• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

This thread.

TKZFQ.gif

Cloudy

Banned
I feel Boston is a bigger threat to Miami than Chicago but they match up worse with the Bulls. Rose's injury might benefit them the most if they just get their heads out of their asses

it's a fact that bowen wasn't a great defender until he played with TD..It is an opinion that playing with TD allowed him to be ultra aggressive and kick guys in the face
bowen playing lockdown D isn't proof TD played better defense.
there are instances in which teams played fantastic team defense and not because of defensive monster in the paint.

charsace

The championship Knicks teams had more defensive impact than the Celtics. They locked up West, Baylor and Wilt in the finals.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Well i'm waiting for people to pull up the stats.....so will see who started watching in 06.

without looking at stats, because I don't have the time right now.. but the 2nd 3peat Bulls..

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Well i'm waiting for people to pull up the stats.....so will see who started watching in 06.

You're the one who should pull them up. We'd be glad to oblige.

I just gave you an example with Gerald Wallace was easily one of the best wing defenders of the decade who not only routinely dug in asses man to man but also was a premium help defender. The only guy other than Hakeem and Robinson to put up 2 bpg/2 spg in one season. He was THE wing defender of your argument.

And the defense that year was 18th in the league.

Meanwhile, Dwight Howard can have one of the best defenses in the league with his best defender being Pietrus. And because of his impact on the game, he can make guys like Hedo, Jameer, and Shard look like above average defenders. Bogut as well - and he never had anyone worth talking about.

Wallace had Okafor and Felton - who were both at the time very, very good defenders.

So shoot

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Atlanta just lost their best player?

Is it the same one that gets paid 120 million US dollars?

charsace

You have the championship Piston teams, 90's Sonics, 90's Knicks, Ralph Sampson/Hakeem Rockets, 90's Bulls, Bird Celtics and some other teams that I would put above 2008 Boston.

KG was good in gaurding 5s and 4s who didn't weigh wildly more than he did and could over power him.....So does that mean he sucked on defense? People forget he was the best defensive play on arguably the best defensive team of all time(2008 celtics)

Duncan's teams were better than Boston's on defense.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/blog/?p=7239

Also, 2004 Spurs were under 95ppg. 2008 Celtics were over 98pp100.

Those are both players's best, IIRC.

Wow Boston. And knee spain for Josh Smith :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom