• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

Jonm1010

Banned
Monty is a huge boon for Rivers, I'm really skepptical of him at PG for any stretch of time. I have no reason to hate Austin, I hope he can develope into at least a solid 6th man.

AI would have gone Menendez on Doc a week into puberty.

Honestly I'm in a minority with Hornets fans but im skeptical of the entire makeup of our team.

Our four marque players seem to all play the same two positions. Gordon/Rivers =combo guards. Davis/Anderson = PF's.

I love the idea of a Gordon and Davis pick and roll but I just don't know how everyone else fits together.

And rivers is going to have a lot of work becoming a true PG if that's what Monty is after with him.

reading old BestGaf posts is fun. like multiple pages of some dude crucifying Lebron leaving Cleveland in his prime to team up with Wade and Bosh...but the dude's avatar is Dwight Howard. In a Laker uniform.
smh.

Hoopsworld said:
Top Defensive Player: This superlative also belongs to Al Jefferson. Jefferson leads the team in defensive rebounds (7.4) and blocks (1.66). He rates as one of the top low-post defenders in the league, never requiring help. Derrick Favors warrants mention here, though, because he has the potential to be even better than Jefferson on the defensive end.

Hoopsworld is perhaps the greatest site of all time.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Honestly I'm in a minority with Hornets fans but im skeptical of the entire makeup of our team.

Our four marque players seem to all play the same two positions. Gordon/Rivers =combo guards. Davis/Anderson = PF's.

I love the idea of a Gordon and Davis pick and roll but I just don't know how everyone else fits together.

And rivers is going to have a lot of work becoming a true PG if that's what Monty is after with him.

Well Davis and Anderson are completely different players with really different skillsets

Rivers and EG also play different games

I could see rivers getting traded tho

Winning with The Clips wouldn't be legendary, it'd be mythical. That shit ain't happening even if Blake Griff becomes Karl Malone, and Deandre Jordan dematerializes freeing Clips from his contract.

Redux

Banned
That would require rubio, and a bunch of other PG's who are easily better, to all die in some PG conference bombing.

Rubio can hardly learn the English language let alone a playbook that doesn't consist of him lobbing the ball to one of the best power forwards in the game, Kevin Love.

giri

What are his other options? Dallas?

Tons of team with cap space.

But next year you're fully into the new CBA, so S&T's and stuff get a lot harder / almost impossible.

Rubio can hardly learn the English language let alone a playbook that doesn't consist of him lobbing the ball to one of the best power forwards in the game, Kevin Love.

When i think lob/alley oop, the first thing to come to mind isn't Kevin Love.

Redux

Banned
Tons of team with cap space.

But next year you're fully into the new CBA, so S&T's and stuff get a lot harder / almost impossible.

When i think lob/alley oop, the first thing to come to mind isn't Kevin Love.

Sorry wrong term, "Lob City" just came back to mind. I don't know how to describe Rubio's little bitch skip bounce pass to Love on the corner tip three line.

Blackace

jump shooter Kevin Love?

giri

Any of them realistic options?

NFI, don't care. Suns have the Dragon. We already won.

Sorry wrong term, "Lob City" just came back to mind. I don't know how to describe Rubio's little bitch skip bounce pass to Love on the corner tip three line.

I'd probably describe passing the ball to a wide open >.370 3pt shooter the correct play. (particularly as when Rubio was doing it, he was shooting more like ~ .400 iirc)

SUPREME1

Banned
Wikipedia said:
As part of the agreement with Time Warner, the team (Lakers) stated that it will work with the cable provider to ensure that non-Time Warner subscribers within the Lakers' designated broadcast territory (all of Southern California, including the San Diego and Palm Springs DMAs, as well as Southern Nevada and Hawaii) will have access to the two networks. Presently, it is unknown whether other television service providers, such as DirecTV, Dish Network, Cox Communications, Charter Communications, AT&T U-verse, and Verizon FIOS will carry TWC Sports and Deportes.

Lkrs pls

The Clips aint winning shit. But in a couple years, when Nash and Bean are gone and the Spurs are too old, the west opens up. (not that I wish success on anything Donald Sterling owns)

Well, shit, a bad day just got worse. AT&T Uverse in my area wont carry this. Fuck my liiiiiiiiiiife =/

I really don't want to give David fucking Stern any of my god damned hard earned money.. but my options are narrowing. ugh

give it time. I still think ATT, DTV, Cox, etc will come to an agreement before the season starts.

charsace

That would require rubio, and a bunch of other PG's who are easily better, to all die in some PG conference bombing.

His stats for his rookie year are:

18.5 ppg
46.9% fg
39.9% 3pt
87.2% ft
56.6% TS
21.4 per
5.4 asts

There isn't a rookie pg in this century that has put up better numbers. To say he has no chance at being the best pg in the league is just hating. Not to discount Rubio, who had a great impact on the wolves, but Irving was a really good player in his first year.

18.5 ppg
46.9% fg
39.9% 3pt
87.2% ft
56.6% TS
21.4 per
5.4 asts

There isn't a rookie pg in this century that has put up better numbers. To say he has no chance at being the best pg in the league is just hating.

Century meaning the past 13 years right?

giri

18.5 ppg
46.9% fg
39.9% 3pt
87.2% ft
56.6% TS
21.4 per
5.4 asts

There isn't a rookie pg in this century that has put up better numbers. To say he has no chance at being the best pg in the league is just hating. Not to discount Rubio, who had a great impact on the wolves, but Irving was a really good player in his first year.

CP3 16.1 & 7.8ast, 5.1 rbs, 2.2 stl 2.3 TO
KI 18.5, 5.4 ast, 3.8rbs, 1.1 stl. 3.1 TO
Tyreke: 20.1 pts, 5.8ast, 5.3rbs, 1.5stl, 3.0 TO

There is. Hell, reke's raw numbers are better.

But that's not me really arguing that KI didn't put up good numbers. He did. It was just... the ball dominant way he did it, and it didn't really make that team a whole bunch better. Not that all of that's his fault either, the Cavs have a long way to go.

And that he didn't really look comfortable playing point. The difference between what he and rubio are in playing style is vast, but rubios team impact is much greater too.

But the real, the REAL thing that i think will hurt KI, people now scheming for him. I think he could be in for a really really rough second year. Tyreke type second year. For what ever reason, i just don't see him ever putting up a 20 & 10 year, or a 20 & 7 & 5 year.

Always happen to be proven wrong in these predictions though.

linsivvi

Well, shit, a bad day just got worse. AT&T Uverse in my area wont carry this. Fuck my liiiiiiiiiiife =/

I really don't want to give David fucking Stern any of my god damned hard earned money.. but my options are narrowing. ugh

Unless you don't pay anything to watch NBA games, you're giving him money indirectly anyway.

Blackace

18.5 ppg
46.9% fg
39.9% 3pt
87.2% ft
56.6% TS
21.4 per
5.4 asts

only thing that really stands out was his shooting pers.. the kid took good shots. But his numbers were almost the same as Russell Westbrook's rookie season..

Triple U

Banned
CP3 16.1 & 7.8ast, 5.1 rbs, 2.2 stl 2.3 TO
KI 18.5, 5.4 ast, 3.8rbs, 1.1 stl. 3.1 TO
Tyreke: 20.1 pts, 5.8ast, 5.3rbs, 1.5stl, 3.0 TO

There is. Hell, reke's raw numbers are better.

But that's not me really arguing that KI didn't put up good numbers. He did. It was just... the ball dominant way he did it, and it didn't really make that team a whole bunch better. Not that all of that's his fault either, the Cavs have a long way to go.

And that he didn't really look comfortable playing point. The difference between what he and rubio are in playing style is vast, but rubios team impact is much greater too.

But the real, the REAL thing that i think will hurt KI, people now scheming for him. I think he could be in for a really really rough second year. Tyreke type second year. For what ever reason, i just don't see him ever putting up a 20 & 10 year, or a 20 & 7 & 5 year.

Always happen to be proven wrong in these predictions though.

CP3: 43%FG
Reke:45.8%FG
Rubio:10.6pts on 35.7%, 8.2 assists, 3.2TOs

Kyrie had a better year the Rubio and he's a better player. I mean thats just what it is. That FG% is horrible and for a group that criticizes a guy like rondo, I really don't see where this praise is coming from. I'll discount the first year because of how its skewed but Rondo never had that bad of a year scoring.

And Rubios cast is alot better than Irvings. He has a top 5 scorer to get assists from, Kyrie lol. He's a visble better player than Reke was also, more complete. Probably rose too. He can predict he has a bad year next year for whatever reason but, I'm willing to bet it will be better than ricky's.

only thing that really stands out was his shooting pers.. the kid took good shots. But his numbers were almost the same as Russell Westbrook's rookie season..

And Russel is a top ten player in the league so?

Rubio has intangibles that doesn't show up in the stat sheet. Look how quickly The Wolves fell when he was done for the season. I hope Kevin Love realizes that he's not a franchise player.

Blackace

Kyrie had a better year the Rubio and he's a better player. I mean thats just what it is. That FG% is horrible and for a group that criticizes a guy like rondo, I really don't see where this praise is coming from. I'll discount the first year because of how its skewed but Rondo never had that bad of a year scoring.

And Rubios cast is alot better than Irvings. He has a top 5 scorer to get assists from, Kyrie lol. He's a visble better player than Reke was also, more complete. Probably rose too. He can predict he has a bad year next year for whatever reason but, I'm willing to bet it will be better than ricky's.

Rondo averaged less a game than Rubio his rookie year and exactly the same his 2nd year.. better shooting per tho..

And Westbrook is a top ten player since when?

giri

point out FG%, leave out the other stats. Charsace said no one had put up similar numbers in a rookie season since 2000. They have.

It's not really, because i'ts only opinions.

The difference between the two's play style is night and day. So comparing raw stats will forever be futile that way.

And if Rubio is still shooting poorly in 4 years like rondo, he'll cop it from all of us too. But the big difference is you can't just foul Rubio, he's an 80% FT shooter. Which also gives me some believe the kid can actually shoot, he just has to learn to control his lower body when he goes to shoot a jumper. When his feet are set, he's usually fairly decent. Shooting .340 from 3 is an indicator of that, he had time to settle his feet there and shoot under control.

Rubio has more of an impact on the game than irving. He made the wolves look like one of the best teams in the league. And not having Rubio there made things a lot harder for everyone on that team and they looked decidedly average.

Rubio's offense is average right now, but he's the best defensive PG in the NBA (and by a big margin I think). If he can learn how to shoot and make layups, he'll be pretty amazing. Irving could be amazing as well if he becomes a more creative passer. Both guys are great at a lot of things.

Triple U

Banned
Rondo averaged less a game than Rubio his rookie year and exactly the same his 2nd year.. better shooting per tho..

And Westbrook is a top ten player since when?

Rondo only played 23.5 minutes and only put up 5.8 shots. With a .418 average. Thats not a great sample size at all compared to rubio, so I left it out. You know skewed.

And westbrook is a top player. Im not sure what you are arguing...
point out FG%, leave out the other stats. Charsace said no one had put up similar numbers in a rookie season since 2000. They have.

It's not really, because i'ts only opinions.

The difference between the two's play style is night and day. So comparing raw stats will forever be futile that way.

And if Rubio is still shooting poorly in 4 years like rondo, he'll cop it from all of us too. But the big difference is you can't just foul Rubio, he's an 80% FT shooter. Which also gives me some believe the kid can actually shoot, he just has to learn to control his lower body when he goes to shoot a jumper. When his feet are set, he's usually fairly decent. Shooting .340 from 3 is an indicator of that, he had time to settle his feet there and shoot under control.

Rubio has more of an impact on the game than irving. He made the wolves look like one of the best teams in the league. And not having Rubio there made things a lot harder for everyone on that team and they looked decidedly average.

No, he doesn't and the wolves never looked like anything more than a 4-5 seed. LMAO The way you overate these players is hilarious. Rubio is a worse scorer than Rondo at any point in his career and only averages what three more assists than Irving? With a better supporting cast. Please.

Irving is better.

Rubio's offense is average right now, but he's the best defensive PG in the NBA (and by a big margin I think). If he can learn how to shoot and make layups, he'll be pretty amazing. Irving could be amazing as well if he becomes a more creative passer Both guys are great at a lot of things.

OMG what is this shit lol.

Uhh, is Rubio being the best defensive PG in the NBA a controversial opinion? The Wolves were great defensively with him and terrible without. He's incredibly smart, he's really active, and he's athletic.

giri

Rondo only played 23.5 minutes and only put up 5.8 shots. With a .418 average. Thats not a great sample size at all compared to rubio, so I left it out. You know skewed.

And westbrook is a top player. Im not sure what you are arguing...

No, he doesn't and the wolves never looked like anything more than a 4-5 seed. LMAO The way you overate these players is hilarious. Rubio is a worse scorer than Rondo at any point in his career and only averages what three more assists than Irving? With a better supporting cast. Please.

Irving is better.

OMG what is this shit lol.

headshke.gif

Uhh, is Rubio being the best defensive PG in the NBA a controversial opinion? The Wolves were great defensively with him and terrible without. He's incredibly smart, he's really active, and he's athletic.

You'll have to correct me maybe, but i think he won a euro DPOTY award too. At PG. Thats pretty amazing.

Top Bottom