• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

btw how the hell did Rivers go before Lamb in the draft?

going to go down as such a stupid move

sZSwZ.jpg

I love this Tony Mitchell guy. Hope we can pick him up if we don't resign T-Will.

exarkun

Royce and Lamb look very good out there. Could two picks pan out for the rox instead of our usual none?

Morris continues to look lost when he doesn't have the ball on offense...

Is the S in the Knicks for short term memory?

Weren't some of yal asking for him to come off the bench? Hell, isn't that NY's answer for all of their roster issues now? "All Carmelo does is jack up shots and derail the offense" "Bring him off the bench!" "Baron Davis wtf man... " "Bring him off the bench!" "Lin can't mesh with Melo" "BRING HIM OFF THE BENCH!"

To be fair, the alternative is "ISO".
And Amare isn't done, but is he worth that contract? Hell no. Not dependable for the playoffs, gives up what he scores. He needs the Suns training staff and biotics at this point.

The sad part is that no one really read your post about being mad at Dolan.
Some Stockholm shit. Mediocre franchise stays mediocre, fans support it in droves.

Well guess all that's left for us is to get the 2 Hills and see if we can trade off McRoberts and Blake to free up room for someone else.

Eh, Blake can go. I like McBobs.

charsace

I'll believe Howard when he signs an extension.

After "I love this city and our fans! . . .Trade me to the Nets, kthx" everything rings a little hollow, especially after eight years of kissing his ass.

What he's really saying is that he likes partying there and putting babies in them Orlando ladies. That's what he really loves. I believe Howard is a grandchild of Wilt.

SamuraiX-

Jonathan Santiago
Geoff Petrie was mum on whether Aaron Brooks is being brought in to compete for the #NBAKings starting point guard spot. "His role is going to be to come in and be a very good player," the Kings president of basketball operations said with a grin.

Hope.

Nelo Ice

Banned
On the one hand ... meh.

On the other hand, our bench is so bad you almost could use the word "tremendous" to describe the improvment he would bring.

Yeah we really aren't getting anyone relevant so whoever wants to come on the hope of getting a ring is the best shot we got. And no RFA is coming unless the other team wants our dogshit lol.

SamuraiX-

Why wouldn't you start Brooks? He's better than Thomas, who would be great coming off the bench.

You obviously haven't watched enough of either player if you really believe that Aaron Brooks would be a better starting PG for this team over Isaiah Thomas.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
To be fair, the alternative is "ISO".
And Amare isn't done, but is he worth that contract? Hell no. Not dependable for the playoffs, gives up what he scores. He needs the Suns training staff and biotics at this point.

The sad part is that no one really read your post about being mad at Dolan.

Some Stockholm shit. Mediocre franchise stays mediocre, fans support it in droves.

Knicks-Rihanna-age

exarkun

?

Budinger, Brooks, Landry, Parsons, Patterson all turned out to be pretty good.

Budinger and Pattersons' defense leaves some to be desired. Tho Patterson has gotten better.

Brooks and Landry are ok.

Parsons is by far the best (in my opinion). And a legitimate find.

So yea, my statement was exaggerated but none of them looked like Lamb in the summer league. And PPat doesn't play D like White.

edit: Since when did Morris actually hustle?

pilonv1

You obviously haven't watched enough of either player if you really believe that Aaron Brooks would be a better starting PG for this team over Isaiah Thomas.

I saw plenty of Thomas last year, nothing wrong with not starting if he's playing at the end the game. I think Thomas off the bench could be a good spark.

Anyway, look at this defense by Jamison, screams "Lakers bench player" to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKrWR9DIpM0

Budinger and Pattersons' defense leaves some to be desired. Tho Patterson has gotten better.

Brooks and Landry are ok.

Parsons is by far the best (in my opinion). And a legitimate find.

So yea, my statement was exaggerated but none of them looked like Lamb in the summer league. And PPat doesn't play D like White.

Two Words: Donte Greene. His summer league performance propelled us into the second round.

eh....... fuck

I hope there's not much weight to that story. :-/

That James Johnson story came from a friend who's a season ticket holder and hangs with the announcer and knows a couple of other guys who work for the team. So, it's third hand and unofficial if that makes you feel any better. But he was definitely on the outs with the team in the second half of the season for some reason. Frankly if I were in your shoes I'd hope the weed on the plane story was true. Almost everybody in the league at least smokes herb, but that's the kind of dumb thing you're only going to do once.

SUPREME1

Banned
Hill > McR

Nash/Blake
Mamba/Glock
MWP/Ebanks
Pau/Jamison
Bynum/Hill

Dwight would take it to another level, but fuck that puto. <3

SamuraiX-

That James Johnson came from a friend who's a season ticket holder and hangs with the announcer and knows a couple of other guys who work for the team. So, it's third hand and unofficial if that makes you feel any better. But he was definitely on the outs with the team in the second half of the season for some reason. Frankly if I were in your shoes I'd hope the weed on the plane story was true. Almost everybody in the league at least smokes herb, but that's the kind of dumb thing you're only going to do once.

Hope so. I've always liked the kid for his size and defense, but I haven't watched him closely for a while so I don't know where his activity and awareness is at. I just hope he can keep developing as he has been in his first four years.

Barbosa, Nene, Splitter, Varejao vs. Team USA... I also remember Huertas tearing it up from the 2010 FIBAs.

Should be a more exciting game.

Jimmer is a ball hog. I think he is killing the Kings summer league team and TRob. TRob is stepping out to the 3 point line to catch the ball because he won't get any touches near the rim.

SamuraiX-

Why the hell did the Kings sign Brooks, another shoot first, midget PG? Kings have more than enough guards and chuckers already. WTF Petrie.

The only thing I'm hoping for out of this signing is for Jimmer to now value his minutes more and prepare himself better for when he receives an opportunity to step foot on the court. Because those opportunities are going to be a helluva lot more rare from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom