• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ro

hfRDJ.png
I'll wait to see it on an actual jersey, but I don't like the decreased vertical arching on the 'New York' word mark. Glad they got rid of the random black trim pieces.

SUPREME1

Banned
Protip: Don't drag your girlfriend by her hair after assaulting her (while all on camera).

Is there video of the assault? I'd like to see it before I feel too bad for this guy.

Edit: I found this in a related article -

Judge Pamela Barker said of the video: “Lane is literally cowering in a corner and she is trying to push him away from her. And ultimately, then, he, hits her in the head several times as she is cowered in that corner. That’s what the court witnessed on those videotapes, and that does not incorporate, as far as I understand, is all that took place because this was within the confines of the apartment complex.

giri

Also, Grizz and Warriors not getting enough shout outs here. Both will be good to watch.

Particularly if the Grizz can stay healthy. They could take the south west.

thekad

Banned
Dragic, Dudley, Scola, Gortat isn't bad. And Beasley will probably put up 20+ PPG and win MIP even though he hasn't actually improved at all.

re: the Clippers, it'll be fun to see if Griffin can make the jump from star -> superstar.

I can't ait for beasley to finally fulfill his 20/10 book it prophecy

I wouldn't mind him on the Wiz at the 6 million per he's being paid. He's definitely a knuckle head though.

Also, Grizz and Warriors not getting enough shout outs here. Both will be good to watch.

Particularly if the Grizz can stay healthy. They could take the south west.

Warriors did an amazing job of getting out of a no hope left situation. Kind of amazing really.

chizmiz

Banned
I expect to watch almost all of:
Knicks
Wizards
Wolves
Nets
Grizzlies

Very similar to last year, except for the Nets.

But I'll probably favor the big games most of the time, it's all about the matchups.

giri

Dragic, Dudley, Scola, Gortat isn't bad. And Beasley will probably put up 20+ PPG and win MIP even though he hasn't actually improved at all.

re: the Clippers, it'll be fun to see if Griffin can make the jump from star -> superstar.

You forget about the clippers. Mainly cause you want to with their bitch made ways.

The suns won't finish last (i think the rockets will, the roster there is a mess, more than the suns) but we'll be putrid this year, make no mistake.

Yeah, we're on the same page. I want to see him put it together. It's irrational, it'll never happen, but I'll keep holding out hope.

Gah.

I will say this, if Gentry gets Beasley to resemble a legitimate NBA starter, he should get COTY.

I can't wait for gentry to bench him.

....so you want your team to be boring and suck? what?

I have long had a soft spot for the Suns, they are kinda my closet team. they are my true hometown where I was born

that, and the gorilla was the shit in old nba jam

chizmiz

Banned

I have long had a soft spot for the Suns, they are kinda my closet team. they are my true hometown where I was born

Because Beasley could prevent them from sucking?

He's a bigger worse JR Rider.

giri

Very Very few times in the last 3 seasons has benching beasley resulted in a team being worse :p

The best thing going for the suns ins Dragic & Scola maybe being able to score efficiently. And Scola having a good defensive minded Big in Gortat. And not having to watch Gortat try to put up 20ppg.

But they will also have wes johnson on the team.

So.

Yeah...

My expectations for the seasons are 20 wins. And i'm not even hopeful of that, really.

Is YNB a top 5 PG/top 10 player?

(ESPN says so)

dude is an elite scorer and he's got the chops with perimeter D, but the dude's ball IQ and ability to run an offense are suspect to me. look at him. look at the way he plays. that aint no floor general.

chizmiz

Banned

(ESPN says so)

dude is an elite scorer and he's got the chops with perimeter D, but the dude's ball IQ and ability to run an offense are suspect to me. look at him. look at the way he plays. that aint no floor general.

He's a top 5 SG. So is Harden.

giri

(ESPN says so)

The short is, No. He isn't a top 5 PG.

aside from the knicks, im looking forward to watching the lakers. i dont think theres any other team that ill actively follow besides those two. maybe a few rockets games here and there to see lin play, as well as any huge matchups.

Baby Milo

aside from the knicks, im looking forward to watching the lakers. i dont think theres any other team that ill actively follow besides those two. maybe a few rockets games here and there to see lin play, as well as any huge matchups.

same ill prob watch most knicks games and check on the lakers

Hornets
Spurs
Grizzlies
Mavericks
Warriors

People are sleeping on the Kings a bit. Once they got an actual PG, their offense was pretty decent last year. Their interior D was terrible, but if Cousins stars playing defense, they'll be an alright team. Could be between 30-35 wins, especially if they ditch Reke.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
They got rid of the black so the dark times are over right? Right?

Yes. Nothing but grey days ahead....

Realistically I think they did it for 2 reasons. One the Nyets uniform is almost completely black so as a way to signal there rivalry they removed it. Like how Clyde hates the Celtics so much he refuses to wear green (though he does sometime but you get the point)

They are hoping Knicks fans re-up new jerseys even more now that bandwagon and ship jumpers will be displaying the Nyets black uniforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom