• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

Emwitus

image.php

Triple U

Banned
Dwight defense is better than Durant's offense because Dwight can single-handily raise up a team's defense to elite whereas the Thunder are pretty average on offense until Harden is in the game even with Durant also having YNB. Dwight's offense is significantly better than Durant's defense. Not really a debate when both are healthy I think. Dirk versus Durant versus CP3 is more interesting.
No he can't. They were worst than the thunder last year. And you saying that OKC's offense with KD is average is laughable. WB is the reason the offense lags alot. Durant is one of the, if not the most effecient volume scorer in the league.
He shot the ball 2 more times than his average and scored 7 points higher than his average..

Did you even watch that series? It was a miracle ORL won 2 games. Their 4 loses, every player not named Dwight shot a combined 34.6% 38.9% 33.8% and 41%. That team sucked. Granted they did get a W basically without any help from Dwight.

No but I didn't need to. Its the Hawks. Likes seriously. Him scoring on them, with the most shots he's average is supposed to be an accomplishment?

Omega

Banned
\if not the most effecient volume scorer in the league.

this doesn't really make sense.

volume scorer is a label given to people who score a lot of points, but need a lot of shots. examples would be allen iverson, vince carter, kobe bryant and melo

you know, guys that will get you 30 points but need 35 shots to do so.

how does one become efficient at that?

Triple U

Banned
this doesn't really make sense.

volume scorer is a label given to people who score a lot of points, but need a lot of shots. examples would be allen iverson, vince carter, kobe bryant and melo

you know, guys that will get you 30 points but need 35 shots to do so.

how does one become efficient at that?

This may be hard for you, but the concepts aren't mutally exclusive. KD averaged a league leading 28 per, shooting at a 50% clip. Thats insanely efficient for a perimeter player. Thats what makes him special.

All scorers don't have to put up AI/Kobe like FG% to get buckets...

No but I didn't need to. Its the Hawks. Likes seriously. Him scoring on them, with the most shots he's average is supposed to be an accomplishment?

So you literally don't know what you're talking about this time. Cool.

Who needs to watch basketball when we can look at stat sheets and spin them. MOST SHOT ATTEMPTS EVER! Two more than average, for someone who constantly detests hyperbole here you sure are pushing it hard in this instance.

Omega

Banned
This may be hard for you, but the concepts aren't mutally exclusive. KD averaged a league leading 28 per, shooting at a 50% clip. Thats insanely efficient for a perimeter player. Thats what makes him special.

All scorers don't have to put up AI/Kobe like FG% to get buckets...

except that's not what a volume scorer is.

but it's ok keep implying I'm an idiot. you can go continue using oxymorons, i'll leave you alone

Triple U

Banned
So you literally don't know what you're talking about this time. Cool.

Who needs to watch basketball when we can look at stat sheets and spin them. MOST SHOT ATTEMPTS EVER! Two more than average, for someone who constantly detests hyperbole here you sure are pushing it hard in this instance.

You are literally try to big up a series against the Hawks. I mean, do you really know how hilarious you sound? Maybe I should make a case for Kobe over MJ because of the one game against the Raps. Or maybe I can call Jennings the best scoring PG in the league because of that one game he dropped 55.

except that's not what a volume scorer is.

but it's ok keep implying I'm an idiot. you can go continue using oxymorons, i'll leave you alone

Are you really claiming KD isn't a volume scorer? Like really?

He's the reason I can't bare to watch First Take anymore. Skip is just entertainment, but Stephen A is just unbearable. He makes every damn thing about himself or Skip. Everything.

The show has fallen off a fucking cliff. At least there was some buildup going into their debates on Wednesday, but ESPN hastily doubled down on this and completely phased out the other regulars on the show. The new studio and graphics are actually worse than it's predecessor. Another aspect that is severely lacking in quality is the host/moderator. They pale in comparison to Jay Crawford and Dana Jacobson.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The show has fallen off a fucking cliff. At least there was some buildup going into their debates on Wednesday, but ESPN hastily doubled down on this and completely phased out the other regulars on the show. The new studio and graphics are actually worse than it's predecessor. Another aspect that is severely lacking in quality is the host/moderator. They pale in comparison to Jay Crawford and Dana Jacobson.
Yeah, Jay was great. I used to love watching it, but ever since they added Smith, it's just crumpled to me. I don't necessarily blame it on him, but it just coincided with his addition. Now, every debate just becomes a jumbled mess of an argument between Smith and Skip. Stephen A also TALKS TOO DAMN MUCH. Holy shit, dude, get to the point! He starts every point with such a long preface about respect and nonsense, and his lame shtick with the newspaper and his looks got old real fast.

You are literally try to big up a series against the Hawks. I mean, do you really know how hilarious you sound? Maybe I should make a case for Kobe over MJ because of the one game against the Raps. Or maybe I can call Jennings the best scoring PG in the league because of that one game he dropped 55.

It was the last time he was in the playoffs, so I used it. That team sleptwalked but Horford and Smoove are still really good bigs.

You have consistently ignored and denied Howard's defensive impact on games for a while now, I guess I should have known better.

Pimpwerx

Jorts to Miami might make us one of the all-time great rosters....or not. Still a good signing. Hopefully we can jettison Pittman or some other scrub. PEACE.

TripleMia 42258353 said:
Online play for one quarter of demo? That sounds horrible.

Yeah I just find it annoying I want to get a feel for the game, just let me play for a good length of time without loading it up again.

Edit: okc v mia, too.

Triple U

Banned
Honestly, the Heat will probably be one of the top if not best three point shooting teams next year. In order Ray, Jones, Miller, Chalmers, Battier, Bosh, Jorts, LBJ, Wade. They will be fun to watch, obviously.

Edit: Cole is probably somewhere in there too. Forgot Lewis too

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Honestly, the Heat will probably be one of the top if not best three point shooting teams next year. In order Ray, Jones, Miller, Chalmers, Battier, Bosh, Jorts, LBJ, Wade. They will be fun to watch, obviously.

Edit: Cole is probably somewhere in there too. Forgot Lewis too

Lewis is 9th on the all time made list..

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Ammo's good and really angry now - cut Pav and keep him Blazers.

The dude got his knee blown out guarding Luke "muthafuckin" Walton in a preseason game.

There's a good chance he'll spontaneously combust the moment he steps into the locker room.

In other sporting news: Yunel Escobar of the Jays puts "Tu ere maricon” (you are a faggot) on his eyeblack, gets fined 15 grand and suspended for three games. His response: "I dont have anything against homosexuals...some of my friends are gay"
Ball players never fail to step up to the plate. (lol)
first Melky Cabrera, his PEDs and his stupid website scheme, now this. Ball so hard.

In other sporting news: Yunel Escobar of the Jays puts "Tu ere maricon” (you are a faggot) on his eyeblack, gets fined 15 grand and suspended for three games. His response: "I dont have anything against homosexuals...some of my friends are gay"
Ball players never fail to step up the plate. (lol)
first Melky Cabrera, his PEDs and his stupid website scheme, now this. Ball so hard.

Remember though Basketball players are the low-life "Thugs"

yeah, so now that I actually looked at espn's 2012 player ranking...
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8394313/2012-nba-player-rankings-41-50
lol@ Ibaka's ranking. overpaid and overhyped. he has terrible hands, bites on every pump fake, and weak post game.
I hope Rubio worked on his shot during his recovery period, (dat .357 fg%) cause once his shot starts falling look the fuck out. Im more excited about him this season than Uncle Drew, cause he has much more talent to work with.

Top Bottom