bastard because that's all everybody ever does in sports and it's fine for him to say why he didn't think Deron came.

but,

Well, not only would it have been difficult to add players, then it also would have been difficult to trade players, and in reality that was the same problem that Deron had.

....they didn't see this before?

again, I get your points. but watching him lose out and then try to say "whatever it would have been hard having him in our books" is ridiculous. all it takes is "yeah our financial flexibility wasn't good enough for him", but he drops this too:

"Maybe, you know, because I always think I can close a sale," Cuban said. "But in hindsight, I don't know if I would have been happy. I think we're in better position now than we would have been if we had gotten him."

it's there.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So if it's not a good move for either side then why make him priority #1? Again, I get if he says all this stuff before---but after they lose out on him? yeah ok

And uh,
and again, you expect him to say "FUCK MY LIFE. SEPPUKU TIME"? In what world does that happen? Even Orlando tries to spin getting fucked in the ass for Dwight.

That's clearly in the article. He doesn't say those words exactly but look at what he says. It's basically the same thing.
No, its not "basically the same thing" its reading what you want to read.

And like I have been saying along if Deron signs the dotted line with Dallas you sure as fucking bet Cuban is pimping the shit out of them right now, not saying "oh no look at this mini midlevel we've only got left!"

I'm not asking him to lie or bullshit anything. I hate sounding like a nitpicky bastard because that's all everybody ever does in sports and it's fine for him to say why he didn't think Deron came.

but,

....they didn't see this before?
No. You're sounding like a nitpicky bastard and if I wanted to flip shit I'd just link your bullshit posts from when Beasley was fucking up your team, leaving shitsandwiches all throughout that arena and how you kept talking about how they tasted like chicken

No, its not "basically the same thing" its reading what you want to read.

I quoted this in my previous post, but too late

I don't understand how you got "We might be better off" either.

"Maybe, you know, because I always think I can close a sale," Cuban said. "But in hindsight, I don't know if I would have been happy. I think we're in better position now than we would have been if we had gotten him."

How many different ways can you interpret "I think we're in a better position now than we would have been if we had gotten him"?

and don't even bring up the beasley shit. that was us all just wanting him to do well.

DY_nasty

How many different ways can you interpret "I think we're in a better position now than we would have been if we had gotten him"?

If you focus on what he was actually talking about, contract situations revolving around deron potentially signing, then yes - its entirely spot-on accurate. they factually would not have been as flexible AND they would not have been in a position to win it all in the short term OR long term.

If you want to focus on bullshittery and reading into shit that isn't in print, then by all means fuck that chicken

If you focus on what he was actually talking about, contract situations revolving around deron potentially signing, then yes - its entirely spot-on accurate. they factually would not have been as flexible AND they would not have been in a position to win it all in the short term OR long term.

If you want to focus on bullshittery and reading into shit that isn't in print, then by all means fuck that chicken

I'm not sure how what I just posted isn't in print. It's in the article. You're the one that is choosing to take that and interpret it the other way.

Again, this is what it comes down to. I think if he had stopped at the reasoning that Deron left that's cool, but "I don't know if I would have been happy, we might be better off"---well then don't pursue him and offer him a max in the first place!

I just think he's a whiny bitch and this is on par for him. but you seem to want to defend him at all costs and can't accept that anything he says has no bitterness/hypocrisy to it

linsivvi

All this would have been avoided had Cuban just kept Chandler. It's not like defensive centers grew on trees, and he had the best one on this team, who helped him win a championship.

All this would have been avoided had Cuban just kept Chandler. It's not like defensive centers grew on trees, and he had the best one on this team, who helped him win a championship.

Give up Chandler to pursue Deron, strike out on Deron then say well our future financial flexibility would have sucked

Genius management. almost as brilliant as giving raef lafrentz and erick dampier (while passing up on paying steve nash more) to long term contracts

DY_nasty

I'm not sure how what I just posted isn't in print. It's in the article. You're the one that is choosing to take that and interpret it the other way.

Again, this is what it comes down to. I think if he had stopped at the reasoning that Deron left that's cool, but "I don't know if I would have been happy, we might be better off"---well then don't pursue him and offer him a max in the first place!

I just think he's a whiny bitch and this is on par for him. but you seem to want to defend him at all costs and can't accept that anything he says has no bitterness/hypocrisy to it

You make it sound like the West and East are both the same landscape that they were in the beginning of the offseason.

Dwight and Nash are both in LA. Ray is Miami. OKC isn't selling Harden for the farm.

Dallas is NOT one player away anymore. They weren't even one player away going into the draft. You're trying to make it sound like Deron coming would've been the end all of their problems - and because they were not going to get rid of Marion, that they would have been able to move on and acquire pieces when everything surrounding those topics you ignore as if this all occurred in a vacuum unaffected by the moves that occurred all around the league this offseason. Even with Deron, would the Mavs have been significantly better than Memphis? The Clippers? Fuck no.

They've got just enough to fill seats and stay competitive until Dirk is done and all the other contracts that they've picked up all matchup with that end-game accordingly. When LA is done strangling the West in two years, the Mavericks will be approaching a spot where they would've been in regardless - retooling and hoping for the best. Deron wouldn't even matter. In the short-term, or in the long-term. And when looking at contracts and the overall layout of the league and how things should play out over the next 2-3 years, he's exactly right.

But by all means, compare this to some butthurt cheerleader who wrote a breakup letter in comicsans.

linsivvi

Give up Chandler to pursue Deron, strike out on Deron then say well our future financial flexibility would have sucked

Genius management. almost as brilliant as giving raef lafrentz and erick dampier long term contracts

He went for the jackpot, which is admirable.

What he didn't understand was, you don't go for the jackpot when your team just won a championship. You keep the same core, fine tune it and add some youth, then try again the next season.

Also, the biggest draw of a championship team is that you will be able to sign ring-chasing veterans for dirt cheap to boost your bench. The moment he let Chandler go, all of that went away.

giri

Genius management. almost as brilliant as giving raef lafrentz and erick dampier (while passing up on paying steve nash more) to long term contracts

You're basically mad that cuban tried, and failed, to add one of the best PGs in the league to the team. A PG they could build around for 8 years.

Chandler was very important to that team, but he has been injury plagued, and he wanted BIG money. Getting chandler also would have screwed their financial flexibility and they would have been relying on roddy (lol) to develop or Kidd to retain the fountain of youth.

Yeah, at this very second it seems like he's fucked up. But at least he explained what they happened, and has said where it leaves them.

He didn't come out calling deron a cunt for not signing or anything.

And of course he would have been pimping Deron if he signed. The suns pimped Beasley and Wes Johnson.

Maybe you're forgetting the stage show miami put on when they signed bosh and LBJ.

DY_nasty

And they would've had a shot of repeating in a * year. Past that? No chance.

They would've had to dole out long term money to Chandler, Terry, Barea, and probably overpay for some upper-bench worthy talent at some point next year anyways - when they still would've got smacked by the new LA team and growing Thunder team. That team had peaked. Keeping them together would've been nothing more than a run at a * and an utterly crippling mirror image of the Detroit Pistons teams.

You take the gamble and re-tool every single time - or fuck yourself clinging to talent that clearly topped off then screw yourself for the remaining part of the decade while the rest of the league passes you by.

And at least Dumars went for an actual season ring, not a * repeat. You take that gamble every single time, and if it doesn't work out, you preserve flexibility so you're able to hit the ground running as soon as possible.

You're basically mad that cuban tried, and failed, to add one of the best PGs in the league to the team. A PG they could build around for 8 years.

Trust me, I am far from mad.

Maybe you're forgetting the stage show miami put on when they signed bosh and LBJ.

What does that have to do with anything we're talking about?

And the Suns didn't pimp Beasley at all---a reclamation project is far from that

You make it sound like the West and East are both the same landscape that they were in the beginning of the offseason.

Dwight and Nash are both in LA. Ray is Miami. OKC isn't selling Harden for the farm.

Dallas is NOT one player away anymore. They weren't even one player away going into the draft. You're trying to make it sound like Deron coming would've been the end all of their problems - and because they were not going to get rid of Marion, that they would have been able to move on and acquire pieces when everything surrounding those topics you ignore as if this all occurred in a vacuum unaffected by the moves that occurred all around the league this offseason. Even with Deron, would the Mavs have been significantly better than Memphis? The Clippers? Fuck no.

They've got just enough to fill seats and stay competitive until Dirk is done and all the other contracts that they've picked up all matchup with that end-game accordingly. When LA is done strangling the West in two years, the Mavericks will be approaching a spot where they would've been in regardless - retooling and hoping for the best. Deron wouldn't even matter. In the short-term, or in the long-term. And when looking at contracts and the overall layout of the league and how things should play out over the next 2-3 years, he's exactly right.

But by all means, compare this to some butthurt cheerleader who wrote a breakup letter in comicsans.

His actions over time as an NBA owner compare to Gilbert's. Gilbert was obviously more notorious but "We might as well call the rest of the league the Washington Generals!" is right down Mark's alley.

And during free agency period the landscape of the West was still what it was. It's easier to say all the stuff the Lakers/others did influenced them, but the fact is that Deron made his decision before Nash went to LA, and before Howard came over. So none of the stuff that happened in FA, in hindsight, had anything to do with either side's decision at the time.

So yes, what he's saying now is accurate because there's no way his team has a chance. But about a month ago? Hell no, and like I said even if they still had Deron after all this fucktard that's gone around the league, they aren't sounding like this I promise you that

DY_nasty

What does that have to do with anything we're talking about?
Exactly what we're talking about. Miami signed LBJ and Bosh - then pimped the fuck out of them - like every single fucking team does when they sign a big name.

sxeKr.gif

linsivvi

And they would've had a shot of repeating in a * year. Past that? No chance.

They would've had to dole out long term money to Chandler, Terry, Barea, and probably overpay for some upper-bench worthy talent at some point next year anyways - when they still would've got smacked by the new LA team and growing Thunder team. That team had peaked. Keeping them together would've been nothing more than a run at a * and an utterly crippling mirror image of the Detroit Pistons teams.

You take the gamble and re-tool every single team - or fuck yourself clinging to talent that clearly topped off then screw yourself for the remaining part of the decade while the rest of the league passes you by.

And at least Dumars went for an actual season ring, not a * repeat. You take that gamble every single time, and if it doesn't work out, you preserve flexibility so you're able to hit the ground running as soon as possible.

I guess I belong to the win now camp. It's tough to build a championship contender as it is. That * thing is a joke among fans but come on, it still counts as a championship.

Regardless, the Mavericks will never be screwed long term as long as Cuban is the owner. He's the one owner who would spent so much that he got sued by the minority owner. They will be fine.

DY_nasty

I guess I belong to the win now camp. It's tough to build a championship contender as it is. That * thing is a joke among fans but come on, it still counts as a championship.

Regardless, the Mavericks will never be screwed long term as long as Cuban is the owner. He's the one owner who would spent so much that he got sued by the minority owner. They will be fine.
lol no it doesn't

tim duncan got shit for years because of it

an * is an *

espn, nike, and gatorade are trying their damned best to make it seem like its a real ring

props to lebron and bosh for smacking the shit out of okc, but they did it in a lockout season - and if that's the only ring miami gets, best believe they'll never live it down

Exactly what we're talking about. Miami signed LBJ and Bosh - then pimped the fuck out of them - like every single fucking team does when they sign a big name.

sxeKr.gif

I didn't say there was anything wrong with pimping free agent signings.

WHY U READING THINGS NOT THERE

My point is, he's being a hypocrite --- if Deron is there he's pimping the signing. But he's not, so "Well we are better off without him!" I get that if he signs Deron he has to hype it. But don't fucking pretend like the guy who you spent all year pursuing was suddenly a bad idea just because the lakers shit all over the mavs when they got Dwight

actually let's go this route---if the lakers had dwight and nash BEFORE FA started----do you think Cuban is going to say "Hold on now! let's not pursue deron anymore"?

DY_nasty

I didn't say there was anything wrong with pimping free agent signings.

WHY U READING THINGS NOT THERE

My point is, he's being a hypocrite --- if Deron is there he's pimping the signing. But he's not, so "Well we are better off without him!" I get that if he signs Deron he has to hype it. But don't fucking pretend like the guy who you spent all year pursuing him was suddenly a bad idea just because the lakers shit all over the mavs when they got Dwight

And they factually are

c o m e o n m a n

the landscape changed, he's absolutely right. they would've been fucked. and you're being a hypocrite just as well. you always ride for your franchise whether you land the guy or not, and the hilarious thing is that cuban isn't just bullshitting this. they're better off in the short-term and long-term by not getting shit on with zero chances at making moves AND evading a timebomb/trademe situation with Deron 4 years from now.

but no

lets pretend that not every single gm, fan, or loyal player carries the exact same attitude when it comes to landing/not landing a big FA

you're acting like chars playing on hall of fame difficulty right now
actually let's go this route---if the lakers had dwight and nash BEFORE FA started----do you think Cuban is going to say "Hold on now! let's not pursue deron anymore"?

Why should I play stupid realgm "what if?" games when there's an august 22 date on the article and the situation has already played the fuck out and completely explained and detailed exactly what I'm talking about?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=face+painting+kit

buy it now, clown

lets pretend that not every single gm, fan, or loyal player carries the exact same attitude when it comes to landing/not landing a big FA

I have been trying to say this the whole damn time and all you want to do is throw useless facts at me and pretend that he wasn't acting bitter at all

but go continue on the cuban defense force tour

DY_nasty

I have been trying to say this the whole damn time and all you want to do is throw useless facts at me and pretend that he wasn't acting bitter at all

but go continue on the cuban defense force tour

who have i ever fucking defended other than dj augustin?

Why should I play stupid realgm "what if?" games when there's an august 22 date on the article and the situation has already played the fuck out and completely explained and detailed exactly what I'm talking about?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=face+painting+kit

buy it now, clown

Because you know damn well this "realGm" scenario is probably true

who have i ever fucking defended other than dj augustin?

its hard to say what counts as defending anymore when you just name dropped dj augustin

when you defend that man you will defend anyone

DY_nasty

Because you know damn well this "realGm" scenario is probably true

you are worse than chars, gabby, and the neovacs right now

cuban popped bottles, talked shit, and skeeted in your general direction after winning last year. move on dude

you are worse than chars, gabby, and the neovacs right now

cuban popped bottles, talked shit, and skeeted in your general direction after winning last year. move on dude

I'm sitting here laughing because you are actually trying to act like Cuban wouldn't pursue the biggest fish in the pond regardless of what happened.

and I have never liked the guy, it didn't take last year for that to change

miami already had a team constructed to beat dallas even if they got deron and before ray came on. same with okc. why werent they so smart then? it took the lakers fleecing the league for this to be a wise move?

DY_nasty

I'm sitting here laughing because you are actually trying to act like Cuban wouldn't pursue the biggest fish in the pond regardless of what happened.

and I have never liked the guy, it didn't take last year for that to change

who wouldn't?

DY_nasty

dude, EXACTLY. so don't lose the bidding and then say welp it was better for us to miss out on the best FA available

but it actually was better for them to miss out. because they didn't overpay for a * repeat, they didn't become detroit west. because they didn't plan a parade with deron and no flexibility, they don't get locked into being LA's punching bag again . because they got all these contracts that do provide flexibility in the next 2-3 years, they will be able to hit the ground running once OKC is the only team truly peaking instead of LA, OKC, and Miami all at once - all three of which are on an entirely different level than the entire league.

so what the fuck are you even talking about right now?

Triple U

Banned
lol no it doesn't

tim duncan got shit for years because of it

an * is an *

espn, nike, and gatorade are trying their damned best to make it seem like its a real ring

props to lebron and bosh for smacking the shit out of okc, but they did it in a lockout season - and if that's the only ring miami gets, best believe they'll never live it down

This is the dumbest thing I've read. Brings me back to that argument we had a couple doezen pages back where you still couldn't give me an answer......

but it actually was better for them to miss out. because they didn't overpay for a * repeat, they didn't become detroit west. because they didn't plan a parade with deron and no flexibility, they don't get locked into being LA's punching bag again . because they got all these contracts that do provide flexibility in the next 2-3 years, they will be able to hit the ground running once OKC is the only team truly peaking instead of LA, OKC, and Miami all at once - all three of which are on an entirely different level than the entire league.

so what the fuck are you even talking about right now?

dude, I have been saying the Same god damn thing the whole time. you are just so fucking set in your ways to be god damn RIGHT that you are turning this into whatever topic of choice you want,, spewing "what are you talking about"

i am not arguing what was a better move for them. how many times do I need to say this? all I am saying is, that it is ridiculous for him to say "we might be better off" like he thought the guy would strangle his team, even though he spent the whole year going aftre him. we have both agreed that "who wouldn't" when it comes to pursuing a big time FA. well shit if they pursued him hard, they clearly they had no regards for "are we rebuilding or are we contending?" or what salary cap ramifications they had. they wanted the big prize, struck out, then said "well shiiiiiet we are better off anyways" if you were better off and knew it from the beginning then why did you spend the entire year basically trying to woo the guy?

this is not a situation where deron hit the market and they said "why not, we have the room", they devoted a whole year to going after him. so the salary cap didn't matter then, but it does now? that is the bullshit I am calling him out on, regardless of what happened around the league. it's clear his pride is wounded from failing to land him, the comments he makes about not adding him being smart is sure as hell not what he felt at the time while going after him

but if you don't understand again the discussion should just end here.

DY_nasty

dude, I have been saying the Same god damn thing the whole time. you are just so fucking set in your ways to be god damn RIGHT that you are turning this into whatever topic of choice you want,, spewing "what are you talking about"

i am not arguing what was a better move for them. how many times do I need to say this? all I am saying is, that it is ridiculous for him to say "we might be better off" like he thought the guy would strangle his team, even though he spent the whole year going aftre him. we have both agreed that "who wouldn't" when it comes to pursuing a big time FA. vs well shit if they pursued him hard, they clearly they had no regards for "are we rebuilding or are we contending?" or what salary cap ramifications they had. they wanted the big prize, struck out, then said "well shiiiiiet we are better off anyways" if you were better off and knew it from the beginning then why did you spend the entire year basically trying to woo the guy?

this is not a situation where deron hit the market and they said "why not, we have the room", they devoted a whole year to going after him. so the salary cap didn't matter then, but it does now? that is the bullshit I am calling him out on, regardless of what happened around the league. it's clear his pride is wounded from failing to land him, the comments he makes about not adding him being smart is sure as hell not what he felt at the time while going after him

but if you don't understand again the discussion should just end here.
and you re arguing in a vacuum as if the events surrounding the entire situation somehow have no effect all of a sudden. this article didn't drop right at the beginning of free agency, before the ceiling was raised - it was put out yesterday, after the landscape of the next two years had been set in stone. the two bolded lines are NOT contradictory when you include *gasp* time.

but you got this thing in your head where i'm playing favorites or something and that i must be right. no. i LOVE being wrong. but this isn't one of those cases. this is a case of you being butthurt about cuban still and you forgetting what you were arguing in the first place

this is nothing fucking like dan gilbert at all

Barrage

The scary thing about Bynum going to the 76ers...is if they sneak into the Playoffs, the Heat get their pick.

