• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/09/17/world-peace-says-lakers-goal-is-73-9/

iQgZ0uvnFmchG.gif

Yeah, no. And Im a cavs fan. 3 of the 5 best players would be on the Magic. Mo would still choke, Delonte is still way to small and would still get abused, Z is still too slow, Wally-Smith-Wallace are still one step out of the retirement home, etc..

Just, no...

Most of Shards offense came off of Dwights presence then, and Dwight was killing Z and Varejao something fierce. Take him away and shit doesn't even work anymore. The offense was based off of Dwight kickouts to three point shooters. That series was actually pretty close despite the series ending 4-1. They'd lose bro.

Triple U

Banned
Convincing argument. "nah uh!".

Swapping out Durant for Howard could potentially get OKC a ring. Dwight is the exact type of player the heat offense would struggle against in a 7 game series and they have NOBODY to guard him.

Yeah, Dwight going to OKC and getting the ball less than he would in ORL would win them a chip. OKC losing their best player and moving WB into the primary scoring role would win OKC a chip. When OKC needs a clutch shot, giving up the best isolation scorer in the game for the options of WB, Howard or Harden would totally win them the chip. Yep. Sounds right...

Most of Shards offense came off of Dwights presence then, and Dwight was killing Z and Varejao something fierce. Take him away and shit doesn't even work anymore. The offense was based off of Dwight kickouts to three point shooters. That series was actually pretty close despite the series ending 4-1. They'd lose bro.

Oh please. Shard and turkeyglues offense came mostly off that pick-n-roll the two ran on us, among other sets. The pick and roll that would land Mo or West on either one of them to get raped. Replace KD with either one of those and God knows what would happen. Lebron won't be able to guard KD for a whole game(certainly not while going off like he did) and nobody else on the roster could come close to guarding him. Let alone KD spotting up on one of the best perimeter passing teams with the biggest greenlight in the league.

Yeah you're crazy...

Yeah, Dwight going to OKC and getting the ball less than he would in ORL would win them a chip. OKC losing their best player and moving WB into the primary scoring role would win OKC a chip. When OKC needs a clutch shot, giving up the best isolation scorer in the game for the options of WB, Howard or Harden would totally win them the chip. Yep. Sounds right....

..yea cause he was fed the ball in ORL on a consistent basis. Losing their best player for a BETTER player would actually be an upgrade not sure what you're arguing there. Durant is a great player and jumpshooter, but him, YNB, Harden, Ibaka and Perk aren't good enough defensively to stop a high powered offense. Dwight covered Jameer, JRich, Hedo, Shard, JJ and a slew of other below average defensive players.

The Heat won by 4, 6, 6 and 15 and lost once by 11. There was never a game winning buzzer beater scenario and I think Dwight defensive presence would put them in position to win any game in that series except for game 5 when battier showed up and Miller went insane.

..yea cause he was fed the ball in ORL on a consistent basis. Losing their best player for a BETTER player would actually be an upgrade not sure what you're arguing there. Durant is a great player and jumpshooter, but him, YNB, Harden, Ibaka and Perk aren't good enough defensively to stop a high powered offense. Dwight covered Jameer, JRich, Hedo, Shard, JJ and a slew of other below average defensive players.

The Heat won by 4, 6, 6 and 15 and lost once by 11. There was never a game winning buzzer beater scenario and I think Dwight defensive presence would put them in position to win any game in that series except for game 5 when battier showed up and Miller went insane.

except in G2 when LeKing mugged Durant on a game tying shot and the refs didnt call it. and how many game winning or game tying shots did Durant put up to get Ws on the way to the finals?
must have been at least a half dozen.

Triple U

Banned

Dwight isn't a better player. And yes he would get the ball even less in OKC.

They stopped the Spurs who most considered the highest powered offense in the league. Dwight Howard puts them in alot worse position playing an elite defense with a significantly weaker offense. Putting Dwight in an iso-based offense would be the most hilarious shit to watch ever.

except in G2 when LeKing mugged Durant on a game tying shot and the refs didnt call it. and how many game winning or game tying shots did Durant put up to get Ws on the way to the finals?
must have been at least a half dozen

Lol at the thought of Howard even trying to take a gamewinning shot. Probably would get put on the line to brick some FTs. Thats the guy I want in the end.

Dwight isn't a better player. And yes he would get the ball even less in OKC.

They stopped the Spurs who most considered the highest powered offense in the league. Dwight Howard puts them in alot worse position playing an elite defense with a significantly weaker offense.

Lol at the thought of Howard even trying to take a gamewinning shot. Probably would get put on the line to brick some FTs. Thats the guy I want in the end.

A part of the equation that escapes you is Kendrick Perkins. perk couldn't crack 5 ppg during the playoffs, him and KD combined for about 33 ppg. Dwight could get 20 or so and then you get a league average SF to throw in a few points and you're only short of the offensive production by 3 points or so. Plus immensely upgraded defense.

I cant remember how many times in the playoffs I saw YNB pushing the ball up the court and ignore a wide open Durant, who would wave his arms and not get the ball.

Triple U

Banned
A part of the equation that escapes you is Kendrick Perkins. perk couldn't crack 5 ppg during the playoffs, him and KD combined for about 33 ppg. Dwight could get 20 or so and then you get a league average SF to throw in a few points and you're only short of the offensive production by 3 points or so. Plus immensely upgraded defense.

No way is Dwight getting 20 with WB as the primary ball handler. This is the guy that looks off the best scorer in the league on the regular. He won't even look Howard's way the first time to have the chance to ignore him. At least the magic would throw Howard a bone every now and then.

And what escapes you is that WB becomes there goto scorer in crunch time. What escapes you is that a league average SF would get raped by LBJ(who howard hasn't had much effect on anyway) .

Howard for KD makes OKC worse overall.

No way is Dwight getting 20 with WB as the primary ball handler. This is the guy that looks off the best scorer in the league on the regular. He won't even look Howard's way the first time to have the chance to ignore him. At least the magic would throw Howard a bone every now and then.

And what escapes you is that WB becomes there goto scorer in crunch time. What escapes you is that a league average SF would get raped by LBJ(who howard hasn't had much effect on anyway) .

Dwight won't get 20 points now? He got 20 when Jameer thought he was an allstar and Hedo/Shard/JJ all thought corner 3s were better options than throwing it inside.

Last time Dwight was in the playoffs he almost averaged as much as KD despite being ignored by Jameer, Arenas and fucking Chris Duhon. Not to mention he scored more efficiently than KD.

I know a defensive league average SF would get raped by LBJ cause Durant got raped by LBJ, but Dwight is a much better rim protector than Kendrick by leaps and bounds.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi

What? Dude was averaging 20 and dropping 40 with Rafer Alston running shit... he will get his. He has proven he can get his even when he's severely ignored.

Harden and Dwight would be a deadly combo by the way.

giri

What? Dude was averaging 20 and dropping 40 with Rafer Alston running shit... he will get his. He has proven he can get his even when he's severely ignored.

Harden and Dwight would be a deadly combo by the way.

ALston passes more than YNB.

and SVG is a better coach than brooks and made sure he passed it.

Triple U

Banned
Dwight won't get 20 points now? He got 20 when Jameer thought he was an allstar and Hedo/Shard/JJ all thought corner 3s were better options than throwing it inside.

Last time Dwight was in the playoffs he almost averaged as much as KD despite being ignored by Jameer, Arenas and fucking Chris Duhon. Not to mention he scored more efficiently than KD.

I know a defensive league average SF would get raped by LBJ cause Durant got raped by LBJ, but Dwight is a much better rim protector than Kendrick by leaps and bounds.

Uh huh. Last time he was in the playoffs he average more shot attempts than he has ever averaged in his career. Last time he was in the playoffs, it was in a losing first round effort to the HAWKS. Dwights career average is 20 ppg in the Playoffs. You really gonna try and play somebody by quoting his numbers in a losing Hawks series? Really?

LMAO.

Oh and the one game where KD consistently guarded Lebron, they won.

Dwight defense is better than Durant's offense because Dwight can single-handily raise up a team's defense to elite whereas the Thunder are pretty average on offense until Harden is in the game even with Durant also having YNB. Dwight's offense is significantly better than Durant's defense. Not really a debate when both are healthy I think. Dirk versus Durant versus CP3 is more interesting.

Uh huh. Last time he was in the playoffs he average more shot attempts than he has ever averaged in his career. Last time he was in the playoffs, it was in a losing first round effort to the HAWKS. Dwights career average is 20 ppg in the Playoffs. You really gonna try and play somebody by quoting his numbers in a losing Hawks series? Really?

LMAO.

He shot the ball 2 more times than his average and scored 7 points higher than his average..

Did you even watch that series? It was a miracle ORL won 2 games. Their 4 loses, every player not named Dwight shot a combined 34.6% 38.9% 33.8% and 41%. That team sucked. Granted they did get a W basically without any help from Dwight.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
He shot the ball 2 more times than his average and scored 7 points higher than his average..

Did you even watch that series? It was a miracle ORL won 2 games. Their 4 loses, every playing not named Dwight shot a combined 34.6% 38.9% 33.8% and 41%. That team sucked. Granted they did get a W basically without any help from Dwight.

nuh uh

giri

Dwight defense is better than Durant's offense because Dwight can single-handily raise up a team's defense to elite whereas the Thunder are pretty average on offense until Harden is in the game even with Durant also having YNB. Dwight's offense is significantly better than Durant's defense. Not really a debate when both are healthy I think. Dirk versus Durant versus CP3 is more interesting.

The only caveat i would add on the Dwight vs Durant debate is that i don't think Durant is finished polishing off his game yet. He's still ONLY 23. And i still say brooks holds that team back a lot. I'd say KD's game @ 23 is further along that just about anyone elses, to being rounded.

Where i think Dwight is now, what Dwight will always be.

The only caveat i would add on the Dwight vs Durant debate is that i don't think Durant is finished polishing off his game yet. He's still ONLY 23. And i still say brooks holds that team back a lot. I'd say KD's game @ 23 is further along that just about anyone elses, to being rounded.

Where i think Dwight is now, what Dwight will always be.

That's fair. KD seems to care and puts in a lot of hard work, he has the potential to become an all time great talent.

fertygo

I dunno who's better, but people really underestimating how unique of player Durant is.. He can score 30 without being dominant with ball at all, that is like dream skill set for offensive basketball player. No way that not helping Westbrook and Harden a LOT no matter you think Durant's playmaking is shit.

We haven't yet to see Dwight playing with ball-dominant player, let alone two. And he gonna took away a lot from Gasol too.

giri

I dunno who's better, but people really underestimating how unique of player Durant is.. He can score 30 without being dominant with ball at all, that is like dream skill set for offensive basketball player. No way that not helping Westbrook and Harden a LOT no matter you think Durant's playmaking is shit.

We haven't yet to see Dwight playing with ball-dominant player, let alone two. And he gonna took away a lot from Gasol too.

We mightn't have, but I have the last 3 - 4 seasons in Orlando.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Can we talk about how Dwight was still dropping 20 and 20 on motherfuckers with a shit back? The only other person in the league who can have an injury that requires surgery and still put up ridiculous numbers is Kobe Bryant.

Dwight played with guys who shouldn't dominant the ball but they did. Kobe is gonna jack up a ton of shots and Nash will dominant the ball plenty but Nash will look to set him up much more than Jameer ever did.

Pau should compliment Dwight's game better than Rhino. Ryan had a better long range game but Pau passes better and has a post game and a nice mid range J. Pau will be fine especially with Nash on the court.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
True, but did you watch Orlando the last few years? Players would constantly freeze him out, even in games when he was dominant and was wide fucking open. It was pretty shameful and well noted by pretty much everyone. So it's not like he isn't used to having shots taken away from him, only now they'll be taken by players better than anyone he's ever played with.

On the Lakers though, Bynum got his. Dwight is not going to get LESS looks than Andrew fucking Bynum, especially with Nash running shit now. Period. If an inferior center can average nearly 19 on this team their's no reason Dwight can't hover around there too. Which is right around his career average by the way.

Emwitus

True, but did you watch Orlando the last few years? Players would constantly freeze him out, even in games when he was dominant and was wide fucking open. It was pretty shameful and well noted by pretty much everyone. So it's not like he isn't used to having shots taken away from him, only now they'll be taken by players better than anyone he's ever played with.

On the Lakers though, Bynum got his. Dwight is not going to get LESS looks than Andrew fucking Bynum, especially with Nash running shit now. Period. If an inferior center can average nearly 19 on this team their's no reason Dwight can't hover around there too. Which is right around his career average by the way.

I think what people are forgetting was dwight has always been on far superior 3 point shooting teams than LA. He'll still be getting his, but unless nash, meeks,metta and kobe can prove as reliable as the orlando teams were his going to be far less efficient as his stats indicate and not much of an upgrade on O.

pilonv1

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick

Morrison has a good shot for a role with the Blazers in light of Elliot Williams' Achilles tear and season-ending surgery last week.

Didn't even know about that, sucks for Williams. Isn't that his second serious injury?

Morrison is gonna get decapitated on some final destination shit.

He's gonna wake up in his hotel and trip over his phone charger which exposes the outlet and a bottle of water sitting on the nightstand nearby will tip over and spill, causing a short. He'll go to the fridge to discover the power is out and water slowly forms a puddle in front of the fridge, where adam is standing. He'll turn and slip and catch himself on the counter but the impact knocks over a butcher knife. He collects himself and puts the knife back. At this point reilo enters his hotel room and cuts his fucking head off.

pilonv1

holy fuck elliot williams is down again?!? wtf

Williams was selected 22nd overall in the 2010 NBA Draft by the Portland Trail Blazers. After playing in the preseason for the Trail Blazers, Williams missed the 2010-11 season due to a knee injury.[1] Williams also missed a significant portion of the 2011-12 NBA season after dislocating his shoulder during an early March practice. Williams had made 24 appearances over the course of the season, averaging 6.2 minutes per game.

WTF goes on in Portland??

SamuraiX-

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick
Morrison has a good shot for a role with the Blazers in light of Elliot Williams' Achilles tear and season-ending surgery last week.

Those motherfucking apparitions.

It was all part of the plan.

He's gonna wake up in his hotel and trip over his phone charger which exposes the outlet and a bottle of water sitting on the nightstand nearby will tip over and spill, causing a short. He'll go to the fridge to discover the power is out and water slowly forms a puddle in front of the fridge wear adam is standing. He'll turn and slip and catch himself on the counter but the impact knocks over a butcher knife. He collects himself and puts the knife back. At this point reilo enters his hotel room and cuts his fucking head off.

holy shit lol

ending was amazing

pilonv1

Matt Barnes robbed us of him in LA

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick

The former Gonzaga star was very good for the Clips in Summer League & thought he'd be added to the roster, but Matt Barnes got in the way.

SUPREME1

Banned

He's gonna wake up in his hotel and trip over his phone charger which exposes the outlet and a bottle of water sitting on the nightstand nearby will tip over and spill, causing a short. He'll go to the fridge to discover the power is out and water slowly forms a puddle in front of the fridge wear adam is standing. He'll turn and slip and catch himself on the counter but the impact knocks over a butcher knife. He collects himself and puts the knife back. At this point reilo enters his hotel room and cuts his fucking head off.

Lmao.

LMAO.

tumblr_m7nbvkXtxN1qb01kc.gif

Top Bottom