• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
@ESPNChrisPalmer

Changing a shot that results in a miss is the same as a block. Guards do it all the time. Just no stat for it.

@ESPNChrisPalmer

Carmelo Anthony is the best one-on-one player in the game. No answer for him.

@ESPNChrisPalmer

Eric Musselman would be the perfect candidate for the Bobcats job.

‏ @ESPNChrisPalmer

No way the B in the Jay-Z designed Nets logo isn't a subtle shout out to Beyonce.

‏ @ESPNChrisPalmer

What 23-year-olds have ever thrived in crunch time like Durant? Give me names.

‏ @ESPNChrisPalmer

Kevin Durant is the game's best young closer.

@ESPNChrisPalmer

Menace II Society is the best gangsta movie ever. I was literally afraid of O-Dog.

@ESPNChrisPalmer

Still possible for LeBron to win 5 or 6 rings.

Doomsayer

mj-laughing.gif

Felt like every Clipper run in the 4th quarter ended with an injury. I hope at least Nick and Bledsoe are ready to go on Saturday. Mo looked like he was hurting more than everyone else sadly.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Most of those Chris Palmer tweets are garbage, but I can't hate him for thinking Menace II Society is the best gangster movie, even though I disagree with that.

City of God > Your favorite gangster movie

Allow me to agree with Reilo here. Palmer is the worst ESPN.com has to offer. Dude has been whining about monte ellis not being an all-star all season long. Says he's the best player to never make an all-star game.

80% of what he says makes no sense, as Reilo demonstrated. Dude is a clown.

The Griffin hate for this game is weird. He played okay (nothing great, of course). 9/15 shooting, Zbo didn't go off, again.

The problem for the Clips was Foye. Dude has been completely shut down by Allen (as expected).

And it's been mayo and Gay that's beating them on the other end. They have no one to defend those guys besides KMart but if you start KMart at SF, your offense will die. Also, Evans returned to goon status.

This is from the Pacers lockerroom. I posted it earlier.

pilonv1

@ESPNChrisPalmer
Changing a shot that results in a miss is the same as a block. Guards do it all the time. Just no stat for it.

I almost agree with the first part. Except when you're like Ibaka or Ronny Turiaf and you chase blocks and leave yourself out of position.

@ESPNChrisPalmer
Eric Musselman would be the perfect candidate for the Bobcats job.

Completely the wrong team for him. Here's your Bobcats staring lineup under Mussleman

DJ, Kemba, Henderson, Maggette, Davis

You can't run without the required players. Enjoy your 30 wins Chris Palmer.

giri

I almost agree with the first part. Except when you're like Ibaka or Ronny Turiaf and you chase blocks and leave yourself out of position.

I agree, and don't. Because a lot of wing players also have 2 staged shots, there's the initial action which you're meant to bite on, and the second that is the real one. Impossible to tell and track realistically.

Also, having watched some of the grizz game, will finish it soon. Can they afford to let oj mayo go? they need a piece back if they get rid of him, he can't walk for nothing. They need offense off the bench, and spacing in crunch time.

I don't even know who they'd get. Reddick? Dudley?

pilonv1

I agree, and don't. Because a lot of wing players also have 2 staged shots, there's the initial action which you're meant to bite on, and the second that is the real one. Impossible to tell and track realistically.

Of course, the part I agree on is for some guys just altering a shot can be almost as valuable. But you have to be selective, and it's not worth it if you end up out of position and give up offensive boards.

giri

Of course, the part I agree on is for some guys just altering a shot can be almost as valuable. But you have to be selective, and it's not worth it if you end up out of position and give up offensive boards.

Yup, it's why ibakas block numbers are genuinely impressive, but not as good as they seem. He so regularly leaves his man open for an offensive rebound or the like.

It's also why steal numbers are such fools gold too.

Duki

Banned

Completely the wrong team for him. Here's your Bobcats staring lineup under Mussleman

DJ, Kemba, Henderson, Maggette, Davis

You can't run without the required players. Enjoy your 30 wins Chris Palmer.

thats like a 300% increase in wins

coty musselman

Meier

I'm actually pretty excited about the prospect of the season being over. Just bury this thing and put it to bed. Fire Otis and Van Gundy and start over.. the team needs an enema.

SUPREME1

Banned
smh you fuckheads.

Godfather.

Thank you, moving on.

I called in sick to work a few weeks ago on a rainy day. Felt like shit, weather made it worse. I brewed a pot of coffee and watched the Godfather II [Coppola Restoration*] blu-ray (202 minutes)... immediately followed by the Once Upon A Time in America blu-ray (229 minutes).

7+ hours of epic gangsta shit that day.

The night before is when I started feeling sick and so I just chilled on the couch and threw on the Godfather [Coppola Restoration*] blu-ray... which was why I was in the mood to watch the others the followng day.

Godfather > Godfather II >>>> Everything else

* =
Is this the only blu-ray version, lol?

So I finally decided to throw up a basic offseason thread because I have draft questions.

Give me a title, guys.

2012 NBA Offseason OT: A year of tanking for a guy who can't make layups
2012 NBA Offseason OT: Unibrows about to become more popular
2012 NBA Offseason OT: Where the Cats finally might win something, maybe

Uh frigging goodfellas says hi. Robert DeNiro brings it

The departed deserves a mention too.

City of God was interesting but not great in a gangster movie way.

man, go sit in the corner.

I called in sick to work a few weeks ago on a rainy day. Felt like shit, weather made it worse. I brewed a pot of coffee and watched the Godfather II [Coppola Restoration*] blu-ray (202 minutes)... immediately followed by the Once Upon A Time in America blu-ray (229 minutes).

7+ hours of epic gangsta shit that day.

The night before is when I started feeling sick and so I just chilled on the couch and threw on the Godfather [Coppola Restoration*] blu-ray... which was why I was in the mood to watch the others the followng day.

Godfather > Godfather II >>>> Everything else

* =
Is this the only blu-ray version, lol?

some days i put godfather 1 as the best gangster movie, or GMoT.
and other days, i put godfather 2 as the best gangster movie, or GMoT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom