• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I have been made aware that his first team of choice might be the Lakers, so he actually might be on a tier of his own...

Sex L.

... wait, that sounds wrong.

was looking at last seasons stats and I see that D-Williams was damn near a league leader in turnovers at 4 per game. that, combined with his trigger happy tendencies and low fg percentage is frankly impressive.

teams I'll watch..
OKC, Timberwolves,Orlando,Celts,Spurs

edit: LOL, Joe Johnson, rakin in that cash money. fifth highest paid player in the league... I wanna say he's a bum, but he showed he could be pretty clutch down in Atlanta. not 20 million a season clutch, but..clutch.

was looking at last seasons stats and I see that D-Williams was damn near a league leader in turnovers at 4 per game. that, combined with his trigger happy tendencies and low fg percentage is frankly impressive.

teams I'll watch..

edit: LOL, Joe Johnson, rakin in that cash money. fifth highest paid player in the league... I wanna say he's a bum, but he showed he could be pretty clutch down in Atlanta. not 20 million a season clutch, but..clutch.

yea JJ is underrated. dude is clutch on the low.

teams I'll watch..

complete player, intangibles, leadership skills, locker room presence, etc

giri

Probably help if someone on the team could catch last year.

SamuraiX-

Timberwolves are gonna shock the league and NBA fans everywhere this season, barring injuries.

I feel like they're probably the biggest sleeper I've seen in a long time. Seems like everyone is pretty oblivious to them.

T Dollarz

Minny is only as good as Rubio can make them. They need his distributing presence. If he can get to where they need him to be, then yeah, they have the pieces to be a nice team.

T Dollarz

wlPX6.jpg

This bitch.

I liked the black,grey is fine too though.

btw not sure if you guys noticed but the back logo changed too.

813.gif

to

ucb47iiggt6671oa3h82od97t.gif

I liked the older one better but the new one is still decent.

i dont really like either TBH. the black one always looked like it tried too hard to be cool and edgy and the new one is kinda plain.

ive always liked the suns and especially the raptors alternate logos. best ones in the league i think.
jpn8r.jpg
3t1Crl.gif

special mention to the wizards cock and balls for memorability

Timberwolves are gonna shock the league and NBA fans everywhere this season, barring injuries.

I feel like they're probably the biggest sleeper I've seen in a long time. Seems like everyone is pretty oblivious to them.

I don't think the Wolves are being slept on that much, mostly projected for the playoffs.

I think some underestimate how horrible Beasley, Johnson, and Webster were and how improved the team will be for having averaging wings though.

giri

I don't think the Wolves are being slept on that much, mostly projected for the playoffs.

I think some underestimate how horrible Beasley, Johnson, and Webster were and how improved the team will be for having averaging wings though.

Concur with this.

Even with out Rubio, i think they'll be around .500

But only be really good when he's back.

They actually have the talent to take it to the other top teams, it's about putting it together for them.

Hey man.

the wolves will miss Wes' smile and Beasley's antics...and Webster's...uh...shitty haircut.

Can't teach dat.

In the playoffs they seemed to fit. melo pnr with amare.

wait....what?

in the playoffs all we learned was that winning one game meant dropping confetti

and Melo does not play a good PnR game as the ball handler...at all

an effective melo and amare PnR is something I have never seen on a consistent basis. it's not melo's game to be the ball handler in that situation at all

wait....what?

in the playoffs all we learned was that winning one game meant dropping confetti

and Melo does not play a good PnR game as the ball handler...at all

an effective melo and amare PnR is something I have never seen on a consistent basis. it's not melo's game to be the ball handler in that situation at all

Yea not consistent but if that transfers to this season then that is how they can work. Also of course confetti will drop since it was the first win in a long time[considering how beat up they were too] and against the eventual champs.

Yea not consistent but if that transfers to this season then that is how they can work. Also of course confetti will drop since it was the first win in a long time[considering how beat up they were too] and against the eventual champs.

You are going to be really really disappointed if you are counting on a Melo/Amare pick and roll to happen as part of the offense.

It's not in Melo's game to pass off a pick (He doesn't even really use picks that much) and he doesn't have a point guard's vision and team IQ. He is a great scorer and that's what he is, you should be banking on Felton to not suck because he's a much better PnR guy to play with than Melo. And that's not saying a lot.

giri

You are going to be really really disappointed if you are counting on a Melo/Amare pick and roll to happen as part of the offense.

It's not in Melo's game to pass off a pick (He doesn't even really use picks that much) and he doesn't have a point guard's vision and team IQ. He is a great scorer and that's what he is, you should be banking on Felton to not suck because he's a much better PnR guy to play with than Melo. And that's not saying a lot.

Eh, he's a good passer, but yeah, he's not running your offense.

You just saw that a lot last year because he was the best ball handler left standing. I mean Davis, Shump, Bibby, Lin were all down for extended periods.

melo can pass but he chooses not to most of the time. did you see him play in Syracuse?

melo can pass but he chooses not to most of the time. did you see him play in Syracuse?

No I didn't see him play a lot at Syracuse but what he did in college means absolutely nothing in the NBA.

And "he chooses not to most of the time" is not a good thing...

Eh, he's a good passer, but yeah, he's not running your offense.

You just saw that a lot last year because he was the best ball handler left standing. I mean Davis, Shump, Bibby, Lin were all down for extended periods.

Well Shump isn't a point guard, Bibby sucks, and Davis was kind of a mess the whole year and Lin was their best PnR player but he was apparently getting paid 1.1 billion so he's not a Knick now.

I'm not going to blame Melo for being put into a role he isn't comfortable with....but that's exactly what I'm saying, he's not comfortable doing that and I doubt he ever will be. Pick and roll just isn't in his basketball gene at all.

giri

No I didn't see him play a lot at Syracuse but what he did in college means absolutely nothing in the NBA.

And "he chooses not to most of the time" is not a good thing...

Well Shump isn't a point guard, Bibby sucks, and Davis was kind of a mess the whole year and Lin was their best PnR player but he was apparently getting paid 1.1 billion so he's not a Knick now.

I'm not going to blame Melo for being put into a role he isn't comfortable with....but that's exactly what I'm saying, he's not comfortable doing that and I doubt he ever will be. Pick and roll just isn't in his basketball gene at all.

No, but here's a depressing thought for everyone. He might be a top 3 post player in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom