• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Banned
Again, all of that changed the moment he hurt his back. Quit living in the past. That Amare is long gone.

Um..ok?

No one is saying he's coming back. All you armchair GMs are saying they should have amnestied him because he had an injury and you have the benefit of hindsight. Yeah, let's amnesty a player who got injured and wasn't playing at the same level he was pre-injury. You know, because nobody ever recovers from injuries..

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Um..ok?

No one is saying he's coming back. All you armchair GMs are saying they should have amnestied him because he had an injury and you have the benefit of hindsight. Yeah, let's amnesty a player who got injured and wasn't playing at the same level he was pre-injury. You know, because nobody ever recovers from injuries..

Hindsight? Amare's contract was a joke the moment it was printed. He didn't "get" injured. He's been injured for years.

Um..ok?

Yeah, I agree with you.

I don't think they should have considered amnesty last year either, but it's lacking vision when last offseason, you blow your amnesty on an expiring player in Billups even though Amare has a shaky injury history and everyone was screaming HIS BODY WILL MIKE MILLER ITSELF EVENTUALLY

charsace

This Amare talk is quite stupid. At one point he was a dominant player and I don't think anyone saw him falling off this quickly. I remember some of us thinking that he would slow down due to his eye injury and back problems, but the dude barely qualifies as an NBA starter right now.

A lot of you are gonna eat all this bullshit when he's putting up 22 ppg on 50% shooting next season.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28095753&postcount=18463

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25224668&postcount=1368

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25224526&postcount=1364

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25224438&postcount=1360

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25162396&postcount=18773

Lets pretend only Knicks fans thought Amare was MVP. Most of you hypocrite cocksuckers can cram dick.

DY_nasty

I don't think they should have considered amnesty last year either, but it's lacking vision when last offseason, you blow your amnesty on an expiring player in Billups even though Amare has a shaky injury history and everyone was screaming HIS BODY WILL MIKE MILLER ITSELF EVENTUALLY

I'm not saying they should've amnestied Amare, but I definitely would've held off on Billups. And Carmelo. And McGrady.

That organization has a complete lack of foresight.

I think I have a bigger issue with them using the amnesty on Billups (it still doesn't make any sense to me) than I do with them giving Amare that contract. Amare, at one time, was one of the best PFs in the league offensively. They were pairing him with his former coach where he had is glory days. It's just that nothing has worked out for them. Pringles is no longer there and Amare has fallen off big time.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Plenty of people have acknowledged that Amar'e was an early MVP candidate, which it seems is what all these posts are saying.

charsace

He's had a successful career of playing center defense

Yep
So he hasn't been successful playing center? Because he has. He has played most of his minutes at center and his teams won. His teams made playoff runs. His he the perfect player? No. But to pretend he doesn't bring anything to the table is a straight up lie.

22 PPG?

Way to set the bar high, Knicks-age

good job

good effort
So you're gonna pretend 22 ppg from a big isn't great in today's league? Dwight can barely touch 20 so don't try to play off 22ppg from a big. 16ppg game from a big man is a lot in today's game. Kevin Love puts up 26 ppg game on a losing team and rank him as one of the best players today. SO yes, 22ppg from a big is great.

Why are you so mad? What I said still stands. The dude was fucking terrible last year. He wasn't defending, he wasn't rebounding, he wasn't finishing around the rim, and his jumper was off. What good was he? He may recover next year. He might return to form. We'll see.

So he hasn't been successful playing center? Because he has. He has played most of his minutes at center and his teams won. His teams made playoff runs. His he the perfect player? No. But to pretend he doesn't bring anything to the table is a straight up lie.

Amare at center isn't winning a title in any league in any year BECAUSE of his lack of defense. I'm not sure how you are completely ignoring this and I'm not sure how I have pretended that he "doesn't bring anything to the table"

What the hell is wrong with you

DY_nasty

He doesn't now. And with his history of injuries it makes more sense to assume that he'll continue to suck or perform well at the beginning of a season then burn out again than to say that he'll return to playing better than Boozer again.

