• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
yeah, so now that I actually looked at espn's 2012 player ranking...
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8394313/2012-nba-player-rankings-41-50
lol@ Ibaka's ranking. overpaid and overhyped. he has terrible hands, bites on every pump fake, and weak post game.
I hope Rubio worked on his shot during his recovery period, (dat .357 fg%) cause once his shot starts falling look the fuck out. Im more excited about him this season than Uncle Drew, cause he has much more talent to work with.

Ryan Anderson top 50 player!

:(

lol at Amar'e being in the top 100 let alone top 50.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Ryan Anderson top 50 player!

:(

lol at Amar'e being in the top 100 let alone top 50.
Name 50 players in the NBA clearly better than stat

Should be easy since there should be 100 better than him

Weak troll

giri

lol @ ibaka being rated higher than cousins

But Blocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Name 50 players in the NBA clearly better than stat

Should be easy since there should be 100 better than him

Weak troll

He's completely terrible at 80% of basketball. If was actually a top 50 player, the Knicks wouldn't have been a terrible team for almost all of last year and wouldn't have been much better when he was missing games.

Blackace

He's completely terrible at 80% of basketball. If was actually a top 50 player, the Knicks wouldn't have been a terrible team for almost all of last year and wouldn't have been much better when he was missing games.
still not 50 players clearly better than him in the NBA today

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

If you were talking about the playoffs I would have to admit you might be right but regular season well your wrong, very very wrong and maybe you should watch more knicks games from last year before you blame stat.

still not 50 players clearly better than him in the NBA today

Yes, there are, there are hundreds.

Knicks' record with Amare playing: 22-25
Knicks' record with Amare not playing: 14-5

Amare on the court: Knicks outscored by 3 points per 100 possessions
Amare on the bench: Knicks outscore opponent by 7.5 points per 100 possessions

That doesn't happen unless a player is awful. Amare is so bad at everything other than scoring that he can't help your team win unless he's an elite scorer and he's just good at scoring now. Role players like Crash or AK47 or Collison are better than him by a good deal because they don't actively hurt their team to a huge degree. He's Drew Gooden now.

That doesn't happen unless a player is awful. Amare is so bad at
everything other than scoring that he can't help your team win unless
he's an elite scorer and he's just good at scoring now. Role players
like Crash or AK47 or Collison are better than him by a good deal
because they don't actively hurt their team to a huge degree. He's Drew Gooden now.

lol at record without amare.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

That doesn't happen unless a player is awful. Amare is so bad at everything other than scoring that he can't help your team win unless he's an elite scorer and he's just good at scoring now. Role players like Crash or AK47 or Collison are better than him by a good deal because they don't actively hurt their team to a huge degree. He's Drew Gooden now.

its called spacing man and lack of PG. a lot of players performance can be dictated by the make up of there team and in the case of the knicks last year bad coaching for most of the season.

SUPREME1

Banned
...everyone on BEST-GAF should make a list of the top 50(100?) players they would take in a draft, they're defacto top 50(100?) players list. And it should be posted in the OP of the next thread to be referenced in future debates (for mock or props).

This way we can get a good idea of what individual posters think of certain players... and get an overall consensus of where any given player falls within the confines of BEST-GAF.

This would also help guys who don't watch every available game become more knowledgable about lesser known players... especially young guys who might be on the rise but haven't made a name for themselves quite yet.

We should do this annually. Or better yet, twice a season. Once during pre-season and once again at the half way point. Players are bound to drop off while other rise.

Would someone be willing to come up with an easy way of doing this?

This was inspired by the talk about Dwight recently and Amare a little earlier. Dwight, top 2, top 5, or top 10(injury concerns)?

Amare... top 15, top 25, or top 100(iwmtb you so crazy)?

Blackace

There really aren't..

And I doubt the Thunder would rather have Collison over Stat..

Blackace

...everyone on BEST-GAF should make a list of the top 50(100?) players they would take in a draft, they're defacto top 50(100?) players list. And it should be posted in the OP of the next thread to be referenced in future debates (for mock or props).

This way we can get a good idea of what individual posters think of certain players... and get an overall consensus of where any given player falls within the confines of BEST-GAF.

This would also help guys who don't watch every available game become more knowledgable about lesser known players... especially young guys who might be on the rise but haven't made a name for themselves quite yet.

We should do this annually. Or better yet, twice a season. Once during pre-season and once again at the half way point. Players are bound to drop off while other rise.

Would someone be willing to come up with an easy way of doing this?

Well hop to it

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/nbarank-orl-2012/2012-nba-player-rankings-orlando-magic

Afflalo is garbage too.

I don't hate on Amare that much, I think he could sneak into the top 100 (just because thats a lot of dudes) but there isn't another player in the league who gets by more on reputation than actual performance. He was the 3rd best player on a team that wouldn't have made the playoffs in the East if Jeremy Lin didn't bail them out.

Blackace

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/nbarank-orl-2012/2012-nba-player-rankings-orlando-magic

Afflalo is garbage too.

I don't hate on Amare that much, I think he could sneak into the top 100 (just because thats a lot of dudes) but there isn't another player in the league who gets by more on reputation than actual performance. He was the 3rd best player on a team that wouldn't have made the playoffs in the East if Jeremy Lin didn't bail them out.

Well most PFs need a PG...

Omega

Banned

don't insult drew gooden like that.

giri

Afflalo is garbage too.

Afflalo is a really good player.

He's never going to be elite or what not. But plays really good D. Shoots the 3 efficiently. Can finish going to the rim with better handles now.

He's the ideal SG to fit alongside many other players, particularly with so many good/decent PG's floating around now.

He isn't an all star guy though.

Not sure what he ended up getting paid, but i remember thinking he screwed the nuggets hard.

Is there still that much of a belief that supporting players depend hugely on their PG after last year? CP3 went to the Clippers, none of his teammates other than Foye got better (and that could easily be a random fluke). Deron Williams was traded from the Jazz, none of his teammates other than CJ Miles got worse. The guys often considered to be the best PGs in the NBA changed teams and didn't affect the quality of play of their teammates in the slightest.

giri

Is there still that much of a belief that supporting players depend hugely on their PG after last year? CP3 went to the Clippers, none of his teammates other than Foye got better (and that could easily be a random fluke). Deron Williams was traded from the Jazz, none of his teammates got worse. The guys often considered to be the best PGs in the NBA changed teams and didn't affect the quality of play of their teammates in the slightest.

The teams they left got significantly worse.

Thats sort of a relevant factor you're glossing over.

The teams they left got significantly worse.

Thats sort of a relevant factor you're glossing over.

That's because Devin Harris is a worse player than Deron and Jarret Jack is a worse player than CP3; their teammates produced and played at the exact same levels as before.

SUPREME1

Banned
Is there still that much of a belief that supporting players depend hugely on their PG after last year? CP3 went to the Clippers, none of his teammates other than Foye got better (and that could easily be a random fluke). Deron Williams was traded from the Jazz, none of his teammates other than CJ Miles got worse. The guys often considered to be the best PGs in the NBA changed teams and didn't affect the quality of play of their teammates in the slightest.

I'll get back in a few months after I get to watch Nash work with his new BFFs.

giri

That's because Devin Harris is a worse player than Deron and Jarret Jack is a worse player than CP3; their teammates produced and played at the exact same levels as before.

If the players around them produced at the same level, but only one got worse, than their presence missing shouldn't be such an impact.

But it is.

Look at the stats and efficiency of guys who have left the suns after playing with Nash.

They pretty much all got worse.

If the players around them produced at the same level, but only one got worse, than their presence missing shouldn't be such an impact.

But it is.

Look at the stats and efficiency of guys who have left the suns after playing with Nash.

They pretty much all got worse.

A guy getting 38 minutes per game who gets a ton of touches getting replaced with a much worse player should make a huge impact regardless of teammates.

Also, giri, going by that logic, LeBron is the greatest of all time at making his teammates better. After all, he's just one player, him leaving the Cavs shouldn't have caused them to win 45 fewer games unless he was god-like at making his teammates better going by this train of thought.

Blackace

Also, giri, going by that logic, LeBron is the greatest of all time at making his teammates better. After all, he's just one player, him leaving the Cavs shouldn't have caused them to win 45 fewer games unless he was god-like at making his teammates better going by this train of thought.

This isn't 100% untrue...

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
the hope of a San Antonio/Atlanta WNBA Finals is alive again!

It's kind of hard to miss the playoffs in the WNBA when 80% of the teams get in.

edit: the WNBA is having a draft lottery for the first time

It's like 3 teams that don't make the playoffs o_O

the hope of a San Antonio/Atlanta WNBA Finals is alive again!

It's kind of hard to miss the playoffs in the WNBA when 80% of the teams get in.

Is NY's WNBA team as poorly managed, managed better or managed worse than The Knicks.

There are jokes for all possible answers.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Playing Borderlands 2...

damn I'm bad at FPS.

I'm on some Turner in the playoffs shit right now.

Speaking of which the game is hilariously broken right now espcially on PC. Consoles have the dupe glitch but PC you can get that along with badass rank hack and infinite golden keys by editing a freaking ini file. O and not to mention on PC a ton of people including me can't connect to a single freaking co-op game.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Is NY's WNBA team as poorly managed, managed better or managed worse than The Knicks.

There are jokes for all possible answers.

Liberty are a development team. They draft great players and trade them away before they get good.

NY can actually still make the playoffs if they win their last 2 games...both games are vs. Tulsa. They suck.

giri

Speaking of which the game is hilariously broken right now espcially on PC. Consoles have the dupe glitch but PC you can get that along with badass rank hack and infinite golden keys by editing a freaking ini file. O and not to mention on PC a ton of people including me can't connect to a single freaking co-op game.

But they wrote a letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/me fart

Nelo Ice

Banned
But they wrote a letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/me fart

The exploits probably wont be a problem since I play with friends. But besides that the game runs great and is incredibly optimized. But damn this co-op issue is the most irritating since I can't play at all.

giri

The exploits probably wont be a problem since I play with friends. But besides that the game runs great and is incredibly optimized. But damn this co-op issue is the most irritating since I can't play at all.

in other words, they released another buggy game?

hardly surprised.

Nelo Ice

Banned
in other words, they released another buggy game?

hardly surprised.

There's apparently some progression issues with a certain quest and another glitch I'm forgetting but I suppose. I'm just irritated right now by the co-op issue but yeah Gearbox done fucked up again. They got the PC port of the game working but alot of other issues need to be ironed out.

SamuraiX-

Shitty game is shit.

News at 11.

If I wasn't co-oping with a buddy, there would've been no way I would've spent as much time as I did with the first one. The absolute blandest game of all time.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Shitty game is shit.

News at 11.

The game itself is fun and it's optimized so it works well on a variety of configs. But the exploits are ridiculous especially the ini exploit for golden keys. And again the stupid co-op issue is inexcusable when the whole reason I even got it at launch was to play with my friends who also got it at launch.

Blackace

Shitty game is shit.

News at 11.

If I wasn't co-oping with a buddy, there would've been no way I would've spent as much time as I did with the first one. The absolute blandest game of all time.

so you played a game you thought was boring?

winner is you?

Flash

thing is, there are four other EC teams with the goods to tank harder than us.

I wouldn't even want to risk them tanking it seeing that our pick would have to go to Rockets if it's not 1 to 3... it would be heart breaking to have to send them a number 4 or 5 pick:\

Top Bottom