• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarlaxle

New Knicks uniform is mostly better than the old one, those half-stripes around the sleeves kinda ruin it for me though, I don't understand how they saw that as pleasing lol.

The half-stripes aren't about trying to be aesthetically pleasing. It's meant to represent how much defensive effort Amare is going to come out with this season.

SamuraiX-

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Ex-Kings forward Donte Greene has agreed in principle to sign a contract with the Brooklyn Nets, a source tells Yahoo! Sports.

Best of luck, Donte.

Thank you for not signing with the Lakers or the Heat.

Chris Sheridan has his team offseason grades up. The Clippers getting an A+ pretty much make his rankings throwaways though.

Also: Dime Magazine Video: Anthony Davis Dunks On Skip Bayless Cardboard Cut Out

Also, the Hampton Roads area has a larger metro population than Milwaukee, OKC, Memphis, New Orleans, and Salt Lake City. Virginia Beach certainly can support a pro team. The area is the largest untapped market in the U.S. for professional sports.

Edit: Although, I suspect the Maloofs are using this for negotiating leverage. Still, smart people (with money) are buying up land around the VA Beach Convention Center as we speak.

jbug617

Banned
Also, the Hampton Roads area has a larger metro population than Milwaukee, OKC, Memphis, New Orleans, and Salt Lake City. Virginia Beach certainly can support a pro team. The area is the largest untapped market in the U.S. for professional sports.

Edit: Although, I suspect the Maloofs are using this for negotiating leverage. Still, smart people (with money) are buying up land around the VA Beach Convention Center as we speak.

The mayor of Virgina Beach is saying that a basketball team is moving there but will not reveal which team. It doesn't say NBA team so it could be a NBDL team.

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines...ng-to-virginia-beach-20120823,0,2309325.story

The mayor of Virgina Beach is saying that a basketball team is moving there but will not reveal which team. It doesn't say NBA team so it could be a NBDL team. http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines...ng-to-virginia-beach-20120823,0,2309325.story

The HR business journal is going to look real bad if this turns out to be the case. I still think this is a negotiating ploy though. Our leadership would be stupid enough to fall for it and the Maloofs would be making a bad decision to select VA Beach over much bigger cities like Seattle or St. Louis.

That said if MJ and Stern want to put a Bobcat affiliated D-League team in Va Beach or Norfolk, I'd be the biggest fan in the entire area. For my Dad it would bring back memories of the Virginia Squires with Dr. J and George Gervin. My aunt dated a guy who played for the Squires too. He dunked on my Dad at my Grandparents house when he came over to meet the family and bent the rim. It's still there to this day. I loved that story growing up.

Damn, I'm going to be let down aren't I?

Virginia with a pro team?

Damn. Still on dat Wiz train though. Takes 25 minutes to get to DC via metro in NVA vs driving to the Hampton roads area. Got family there though so I'd definitely be into em.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
That Virginia rumor is flat out from the their side and false, I reckon.

223975_148571615281262_699072928_n.jpg

I still can't believe this is my team's starting five. I think I'll finally accept it when I see it all on the court... this season is getting me hyped!

so fuckin bullshit. I'll never get over this trade unless Dwight comes to Dallas.... :'(

I just wish Metta would go back to being Ron Artest.

Decided to check out Mettas stats for last year.

It was way worse than I expected.

An 11 per, 39% FG percentage, 29% 3P percentage, 61% FT percentage.

Ron has some of the best hands defensively that I've ever seen in basketball, but does he have the lateral speed anymore to be worth anything at SF?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Decided to check out Mettas stats for last year.

It was way worse than I expected.

An 11 per, 39% FG percentage, 29% 3P percentage, 61% FT percentage.

Ron has some of the best hands defensively that I've ever seen in basketball, but does he have the lateral speed anymore to be worth anything at SF?

He might be better suited for a backup PF now and days..

I just wish Metta would go back to being Ron Artest.

And be deprived of seeing him act a fool in a clip of Yo Gabba Gabba? I think not...

One of the biggest tragedies in all of sports history is that of Kobe Bryant only winning one MVP Award in his career. You can't deny that.

If I had the money necessary to make it a reality, I would turn the Kobe dunking over Nash image into a proper metal trophy that I could display in my house.

See half the games in one season?

Lol, I know it's bad to admit this but that's the same thing I was thinking when I first heard of it. Probably will see the same amount of games that Roy does in a year. (I don't know if 41 games is optimistic or pessimistic for Roy, unfortunately....)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Eduardo Najera is retiring from the NBA and will become the head coach of the Texas Legends of the D-League, according to sources.

Najera will take over form Del Harris and will also have an ownership stake.

Najera played 12 seasons in the NBA.
Via Marc Stein/ESPN

viva la mexicat

SUPREME1

Banned
happy birthday kobe.
get #6, #17 and that goat status, all in one swoop, son!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR KOBEEEE

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOU

AND MANY MOOOOORE... ON CHANNEL FOOOOUR...

WITH A FAT LADY... ON CHANNEL EIGHTY...

<3 BLACK MAMBA

I shall eat Beans today in your honor. I would eat Kobe beef, but my wallet isn't up for it.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
The Kings are coming to Virginia o_O

DA FUCK

Virginia Beach can't support a professional team. Every professional team that comes to Richmond folds within 3 years. We had one of the first women pro basketball teams and the WNBA bodied them out of existence. I don't like this at all. I bet we have to pay for the stadium too :(

but fuck all that

3x3 world championships started today.
http://greece2012.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/12/3x3/wc/p/team-search.html

Team USA's beat player is Skylar Diggins :(

The '04 Mavs had Nowitzki, Nash (one summer before MVP season), prime Jamison, prime Finley, Marquis Daniels, and 'Toine...and lost in a 5 game sweep to the Queens.

If I remember right, that team had god awful chemistry.

I still remember being in my high school locker room when everybody was screaming OMG WE GOT ANTOINE WALKER THIS MAVS TEAM IS GONNA BE SO SICK

that tune changed about 3 games into the season

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
If I remember right, that team had god awful chemistry.

I still remember being in my high school locker room when everybody was screaming OMG WE GOT ANTOINE WALKER THIS MAVS TEAM IS GONNA BE SO SICK

that tune changed about 3 games into the season

Walker and Shaq carried Wade to a ring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom