• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

The track record of 2K is poor as far as online functionality goes on nba games so it will likely be poor once again.

I usually just play team up vs bots with friends we still have problems but nowhere near as many if we were attempting to connect 10 players.

I wonder if this why they have gone for 3 on 3?

Regular 1 on 1 games will likely struggle too.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Better than who? Uncle drew? If so lmao..

He was the better player all year long. Kyrie got most of his attention when he got hurt. Rubio's impact on the game was ridiculous. Kyrie looked like a Milwaukee Mo Williams most of the time.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah, I don't even know why I took you serious.

He plays the exact same playstyle and role as Mo on the Bucks. Sorry your feelings are hurt so easily but the fact is Rubio's impact on the game was some Jason Kidd level shit. Kyrie did what? Put up some buckets on a shitty team. Okay. Lots of young PGs do that.

Triple U

Banned
He plays the exact same playstyle and role as Mo on the Bucks. Sorry your feelings are hurt so easily but the fact is Rubio's impact on the game was some Jason Kidd level shit. Kyrie did what? Put up some buckets on a shitty team. Okay. Lots of young PGs do that.
Impact? They went from a shitty team to a slightly less shitty one without him. Lmao Kidd. Dude ain't on Kyries level..

charsace

Kyrie performed above my expectations. His first season was better than Rose's first season. I thought he would be Andre Miller with a jump shot and a little less play making. The kid is way more athletic than I thought. He could be the best pg in a few years.

Nori Chan

Holy shit.

Now I like some bad jerseys up in this bitch, like the Heat all black ones and the wizard's gold unis, but god damn those are the ugliest alt unis I have ever seen.

Irving's fg% with 5 minutes left in the fourth and neither team ahead by 5 points is .544 on 35 attempts. The cmpany he's in, as far as that metric goes, is pretty sick.
http://www.82games.com/1112/CSORT5.HTM

as a player, the boy is a stud. As a 1, I like Rubio more. the way he distributes on the fast break is pretty special. and he's giving you multiple steals a game on the defensive end.

(speaking of crunch time stats, John Wall's performance in crunch time is a laughable .167 fg% on 23 attempts. lol, what a bum)

charsace

You wound me Gallo... :(
scaled.php

Oh god

the Spurs have alt jerseys

and they look like shit

dafuck

NSFA:http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/09/19/spurs-unveil-new-alternate-uniform/
lol why is Danny Green wearing foil paper? Won't that keep heat in during games and cook your players?
Rubio and Kyrie had good rookie years, I'd give the edge to Kyrie though. Barring injury either could surppass the other.
Both are special players. I think people were down on Kyrie because his draft was weak. Its like after him guys could have gone anywhere in that draft.

Triple U

Banned
Irving's fg% with 5 minutes left in the fourth and neither team ahead by 5 points is .544 on 35 attempts. The cmpany he's in, as far as that metric goes, is pretty sick.
http://www.82games.com/1112/CSORT5.HTM

as a player, the boy is a stud. As a 1, I like Rubio more. the way he distributes on the fast break is pretty special. and he's giving you multiple steals a game on the defensive end.

(speaking of crunch time stats, John Wall's performance in crunch time is a laughable .167 fg% on 23 attempts. lol, what a bum)

Naw man. Lots of young PGs do that.

dvdjamm

The Stache may be gone, but Adam Morrison is back in the NBA. The pride of the Pacific Northwest signed a one-year contract with the Portland Trailblazers, which is effectively just an invitation to training camp. However, Portland is a team that started Luke Babbitt four times last year; it’s not like he’s trying to crack the Dream Team.

Morrison is pictured here in a Nets jersey, though he was a longshot to play in Brooklyn once the mustache disappeared. He offered to grow a ridiculous chin beard, start a podcast, and ride a fixed-gear bike to compensate, but Brooklyn held fast to their ironic-mustache residency requirement. So he headed to the next best option, Portland, where he hopes to rebuild his career while racking up DNP-CDs and guest appearances on Portlandia. Worst-case, he starts a diabetes-friendly low-carb food truck and learns to play the bass.

The Stache is dead! Long live The Scraggly Goatee!

1st thing I thought of...

1226955580224_f.jpg

giri

Kyrie performed above my expectations. His first season was better than Rose's first season. I thought he would be Andre Miller with a jump shot and a little less play making. The kid is way more athletic than I thought. He could be the best pg in a few years.

That would require rubio, and a bunch of other PG's who are easily better, to all die in some PG conference bombing.

Jonm1010

Banned
Don't normally watch first take but Austin rivers was on for most of the show so I had to at least check it out.

Surprisingly I'm starting to feel better about the pick. The guy is really well put together. Has a surprisingly very intelligent understanding of the game and his role in it. Made surprisingly good arguments and never put his foot in his mouth which shows a level of maturity and preparation I wasn't really expecting from him.

And after hearing all the talk of him thinking he's Kobe 2.0 and supposedly having an ego and mindset above what his skillet actually is, it was nice to hear him mentioning guys like deron Williams and Derrick rose as people he is looking to model his game after coming into the league and mentioning just how much work he has to do to be successful in the league.

Wait til he actually plays. Its easy to say you'll do something esecially when you have little idea of what the NBA is about yet. AI talked about humility and being ok with a lesser role tons of times. And Rivers still has a lot to prove.

Jonm1010

Banned
Shitty game is shit.

News at 11.

If I wasn't co-oping with a buddy, there would've been no way I would've spent as much time as I did with the first one. The absolute blandest game of all time.

Eh I enjoyed the first one.

It's the only game this gen that's had the weird effect of me playing it for about a week. Moving on. Then getting the urge to go back to. Then moving on again, and then coming back to it once again.

I guess I'm just a whore for loot games.

Wait til he actually plays. Its easy to say you'll do something esecially when you have little idea of what the NBA is about yet. AI talked about humility and being ok with a lesser role tons of times. And Rivers still has a lot to prove.
I'm still not conviced he's going to be an elite player, or even a very good one yet. I just had this picture of him as a slightly immature, egotistical ball hog who thinks he is the next Kobe Bryant despite lacking the needed skills and physical attributes that make Kobe Kobe.

What I've been coming away with, especially from this show, is the guy is pretty mature and intelligent and has bought in to the role he's being asked to develop in to. I always knew he had a lot of respect for Monty Williams since he knew him his whole life, but it's nice to see he is almost the opposite of what I thought about how he was going to carry himself coming into the league.

Monty is a huge boon for Rivers, I'm really skepptical of him at PG for any stretch of time. I have no reason to hate Austin, I hope he can develope into at least a solid 6th man.

AI would have gone Menendez on Doc a week into puberty.

Top Bottom