Amare at Center? lol... lets act like those PHX teams weren't stacked either while we're at it.

SamuraiX-

what does this meaaaaaaan

Bring back TWill
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick
As @Thirty2zero - free agent point guard Aaron Brooks - just tweeted, source confirms he has agreed to sign with the Kings.
Sactown Royalty ‏@sactownroyalty
Kings Maybe, Probably Sign Aaron Brooks http://t.co/9LTI3mFH
James Ham ‏@James_Ham
Sources confirming that the Kings are close to signing veteran free agent guard Aaron Brooks.
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick
Brooks has been on the Kings' radar for years. Great sign for Kings fans that they want to turn this around now. No more PG experiments.
John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
Aaron Brooks is reporting that Aaron Brooks has a deal with the Kings. Sac had $3.5 mil in cap by my count, $4.4 if waive Whiteside.
James Ham ‏@James_Ham
For those who are asking, the Kings are adding, not subtracting. They can fit Brooks in.
Jason Jones
Aaron Brooks is on his way to Sacramento. The point guard tweeted "Sacramento Kings" in the last hour. The deal is agreed upon and expected to be worth around $3 million. Working on length of deal, but it's at least two years. The Kings would have 15 players under contract with Brooks. Of those players, Hassan Whiteside does not have a guaranteed deal. If the Kings look to keep an open roster spot, Whiteside could be in trouble.

Jason Jones ‏@mr_jasonjones
Brooks addition would put the Kings right near the salary cap of $58.044 million, the highest payroll since 2008-09.

But we just...

I thought.....

How can we.......

9jei6.gif

Mxrz

Amar'e was listed on those MVP race/lists on NBA.com for a couple weeks that first season with the Knicks. I'm weird, but I thought that squad was fun to watch and had potential. Considering he broke down, maybe trading for Melo wasn't so horrible.

Classy, he took out a full page ad on the Boston Globe.
tumblr_m79j5g0Q1g1r4e5zuo1_500.jpg

"So in closing, you can trade your lips to my South-Beach playing ass."

charsace

He doesn't now. And with his history of injuries it makes more sense to assume that he'll continue to suck or perform well at the beginning of a season then burn out again than to say that he'll return to playing better than Boozer again.

Amare at Center? lol... lets act like those PHX teams weren't stacked either while we're at it.
Lets pretend that Amare wasn't a monster when he was on the Suns. Lets pretend he wasn't one of the scariest offensive players in the league. Lets pretend that offensive abilities in the pick and roll didn't the Suns. Dude came back from a serious knee injury that could have ended his career and still scared teams even though he wasn't close to being the monster that he was before it.

Amare will catching bodies next season. Hell, even with a bad back he was catching them.

Lets pretend that Amare wasn't a monster when he was on the Suns. Lets pretend he wasn't one of the scariest offensive players in the league. Lets pretend that offensive abilities in the pick and roll didn't the Suns. Dude came back from a serious knee injury that could have ended his career and still scared teams even though he wasn't close to being the monster that he was before it.

Amare will catching bodies next season. Hell, even with a bad back he was catching them.

Let's pretend that Amare isn't 30 by the time next season rolls around and that Phoenix Amare still exists

SamuraiX-

James Ham ‏@James_Ham
The Sacramento Kings have waived Hassan Whiteside.
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick
The Kings' Hassan Whiteside was waived to make room for Brooks. Atlanta also waived Jordan Farmar.

I'm not incredibly disappointed about this because this kid just doesn't get it, but I would rather experiment with him for at least 2 more years instead of waiving him to sign AARON FUCKING BROOKS.

etiolate

Banned
Most of the Kings capspace is being spent on guys like Salmons, Cisco, Thornton and Hayes. The only player in that group I assume will see regular playtime is Thornton. Most of their salary cap is spent on dead weight.

edit: Yes, goodbye Whiteside. Dude did not give a fuck.

charsace

Let's pretend that Amare isn't 30 by the time next season rolls around and that Phoenix Amare still exists

I don't think he will be Suns Amare. But you would have to be a straight idiot to think that an offensive player as good as Amare won't put up some numbers next season. He's going to be healthy.

In the middle of last season when his back was getting better Amare started looking like the offensive player that he usually is. He was hitting his jumper and getting reverse layups and dunks in traffic that you would expect him to get.

People saying Amare is done are stupid. His back was so bad that he couldn't even bend when he was jumping. Do you guys really think he's gonna look like that this season when he started looking good last season? in the 10 games before he went down with the knee injury Amare was shooting around 55%. All you guys hoping he won't be ok should be ashamed of yourselves.

I don't think he will be Suns Amare. But you would have to be a straight idiot to think that an offensive player as good as Amare won't put up some numbers next season. He's going to be healthy.

In the middle of last season when his back was getting better Amare started looking like the offensive player that he usually is. He was hitting his jumper and getting reverse layups and dunks in traffic that you would expect him to get.

People saying Amare is done are stupid. His back was so bad that he couldn't even bend when he was jumping. Do you guys really think he's gonna look like that this season when he started looking good last season? in the 10 games before he went down with the knee injury Amare was shooting around 55%. All you guys hoping he won't be ok should be ashamed of yourselves.

wow he'll get some easy buckets on pick and rolls. HIs defense and rebounding are still garbage and he's not worth anywhere near what the Knicks gave him. His scoring 20 ppg while allowing the other team to score and rebound at will won't change that.

Fox318

I know you all laughed (as did I at the petition) but they have over 7,000 signatures...

http://www.change.org/petitions/new-york-knicks-management-keep-jeremy-lin-match-the-houston-rockets-offer#

DY_nasty

Amare was a monster on the Suns. He was so good that his "MVP Season" in NY wasn't even his best. But he was also surrounded by some damned good players in JJ, Marion, and Diaw - that was the only time that him playing Center made any kind of sense. And even then, it was catastrophic on the defensive end as well.

He's hurt. His knees went, and his body tried to adapt by shifting that stress to his back, now his back is fucked too. He'll come back, look good for 20 or maybe even 30 games, then he'll be back to the same shit that we saw last year - and that's the best case scenario.

It's time to deal with it. There's was a time for hope. It was Lin. Not this. A near 40 yr old point guard that looked like he should've considered retirement after his ring, a fatass that was undoubtedly the worst starting point guard in the league, Super Augmon, gimped shump, jrynot, and the Chandler and Camby (legit good players) ain't getting it done. Ever. Its never going to happen. Your franchise took one of the best blowups and not only failed to make a team, but one that can't even begin to start a new rebuild process for another two years.

Its time to be mad at your fucked up franchise. The Nets are retarded - but by being complete idiots, they've got a chance of putting a better product on the floor next season by simply not being the Knicks.

Be mad at Dolan. Its time to be real about this shit.

charsace

wow he'll get some easy buckets on pick and rolls. HIs defense and rebounding are still garbage and he's not worth anywhere near what the Knicks gave him. His scoring 20 ppg while allowing the other team to score and rebound at will won't change that.
He's an average rebounder for his career. Just because he doesn't grab 12 rebounds a game doesn't mean he's a bad rebounder. He's a good offensive rebounder and a mediocre defensive rebounder. He's as good a rebounder as Chris Bosh and Gasol for his career, and I don't see people knocking those two guys.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
We all knew Amare was short for this game after his microfracture surgeries.

Anyone who thought otherwise was just wishful thinking.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Shits so fake.

Why would a Orlando magic fan fake it and make his fav team look stupid. Celebs/ even a certain Knick lol have been known to dm random people and say stupid shit.

Dwight is a moron so don't completely rule it out.

PBY

Banned
Why would a Orlando magic fan fake it and make his fav team look stupid. Celebs/ even a certain Knick lol have been known to dm random people and say stupid shit.

Dwight is a moron so don't completely rule it out.

Are you new to the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom