• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dwight's met with Hennigan a couple times now at least so I dunno if I buy those tweets

Then again Jarrod Rudolph is trashing the guy who posted the DMs lulz

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Are you new to the internet?

I know it can easily be faked, I'm just saying I don't rule anything out when it comes to bball players and the stupid shit they do. Stoudemire sent a direct message on Twitter calling a guy gay or some shit if I recall.

This Magic Markee guy is followed by a handful of Magic players according to the magic board.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I think Kemba can be an all-star.

Don't tell me otherwise. He had a triple double against the Wizards.

TRIPLE

DOUBLE

Jimmer for Jeff Taylor.

Who says no?

mjamsad5jk.gif

It'll never be what he was brought in to do.

That much is guaranteed.

If that is "win a championship", and by some act of God the Knicks actually won - but STAT was only a 17ppg/8rpg contributor to that chip, people in this thread would claim vindication too.

If that is "be a star player worthy of his contract", and STAT put up 25ppg/10rpg/1bpg but didn't win the title, people would claim vindication and say that he's still a joke.

It doesn't matter in this thread, so whatever.

I think he will be 2010-2011 Amare again, since he'll be healed up/in shape, there'll be training camp, and he'll probably hit that jumper that betrayed him last year...but that's just my belief. I know it's apparently factually impossible for any of that to be true, but fuck it - I'm a fan of the Knicks.

DY_nasty

If that is "win a championship", and by some act of God the Knicks actually won - but STAT was only a 17ppg/8rpg contributor to that chip, people in this thread would claim vindication too.

If that is "be a star player worthy of his contract", and STAT put up 25ppg/10rpg/1bpg but didn't win the title, people would claim vindication and say that he's still a joke.

It doesn't matter in this thread, so whatever.

I think he will be 2010-2011 Amare again, since he'll be healed up/in shape, there'll be training camp, and he'll probably hit that jumper that betrayed him last year...but that's just my belief. I know it's apparently factually impossible for any of that to be true, but fuck it - I'm a fan of the Knicks.

8 rebounds per game? slow down cowboy

SamuraiX-

“We’re really excited about the prospect of Aaron joining the team,” said Petrie. “The fact that he’s chosen to play for the Kings makes us feel good about what he’ll be able to provide to us on the court. Aaron’s another young player who brings a lot of speed, quickness, experience and scoring ability.”

Geoff "TROLL SO HARD" Petrie, ladies and gentlemen.

Gabyskra

Banned
he'll probably hit that jumper that betrayed him last year...but that's just my belief.

I agree with you on that part. It won't be huge, but it will be somewhat of a bounceback season after a weird, weird season. Shortened, burdened by grief, poor conditioning, etc.

SamuraiX-

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
Hawks announce Korver acquired from Bulls for cash.

For cash? With 2 years left on his deal? Can they do that? lol Never mind, he's expiring this year and that final $5M on his contract is non-guaranteed.

Could be a nice pickup for the Hawks, but then again Korver has been pretty terrible since his contract year in Utah.

charsace

I agree with you on that part. It won't be huge, but it will be somewhat of a bounceback season after a weird, weird season. Shortened, burdened by grief, poor conditioning, etc.

17.5ppg on 48% shooting in a bad season for him. And dudes on here are saying he's done.

DY_nasty

17.5ppg on 48% shooting in a bad season for him. And dudes on here are saying he's done.

Is the S in the Knicks for short term memory?

Weren't some of yal asking for him to come off the bench? Hell, isn't that NY's answer for all of their roster issues now? "All Carmelo does is jack up shots and derail the offense" "Bring him off the bench!" "Baron Davis wtf man... " "Bring him off the bench!" "Lin can't mesh with Melo" "BRING HIM OFF THE BENCH!"

Do you actually trust him to be a healthy basketball player who is not a liability to a team when April and May rolls around? I sure hope you answered yes right away.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
For cash? With 2 years left on his deal? Can they do that? lol Never mind, he's expiring this year and that final $5M on his contract is non-guaranteed.

Could be a nice pickup for the Hawks, but then again Korver has been pretty terrible since his contract year in Utah.
Give the small market Bulls a break, those poor guys have fallen on hard times, as they've only been the most profitable team of the past decade.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Um..ok?

No one is saying he's coming back. All you armchair GMs are saying they should have amnestied him because he had an injury and you have the benefit of hindsight. Yeah, let's amnesty a player who got injured and wasn't playing at the same level he was pre-injury. You know, because nobody ever recovers from injuries..

How many more injuries does Amare have to go through? A back injury isn't something you just "recover" from, especially the moment you hit 30 and have been in this league for a decade.

SamuraiX-

Give the small market Bulls a break, those poor guys have fallen on hard times, as they've only been the most profitable team of the past decade.

Things will get better before they get worse. Hang in there, bro.

And thank you so much for dropping that blasphemous avatar.

I feel like the one dude who thinks he can play good next year.

idk

nah i also think hell be alright next season.

though i still think he should come off the bench since he doesnt get much attention when melo is on the floor. that will never happen though :(

SamuraiX-

These T-Rob iso pull-up jumpers are going to take years off my life during the regular season.

And his defense makes Reke look like Gary Payton.

Mxrz

I'll believe Howard when he signs an extension.

After "I love this city and our fans! . . .Trade me to the Nets, kthx" everything rings a little hollow, especially after eight years of kissing his ass.

SamuraiX-

Jimmer looks more confident, but his shot is still flat as hell. He's never on balance when he rises up for a jumper like he was in college. At least he's been attacking the rim and using screens well.

SamuraiX-

Jimmer needs to stop attacking the basket and keep shooting bad jumpshots.

lol

Lamb looking really nice. I don't understand the complaints with him about complacency and motor. He's been more active than T-Rob this summer league.

T-Rob needs to settle the fuck down. wtf man

SamuraiX-

you have turned on him crazy quick man.

it's summer league..

If summer league matter Turner would be a bu...

well fuck.

sorry bro.

I haven't turned on him. I'm just preparing myself and accepting the fact that he'll be coming off the bench for JT for probably two or three seasons before he realizes bullshit college moves and offense as well as "Ole!" lazy defense doesn't cut it in the NBA.

Reminds me of DMC's transition into the NBA and his shameball SL performances in 2010.

lol Jimmer

He heard about the Brooks signing and realized that he would currently be a 5th string guard on this team and now he's like "I AIN'T BOUT DAT LIFE, SON!"

19 pts, 5-11 FG, 1-3 3PT, 8-8 FT, 3 reb, 1 ast, 1 stl after the 1st half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom