• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

KNICKS ARE BACK
tumblr_mb0tux3kPT1qzb7vjo1_500.jpg

giri

Most of their bigs are #luckytohaveajob status..

Huh?

there's only one real starter, Ilyasova, amongst the lot, but there's plenty of respectable role guys there. Gooden and Dalaembert aren't what i'd call a good starting front court, but it's more about how bad all the pieces fit. That bucks team is just such a mess.

giri

What the fuck. This is so fucking humiliating to anybody that worked on this game. SMH EA.

Why exactly?

A game publisher/developer pushing their game back because it's not ready for launch, not a quality product, not finished, and not up to their own standards? That sounds like a really fucking good decision really. Particularly as they're continuing to work on it, they haven't killed the game, just not releasing it this year.

It sounds to me like the sort of decision someone with some actual integrity made. Something 2k gets accused of lacking all the time.

lol, one day after the 2k13 demo. they probably felt the animations of that game made them look a couple generations behind. thats the main thing 2k has going for it, the graphics are ass.

edit:
D12 in the Lakers practise gym.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkw4Acp72lM

is Dwight heavier than Blake Griffin? he says hes 275, Blake has gotta be 260-270 something.

Why exactly?

A game publisher/developer pushing their game back because it's not ready for launch, not a quality product, not finished, and not up to their own standards? That sounds like a really fucking good decision really. Particularly as they're continuing to work on it, they haven't killed the game, just not releasing it this year.

It sounds to me like the sort of decision someone with some actual integrity made. Something 2k gets accused of lacking all the time.

because they have been working on this for three years now

giri

because they have been working on this for three years now

2 isn't it?

And they have a long way to go to catch up on 2k. 2k has added a lot of useless shit to their game.

it'd be MORE embarassing (and potentially end the comeback entirely) if they released a half assed game that didn't sell at all and got horrible reviews.

giga

2 isn't it?

And they have a long way to go to catch up on 2k. 2k has added a lot of useless shit to their game.

it'd be MORE embarassing (and potentially end the comeback entirely) if they released a half assed game that didn't sell at all and got horrible reviews.
Live 10 came out Oct 2009. Add three years to get Oct 2012.

Why exactly?

They've been working on the game for two and a half years. This is after the last product got laughed out of the stores. They came back with this big campaign to pretend that "Live is Back" only to get laughed of the stage yet again. I mean, why even start the fucking hype train back up?

The notion that your team can't even put out a playable product after 3 years is fucking embarrassing. It was never about catching 2K in one year, even they said that. The plan was to at least release a game that had good gameplay even if it was barebones feature wise. They couldn't even do that. So yeah, embarrasing.

I have to give Proky props for trying to go toe to toe against one of basketball's most popular franchises. More props for doing so with one of basketball's most yawn inducing franchises.

This season is going to be good.

I have to give Proky props for trying to go toe to toe against one of basketball's most popular franchises. More props for doing so with one of basketball's most yawn inducing franchises.

This season is going to be good.

I know Prokorov has most of the money but I think most of the credit goes to JayZ for the Nets gaining relevancy. I mean alot of teams have rich owners.

giri

They've been working on the game for two and a half years. This is after the last product got laughed out of the stores. They came back with this big campaign to pretend that "Live is Back" only to get laughed of the stage yet again. I mean, why even start the fucking hype train back up?

The notion that your team can't even put out a playable product after 3 years is fucking embarrassing. It was never about catching 2K in one year, even they said that. The plan was to at least release a game that had good gameplay even if it was barebones feature wise. They couldn't even do that. So yeah, embarrasing.

Yes, their last product got laughed out of stores, so they're not repeating their mistakes. You know, actually working on making a good game, and not just making a cash grab.

They supposedly started completely from scratch again with an entirely new code base.

That's literally a shit ton of code, theory, bug testing, graphics everything, for hundreds of unique players, models, and moves.

They should be embarrassed they want to get that right rather than release a piece of shit?

Ya right.

Some times people have the most warped view of time scales and standards.

Live 10 came out Oct 2009. Add three years to get Oct 2012.

IIRC, they didn't even start on the next one till 8 months later or even more. They had completely shut the team down for an extended period saying they were getting out of it.

giri

I know Prokorov has most of the money but I think most of the credit goes to JayZ for the Nets gaining relevancy. I mean alot of teams have rich owners.

Jayz has had a big influence on the finishing touches, for sure, and done really well too (the Nets brand is really re-building well). But Proks the one actually putting money up, and lots of it.

Plenty of teams have rich owners who aren't willing to splash the cash.

Who ever decided on the rusty building though was a moron.

pilonv1

Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeckNYT

One note from ref camp: NBA is close to finalizing policy on flopping. Will not carry in-game penalty. Will be reviewed after. Poss fine.

oh my

Scola gonna be broke

Top Bottom