• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

Smokey

Broadcast view is trash

Until they add to offense it's not real

well they do have james hardens cheap swing through move and that kick he does with his legs when he things he gets fouled...that's close enough?

we gonna do a league this year?

the defense is a lot nicer this year... you can like, you know, stop a guy from dribbling right by you.

you really can and i hope so..if not here ill find somewhere...

Why did you think I posted the controls? Sometimes you act like a Lakers fan...

i didnt notice it until i was looking over it again! tried it in game and YEP looks like a flop lol

pilonv1

For all the complaining there is about NBA2K, at its core is a good basketball sim.

Agreed, the complaining is because they're close to making a fantastic game but fall at the last step most years. If My Player and the Ultimate Team ripoff are not fundamentally broken I'll probably play it more than any previous version since I won't have to rely on online play for longevity.

Tried the demo

-Animation is better

-wtf at these controls

-Driving to the basket is piss easy

-Player models seem worse

-The UI and overall presentation seems better, dat Jay-Z influence?

I dunno, it made a better first impression than 2K12's demo; if MyPlayer isn't a clusterfuck this might be okay, I have no hope for online though since we all know that's broken

Smokey

My $0.02...I've played about 20 online "games" (1 qtr each.....)

-Defensively the game is much better than last year. It was posted on the last page but there are a lot more ways to cover on ball this year and chose how much or little you want to play defense. You can use the baseline as an extra defender..they will go out of bounds. I've done this quite a bit by shading ball handler that way.

-Players have more weight. This takes some time to get used to. Result of this though is a lot less of those lunging steals that are annoying on fast breaks

-Player models seem slightly worse. Could just be because of demo dunno.

-Controls take a second to get used to. I'm not down with holding LT+right stick to shoot...so I've resorted to just using X. Need full game to mess around with tutorials etc. I like the dribbling moves on the right stick but that's gonna take practice too.

-Broadcast camera sucks

-Presentation is good

-I've yet to be disconnected from 20 or so online "games"....progress?!

In the end it's the Madden of bball...has issues every year but when Live is your only other bball option......I think they said Mycrew isn't in this year either. I don't think that's ever coming back.

ecnal

My $0.02...I've played about 20 online "games" (1 qtr each.....)

-Defensively the game is much better than last year. It was posted on the last page but there are a lot more ways to cover on ball this year and chose how much or little you want to play defense. You can use the baseline as an extra defender..they will go out of bounds. I've done this quite a bit by shading ball handler that way.

-Players have more weight. This takes some time to get used to. Result of this though is a lot less of those lunging steals that are annoying on fast break.

-Player models seem slightly worse. Could just be because of demo dunno.

-Controls take a second to get used to. I'm not down with holding LT+right stick to shoot...so I've resorted to just using X. Need full game to mess around with tutorials etc. I like the dribbling moves on the right stick but that's gonna take practice too.

-Broadcast camera sucks

-Presentation is good

-I've yet to be disconnected from 20 or so online "games"....progress?!

In the end it's the Madden of bball...has issues every year but when Live is your only other bball option......I think they said Mycrew isn't in this year either. I don't think that's ever coming back.

agree'd on all points.

it's also worth mentioning that passing is significantly better. no longer are you making lazy passes, or incorrectly choosing a chest past or bounce pass. no more weird high, floating, lollipop passes either. and, best of all, finally, on a 2-on-1 or 3-on-1 fast break, you no longer make some retarded chest pass to the lone defender. plus, bounce passes!

pilonv1

Wow they are really encouraging flopping now :lol.

The best part was in the controls videos they used Scola to show off the charge/flop animation.

-Driving to the basket is piss easy

I think part of it is the players being used - Westbrook, Durant, Wade, LeBron should be able to get to the basket easily. Try doing it with Thabo or Ibaka, it's not as easy.

Nelo Ice

Banned
The best part was in the controls videos they used Scola to show off the charge/flop animation.

:lol. They should use it as part of their advertising campaign. "NBA 2K13 the most realistic basketball simulation yet! Now you too can flop like the pros*insert reel of the Clippers*."

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Those shooting controls with buttons are awkward as hell.

I kind of dig it on the PS3 controller.. not so much on the 360..

I think it will come natural after a few full games

espn gunna espn. the one positive move they made is to get rid of Jon barry and Chris Broussard on the pregame and halftime panels and hire SVG.
The one two punch of fuckwittery that came with Broussard and Barry made that shit unwatchable. even their faces annoyed the shit out of me.

Smokey

U kno im down for league but gaf participation seems weak. Maybe look into an active operation sports or realgm group?

yeah if we don't do one here i'll find somewhere we can get one going...all depending on how online association is setup this year though....

STFU son!

The controls take some time to get used to. I still haven't figured out the iso yet offensively. Defensively you can stop guys though.

pheeniks' fighting chance = 1 quarter. he already had his mind made up in advance, which is fine.

I played the demo online quite a bit. Probably close to 25-30 quarters. Outside of somebody straight quitting I wasn't disconnected once. Still cautious about it tho

Smokey

I tried that for a game too just to see how it would work. I tried to use when close to somebody with very little contact or none at all (ginobili). Everytime I did it it was called a block. Also Durant is pretty much unguardable. The Lakers usage is going to be unbearable.

Going to be a long season with the Rockets in this game....if it wasn't for the Texans being the best team in the NFL I dunno how I would cope. About a month away from sitting through a tanking disaster for 6 months.

I tried that for a game too just to see how it would work. I tried to use when close to somebody with very little contact or none at all (ginobili). Everytime I did it it was called a block. Also Durant is pretty much unguardable. The Lakers usage is going to be unbearable.

Going to be a long season with the Rockets in this game....if it wasn't for the Texans being the best team in the NFL I dunno how I would cope. About a month away from sitting through a tanking disaster for 6 months.

You're underestimating your team as far as 2k is concerned. Asik will provide good size, boards and post d. Motiejunas is another big body but who will likely have high shooting ranges for a stretch 4. Kevin Martin and Lamb will knock down most shots and you've got a lot of SF/PF hybrid depth.

Smokey

You're underestimating your team as far as 2k is concerned. Asik will provide good size, boards and post d. Motiejunas is another big body but who will likely have high shooting ranges for a stretch 4. Kevin Martin and Lamb will knock down most shots and you've got a lot of SF/PF hybrid depth.

MEH

I can work with lin and lamb and use plays to get the others in the right spot for their tendencies but meh. On ball defense and other defensive schemes will probably have to carry me.

Lamb going to be nice in here tho. And besides if there is a Online Association going nothing that a few fair and balanced trades can't fix

come at me bro

i just find the existence of ps3 leagues to be kind of laughable in general, dat life is all about uncharted or some shit

this is why I don't go to gaming side, I'm not long for that world

Getting tickets for Wiz/Knicks pre-season. Trying to get directly behind the Knicks bench. We'll see how many fucks they give.

i just find the existence of ps3 leagues to be kind of laughable in general, dat life is all about uncharted or some shit

Getting tickets for Wiz/Knicks pre-season. Trying to get directly behind the Knicks bench. We'll see how many fucks they give.

I'm not about dat paying for p2p online life

that said online will be broke as fuck

you know this

I know this

The 2K cycle is never wrong

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Aren't you the guy who spent over $1100 on hardware and online fees for the privilege to play 360 games? I can understand your resentment towards alternative options if thats the case.

Aren't you the guy who spent over $1100 on hardware and online fees for the privilege to play 360 games? I can understand your resentment towards alternative options if thats the case.

your not even wrong I'm trying to turn into a hardware engineer or some shit by prying open my 360 and creating my own laser via youtube tutorials

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Stop with that stupid "dat" crap.

Anyway, lemme know if you guys wanna start an 2k13 iOS league.

Top Bottom