Miami is capped out, and Philly found a way to get them a talented young body..

and you re arguing in a vacuum as if the events surrounding the entire situation somehow have no effect all of a sudden. this article didn't drop right at the beginning of free agency, before the ceiling was raised - it was put out yesterday, after the landscape of the next two years had been set in stone. the two bolded lines are NOT contradictory when you include *gasp* time.

but you got this thing in your head where i'm playing favorites or something and that i must be right. no. i LOVE being wrong. but this isn't one of those cases. this is a case of you being butthurt about cuban still and you forgetting what you were arguing in the first place

this is nothing fucking like dan gilbert at all

dude I got nothing to be butthurt about, my team is the current nba champions. you're assuming that all the shit he pulled last year Is the reason I think he is a whiny fool...i have been saying this since he has entered the league and started acting like he should own the league.

this isn't on comic sans level of rage but cuban is right along with gilbert when it comes to "stupidly outspoken owners"---deron was your man from the get go, now that he is gone, he si basically saying "never mind the fact that we gave up a season and know what our future finances are, we want this man!". then deron says no and "well we were better off!" again, they are better off, but it's something he has had to resign to, not a plan they had

and call me out on another realgm scenario all you want but I guarantee you if we go to cuban "hey cubes do you want this current roster that is basically hawks west" or "do you want your point guard of the future now" he takes the latter every time

this league is about the stars snd he knows this. he isnt getting dwight, isnt getting deron...and I am not sure who he thinks he can steal in 2014 to legit build around

also, that live video is fucking atrocious

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The scary thing about Bynum going to the 76ers...is if they sneak into the Playoffs, the Heat get their pick.

Miami is capped out, and Philly found a way to get them a talented young body..

The 76ers were most likely play bound out east anyways...

AirBrian

dude I got nothing to be butthurt about, my team is the current nba champions. you're assuming that all the shit he pulled last year Is the reason I think he is a whiny fool...i have been saying this since he has entered the league and started acting like he should own the league.

this isn't on comic sans level of rage but cuban is right along with gilbert when it comes to "stupidly outspoken owners"---deron was your man from the get go, now that he is gone, he si basically saying "never mind the fact that we gave up a season and know what our future finances are, we want this man!". then deron says no and "well we were better off!" again, they are better off, but it's something he has had to resign to, not a plan they had

and call me out on another realgm scenario all you want but I guarantee you if we go to cuban "hey cubes do you want this current roster that is basically hawks west" or "do you want your point guard of the future now" he takes the latter every time

this league is about the stars snd he knows this. he isnt getting dwight, isnt getting deron...and I am not sure who he thinks he can steal in 2014 to legit build around

also, that live video is fucking atrocious
He is very outspoken, I'll give you that. But he's also honest (as much as any other owner) when asked questions. Yeah, he does whine, but certainly not on the Gilbert scale. There's been a ton of pressure in Dallas to get him to talk about the whole situation, and he finally did. He didn't blast Deron or the Nets or anything like that. All he said is they "might" be better off now, and financially speaking, he's not lying. He's supporting the current roster that actually isn't too bad considering how things looked a month ago. There's really nothing more here.

lupinko

Was there an old one... And until he gets defeated he is the reigning champ.. So really you are just speaking for the sake of speaking?

I'm not hating, I was just saying what I see in the gif and I did word that incorrectly. The King did get a ring, and is the man currently. I take back anything that offended in the previous post.

Cuban is cool peoples. He may have diarrhea at the mouth or the Biden syndrome sometimes but he treats his players and the fans well. That Deron comment does have a little bit of salt content but who wouldn't be a little salty about the situation?

diehard

Fleer
i still wonder if Deron would have resigned with the Jazz

Please tell me Moris didn't get banned for "tl;dr" in this thread, blackace

linsivvi

Cuban is cool peoples. He may have diarrhea at the mouth or the Biden syndrome sometimes but he treats his players and the fans well. That Deron comment does have a little bit of salt content but who wouldn't be a little salty about the situation?
Yeah..i remember reading an article how he single-handedly raised the standard of how players are being treated. He does have a big ego but he's definitely not a mean spirited person like Gilbert.

Cuban treats his employees very well while they are his....then he becomes Red Sox lite. Let's not forget the whole Don Nelson fiasco, not sure whose fault that was, and the number of players he has talked shit about after they have left (but to be fair some of them deserved it---just not typically an owner's place to speak publicly on such things)

But I am done hating on Cubes, I've used up my hate for the rest of this year already. Gotta save some for the New York Jets

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/8291090/not-buying-dallas-mavericks-mark-cuban-selling

I cannot copy and paste this article from my ipad, but VINDICATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom