• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

Memphis' problem is Marc Gasol refusing to call for the ball and the other players ignoring him as a result. those games against the Clippers were hard to watch for that reason.
and it's not like he cant be an alpha dog when he wants to be, dude was beastin at the olympics.

I don't really disagree with anything you said, but Gay being labeled a 'star' player isn't something that bothers me much at all. He's a good 3, MEM's problem is they need a great player but have 4/5 good ones.

Ehh, I think Gasol became a great player last year (his bad playoffs I think mostly came from having to put the team on his back in the regular season) and Randolph is great when he's healthy. It seems like Gay is considered better than Gallinari or Deng, but I think the Grizzlies would be a good bit with either one of those guys as their SF. Gay just seems hard to fit onto a contending team because of his playstyle (while simultaneously being unable to lift bad teams to a decent record) and I don't think that should be able to be said of star players. Maybe he can change like Iguodala did to become a more complementary player though.

SamuraiX-

Lulz at LeBron complaining about questionable reffing in the NFL

Pld0+

I find it more hilarious that Screamin' A. types his sentence in exactly the same manner that he speaks his words.

datconsistency

Ehh, I think Gasol became a great player last year (his bad playoffs I think mostly came from having to put the team on his back in the regular season) and Randolph is great when he's healthy. It seems like Gay is considered better than Gallinari or Deng, but I think the Grizzlies would be a good bit with either one of those guys as their SF. Gay just seems hard to fit onto a contending team because of his playstyle (while simultaneously being unable to lift bad teams to a decent record) and I don't think that should be able to be said of star players. Maybe he can change like Iguodala did to become a more complementary player though.

There's something to be said about fitting in. Gay's style doesn't really compliment Zbo/Marc all that well like you said, but I don't think he's so far away from doing so. In a vaccum he's a really good, in MEM's system next to the rest of the roster he's still pretty good. He does tend to underwhelm and be less than consistent.

charsace

Gay is an alright iso player who gets too many opportunities to iso. He would be better served catching the ball on the move and hitting quick for scores than iso. He has great size for the 3, but doesn't have the skills to iso all the time. The team runs better when Conley is mostly controlling the ball and feeding Gasol/Randolph.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Holy Shit Skip has lost his Gawd Damn Mind on First Take

Damn taking it to Snoop! and the Lakers

Holy Fuck!

Snoop Lion about to go Thug

I just had a dream where Dwight Howard, myself and a bunch of nobodies were literally running through various layers of hell which involved journeys across state lines and dudes melting.

Woke up drenched in sweat.

Goddam

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I just had a dream where Dwight Howard, myself and a bunch of nobodies were literally running through various layers of hell which involved journeys across state lines and dudes melting.

Woke up drenched in sweat.

Goddam

Sounds like you were a member of the Orlando Magic.

BOS shot 40.8%, LA shot 32.5% that game...and LA won. That was so ugly and Kobe had a real shitty offensive game. He did pull down more rebounds than The Celtics' starting C, PF and SG combined. LA would have lost that game if not for rebounding, Pau pulled down 18, pimp shit.

SUPREME1

Banned
Mamba rebounded at about 300% his normal rate... his shot was off, so he found a different way to chip in. It was enough.

Thanks Bean.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
BOS shot 40.8%, LA shot 32.5% that game...and LA won. That was so ugly and Kobe had a real shitty offensive game. He did pull down more rebounds than The Celtics' starting C, PF and SG combined. LA would have lost that game if not for rebounding, Pau pulled down 18, pimp shit.

24FTA in the fourth.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Starting C? Perk was hurt.

But whatever - worst Game 7 ever.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
It hasn't stopped being true so why not?
But it isn't true. He had a shitty offensive game.. and that's it. That's all. He was exceptional at everything else. And even on one of his worst nights he still managed to out score everyone else and lead in 4'th quarter points.

You would think basketball fans would know there's more to a game than just scoring efficiently. Especially when you consider the one thing that was determining games in that series was defense and rebounding above all else. But let's all pretend that was never the case and Kobe didn't excel at any of that.

But whatever - worst Game 7 ever.
Pathetic. "it's teh worst... because.. it's teh worst!" But who am I stop your delusions, you ladies carry on with the buffoonery. You've already decided what you want to believe, facts be damned.

DY_nasty

Pathetic. "it's teh worst... because.. it's teh worst!" But who am I stop your delusions, you ladies carry on with the buffoonery. You've already decided what you want to believe, facts be damned.

Your turn: How did Game 7 NOT suck?

KingJ2002

in what basketball universe is Blake Griffin a better 4 than LemArcus Aldridge? fuckin BS hype man.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8423104/2012-nba-player-rankings-11-15
how does espn even the rate the guy when (or if) he's actually capable of doing anything 8 feet away from the bucket? I mean if he's already the 14th best player in the league, one dimensional at one end of the floor and useless on the other end...

Yeah... that griffin hype is a joke. Definitely not better than LA or Gasol

KingKong

As a Laker fan it was great. Tough, dramatic, against Boston, at home, lead changes, down to the wire, Bill Simmons tears.

As a non-Laker fan I can see how it would suck though.

It was pretty great from a defensive standpoint but they were all too old and too gassed to be that great. Sheed vs Gasol was amazing though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nvtPGwpNoY

oh wait, Game 7 also had the hilarious Derek Fisher rainbow 3 and the MWP 3 right? that was awesome

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Your turn: How did Game 7 NOT suck?
As a biased Laker fan It was an emotional rollercoaster. As a basketball fan It was so great watching all these athletes play their hearts out after being drained physically and mentally. They clearly didn't have much left in the tank, and yet they still competed their asses off. How can anyone not appreciate that?

The defensive tenacity from both teams alone was phenomenal. Again, especially when you consider how mentally and physically draining that series must have been.

If you didn't enjoy it, fine. But cut the hyperbole with that "teh worst evers!1!1" bullshit.

Pimpwerx

in what basketball universe is Blake Griffin a better 4 than LemArcus Aldridge? fuckin BS hype man.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8423104/2012-nba-player-rankings-11-15
how does espn even the rate the guy when (or if) he's actually capable of doing anything 8 feet away from the bucket? I mean if he's already the 14th best player in the league, one dimensional at one end of the floor and useless on the other end...

How is Blake ahead of Bosh? I'm really surprised they put Pau ahead of Bosh too. I put Bosh, LMA and Pau ahead of Blake. His game just isn't complete enough to be put ahead of those guys. PEACE.

Enjoying it. Once I got used to having to use LT to switch from skills to shooting, and I wasn't blowing chances to shoot, I could appreciate how fluid things are this year.

NO MORE MAGNETIC PEOPLE!
please. same old bullshit.
broke netcode, offline stutter, crew mode wont work, league will have bugs, patches that will actually make the game worse.
Did you hate 2K12

k/d ratio watch: .99

its happening red blaster.
soon, my brother, you will keep your word.

DY_nasty

As a biased Laker fan It was an emotional rollercoaster. As a basketball fan It was so great watching all these athletes play their hearts out after being drained physically and mentally. They clearly didn't have much left in the tank, and yet they still competed their asses off. How can anyone not appreciate that?

The defensive tenacity from both teams alone was phenomenal. Again, especially when you consider how mentally and physically draining that series must have been.

If you didn't enjoy it, fine. But cut the hyperbole with that "teh worst evers!1!1" bullshit.
oh please

I don't mind the bias - but be 100% about it before backpedaling with shit like "athletes giving their all". It was an ugly ass game. Plain and simple. It was the Kim K sextape of basketball - yeah! Kim naked and taking the dick! Celtics/LA like god intended! What I've needed in my life!

But it sucked. Crappy shooting, terrible officiating, no flow, pau tears, Kobe never will be NJ, etc

It was terrible. Find a game 7 finals game that was worse.

please. same old bullshit.
broke netcode, offline stutter, crew mode wont work, league will have bugs, patches that will actually make the game worse.

k/d ratio watch: .99

its happening red blaster.
soon, my brother, you will keep your word.

Ah, I never bothered with online mode since I'm UK based and just assumed the lag would be terrible anyway. Only really noticed the framerate drop in certain arenas, if that's what you meant. I'm not claiming it's the perfect game, but the issues that annoyed me last year seem to have been addressed.

(Hopefully Philly don't always get #1 draft pick in My Player)

Did you hate 2K12

I was a little disappointed in it compared to 2K11, but I wouldn't say I hated it. Probably #2 #3 most played 360 game of the year after FIFA and Battlefield.

giri

lol, guy shoots 6/24

Kobe does it: great game 7, shows who he really is!
Afro swag does it: just another shitty game by a volume scorer who couldn't stop chucking.

charsace

The new ball handling in 2k13 is way to easy. Shit will be cheese city.

That's what people want. People cried for sim. 2k gave use 2k11. A lot of people complained that it was too hard to get to the basket and hit 3's, 2k changed it back with a patch and has continued down the dunk fest path with every patch and the release of 2k12.

Top Bottom