• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

balddemon

Banned
"Half of his hand was just hanging off. It was really bad. Blood was just squirting out. That's why they had the paramedics come in, because they thought he might have punctured an artery because of how much blood was coming out."
don't know the source, but my friend got it from twitter some espn article

Lol amare

I just realized, but the Knicks have gone on the longest without a playoff win of all the franchises....I know they are in the middle of making history but DAMN

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I went into work early and was depressed about the Bulls game. Then I watched the Cat Daddy video for the first time then I was like daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

How it is Chicago's home floor still has that fucking basketball behind the logo at center court? I mean no one actually thinks that looks better than the logo would by itself, do they?

How it is Chicago's home floor still has that fucking basketball behind the logo at center court? I mean no one actually thinks that looks better than the logo would by itself, do they?

They should make the logo take up half the court, actually just half the bull face ripped on one side. Yeah.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Forever alone.

571395561.jpg

itfeyebpkmh6a30jiu.gif

KingGondo

Banned
Tyson Chandler is your dpoty (according to sportscenter).

Things are looking up in Knicks nation...
Are they really?

The Knicks are still stuck with overpaid B-level "superstars" who don't fit together, mediocre role players and no depth (along with a premier defensive center, which is nice). Unless they can find a way to flip Amar'e for something (highly doubtful), they're stuck.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
YES

Coach pat getting that foot in thhe door son! Jeffriey reassembling the cast of space jam... Barkley gm?

(Seriously though does it really matter who your coach is)
Yes it matters!

Next year we'll make the transition from trying to lose games on purpose to being plain old turrible like the Wizards and Kings. Its a big deal.

masud

Banned
Yes it matters!

Next year we'll make the transition from trying to lose games on purpose to being plain old turrible like the Wizards and Kings. Its a big deal.

Oh come on, no transitions are being made, they're gonna be terrible for years. Might as well not tarnish the career of another established coach. And who knows maybe Ewing can be an effective motivator. He is scary as shit after all...

Sanjuro

I said a "Spike Lee" movie. That was clearly a Shelton Lee film.

I thought Inside Man was decent, obviously I forget it's a Spike Lee film as it's styling is vastly different from most of his filmography.

DY_nasty

Oh come on, no transitions are being made, they're gonna be terrible for years. Might as well not tarnish the career of another established coach. And who knows maybe Ewing can be an effective motivator. He is scary as shit after all...
We'll draft the next Magic Johnson before the Knicks are able to find someone to take Amare

Just let Amare come off the bench.

Unless the Knicks trade him for some super-retardedly bad contracts that are equals to Amare's (and likely for "worse" players), no one is going to help them out.

If he comes off the bench, he can be an offensive center in the second unit, be an offensive focal point, and maybe his declining athleticism can be masked against opposing bench scrubs.

Knicks fandom.

DY_nasty

Haven't we discussed every Knicks player other than Tyson going to the 2nd unit at some point?

linsivvi

Didn't watch the game. So what happened during the game that frustrated Amare so much that he'd punch glass? It can't be just being down 2-0 on the road.

Oh and BTW:

Kobe_Doin%27_Work.jpg

Fox318

Just let Amare come off the bench.

Unless the Knicks trade him for some super-retardedly bad contracts that are equals to Amare's (and likely for "worse" players), no one is going to help them out.

If he comes off the bench, he can be an offensive center in the second unit, be an offensive focal point, and maybe his declining athleticism can be masked against opposing bench scrubs.

Knicks fandom.

I still think he can be an effective starter with a good PG. You know Shump is gonna start next year with Landry coming off of the bench and Novak brought in only for his parameter shooting so why not try and start Stat? Unless you think the main problem with him starting is he isn't getting his space with Chandler playing C.

charsace

We'll draft the next Magic Johnson before the Knicks are able to find someone to take Amare

Amare has 3 more years left on his contract. The Sonics/Thunder rebuilt fast and it took them more than 3 years and they had Durant for all of them. The bobcats would need to draft the hand of God and stockpile a bunch of first that turn into lotto picks and not miss on most of them to turn around that horrible team in 3 years.

At the end of Amare's contract the bobcats will be mediocre at best. Especially if their luck holds up and they don't get a top 2 pick in this draft and end up with Barnes for PR reasons.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Amare has 3 more years left on his contract. The Sonics/Thunder rebuilt fast and it took them more than 3 years and they had Durant for all of them. The bobcats would need to draft the hand of God and stockpile a bunch of first that turn into lotto picks and not miss on most of them to turn around that horrible team in 3 years.

He never said anything about the Bobcats being good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom