• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekad

Banned
Lets pretend he does go to Dallas.

Is Dallas even better than they'd be with Tyson? They still need a center.

The Deron-Dirk combo sounds nice on paper but it just doesn't seem like much of a basketball duo. I just don't see it as complimentary and in the end I'd expect them to "take turns" and limit their effectiveness.

Two guys who excel in the pick and roll...

Delonte parted the lane like it was Gloria James' buttcheeks.
laugh9xd11.gif

How is Deron and Dirk not a good basketball duo? Dirk made Terry/Dirk work and Terry isn't half the player Deron is.

Anyways the Mavs can't really fix the center problem until 2013.

This is the deron who made Boozer look competent on offense?

It means that their second unit scoring isn't reliant upon JET chucking Dirk or Deron can sit and it will still have some flow.

JET and Dirk run a fair few PnR's too, i'm sure Deron will be slightly competent at that.

On top of which, they now have their star AFTER dirk too.

It's not just a move for now, but one for later also.

Besides, why are you dissing the 3 headed center monster?

You guys may be right. Its Deron Williams ffs. Hes incredible.

The point I'm making is that its not clear-cut and Deron+Dirk isn't = not 1 not 2 not 3..

And if they don't get him...well, it'll be one of the biggest blunders in recent history. Its one of those things that can be only judged in hindsight. So we'll see.

The point I'm making is that its not clear-cut and Deron+Dirk isn't = not 1 not 2 not 3..

And if they don't get him...well, it'll be one of the biggest blunders in recent history. Its one of those things that can be only judged in hindsight. So we'll see.
I think people often forget how importance defensive anchors are for chips.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I complain about OKC calls a bunch when they just dive into the lane with no chance of finishing, but this game is pretty evenly called. Just a lot of fucking FTs.

giri

Nothings a given, but i think it will be a pretty decent match.

Still have to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom