• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

Man, the East looks terrible this year other than the Heat. Celtics look fragile, Pacers seem likely to regress, Nets seem to have no depth or defense, the 76ers are starting Evan Turner and Dorrel Wright and Spencer Hawes...And those are the exciting teams in the East this year other than the Heat. Wouldn't be shocked if the #2 seed for the East had less than 50 wins this year.

DominoKid

look at all dem Spot Up Shooters

lol the Warriors are gonna be such a problem.
i DL'd a updated roster w/ the rookies/trade.
Curry/Klay/HB are not to be fucked w/ lmao.

Nuggets still probably my team of choice. Cant believe they didnt give Gallinari any skills.

h3ro

Not to troll.. But do you really think the Knicks are anywhere close to being able to get a ring?
Bnwcd.jpg

If we win two games in the playoffs, I'm poppin' bottles.

You planning on blowing up the Celtic and Heat team buses?
So you're saying there's a chance!!

Played the 2k13 demo. I don't like it at all.

Maybe I just need to get used to it, but the dribble stick was getting abused online. Having to hold L2 to shoot was throwing me off too. Alley oops seem too easy to pull off too.

I didn't play 2k12 at all, was it as dumbed down as this?

Smokey

Played the 2k13 demo. I don't like it at all.

Maybe I just need to get used to it, but the dribble stick was getting abused online. Having to hold L2 to shoot was throwing me off too. Alley oops seem too easy to pull off too.

I didn't play 2k12 at all, was it as dumbed down as this?

-demo is on pro

-can't call plays

-broadcast camera

-1 qtr

-you can use x to shoot, less lag

in other words 2k demos are pretty stripped down. you didn't miss much with 2k12, but even in the demo 2k13 does a lot of stuff better. dunno why they like to change controls every year tho

SamuraiX-

Perfect.

Stoudemire – Hustle Points, Posterizer, Finisher

wutdafuq

Melo-Lala-Poker.jpg

"You know when you like grab a Larry O'Brien Trophy and it's... you feel it and it feels like a bag of sand, when you're touching it?"

"Bag of sand?"

"You know what I mean, why don't we just play."

"have you ever felt a Larry O'Brien Trophy before?"

and I said GOT DAAAAAYYUMM

Omega

Banned
those 2k signature skills are lolworthy

and by that i mean the names, like alley-ooper, and the skills they gave to some people.

lol it's gonna be hilarious when the Heat fail again because they have to play in a real season.

Yeah, because 16 more games is all insert blank team needed to get over the hump.

Oh and Wade above Dirk last year is totally right. Literally the the only thing Dirk could be better than Wade at is offense, and Wade was better. If you are gonna moan about Wade declining then you have to moan about Dirk to.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yeah, because 16 more games is all insert blank team needed to get over the hump.

Oh and Wade above Dirk last year is totally right. Literally the the only thing Dirk could be better than Wade at is offense, and Wade was better. If you are gonna moan about Wade declining then you have to moan about Dirk to.

totally right doesn't really apply.. offensively both had good seasons, Wade had a quiet but great season.. he was for a bit and Dirk played pretty much the whole season tho..

Wade is nothing to write home about defensively, but neither is Dirk.. so that's a wash.

really their seasons were comparable

totally right doesn't really apply.. offensively both had good seasons, Wade had a quiet but great season.. he was for a bit and Dirk played pretty much the whole season tho..

Wade is nothing to write home about defensively, but neither is Dirk.. so that's a wash.

really their seasons were comparable

Wade on his worse day is a better defender than Dirk. I don't see it as a wash at all. Wade can at least play good/great team D. Theres a reason the Heat have one of the best defensive backcourts in the league.

Blackace

Wade on his worse day is a better defender than Dirk. I don't see it as a wash at all. Wade can at least play good/great team D. Theres a reason the Heat have one of the best defensive backcourts in the league.

LBJ is the anchor to that D

It's not like the heat were thought of as a great defensive backcourt before LBJ got there so that's about all there is to say about that

LBJ is the anchor to that D

It's not like the heat were thought of as a great defensive backcourt before LBJ got there so that's about all there is to say about that

I thought it was pretty well known that the Heat were a great defensive team pre-LBJ.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIA/2010.html

6th in the league.

Wade is a strong defender, great at playing passing lanes and probably the best shot blocking guard since jordan. There really isn't anything defensively I would call Dirk good at other than being 7ft.

Blackace

I thought it was pretty well known that the Heat were a great defensive team pre-LBJ.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIA/2010.html

6th in the league.

Wade is a strong defender, great at playing passing lanes and probably the best shot blocking guard since jordan. There really isn't anything defensively I would call Dirk good at other than being 7ft.

They stayed middle of the pack to top ten shutting down the east

But until the last few years the east wasn't very offensive driven

He isn't a bad defender which Dirk can be at times

But their seasons last year werent so different that Wade was clearly better

Edit also dallas was 8th in d the year they beat the heat and heat were 5th so does that make Dirk awesome?

They stayed middle of the pack to top ten shutting down the east

But until the last few years the east wasn't very offensive driven

He isn't a bad defender which Dirk can be at times

But their seasons last year werent so different that Wade was clearly better

Edit also dallas was 8th in d the year they beat the heat and heat were 5th so does that make Dirk awesome?

It makes Chandler awesome. Or maybe Marion. Or Kidd.

uhhh no, thats bosh. don't let shitty DPOTY votes change that.

LOL

Pkaz01

I think I would rather have nothing than have charge card as a signature skill.

The whole clipper team should get a flop skill though.

lol they could have at least gave him one for rebounding or something.

He's probably cutting himself right now.

thanks 2K...now Doug will bench him and say "get some skills, scrub".

I love the idea that Doug would make coaching decisions based on 2K signature skills.

"Get out there, we need some boards and apparently you have 'glass cleaner' or whatever this year. Turner sit your blank skill tree ass down. Fuckin' generic, signature skill-less, busta-ass dusty-ass nobody."

in his defense, dirk has improved to being an at least average defender, and he's pretty good at stripping (aka slapping) the ball out of his guy's hands during a shot attempt. that might be the only thing he can do defensively that stands out.

edit: didnt they have signature skills back in like 2k5? i remember some players would have stars, feet with wings, a "3" etc when you control them.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Since 2007...

BlazersEdge said:
The No. 1 picks in 2007 (Greg Oden), 2008 (Blake Griffin), 2009 (Derrick Rose) and 2010 (John Wall) have now all dealt with knee injuries.

Top Bottom